1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017] The After-Loss Ventilate and Ameliorate Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, it's starting to feel like we're gonna need one of these threads again this year. Boy, tonight sucked. Here's how heypartner kicked this one off last year.

funny how some things never change . . . "Sad how we can't win when Harden has a bad game."

CertifiedTroll and heypartner like this.
  2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'm missing so much Netflix wasting my time on this junk.

HeWhoIsLunchbox likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The first all around game from the Rockets and they threw it out the window the last 6 minutes for ISO.. Rockets were up 10 despite Harden having a TERRIBLE game (he still had double digit asts).

Whenever Harden has a bad game it really looks like he has money on the game.

4. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

I missed the game, but looks like we can't blame Brew for this one?

daywalker02 and snowconeman22 like this.
  5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

2015/2016 made me impotent

Anything better than last season is a positive. As such a loss doesn't affect me as much as it used to. Still impotent.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you've learned the wisdom of staying calm.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

1) Nothing has changed from last year. We still blow leads in the 4th quarter because of stupid ISO offense. Isn't that what MDA was supposed to improve?

2) Stupid to keep finishing games with Nene over Capela.

deb4rockets likes this.
  8. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

This was just a bad episode of WestWorld. Next week's episode will be better and answer all your questions.

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Harden had an off shooting night , but the lack of offensive flow in the last few minutes was not on him . No one was moving off ball until dantoni called a time out .

We're gonna need one of Gordon or Anderson to step up if/ when harden is off and neither did tonight . Capela did , nene did , Dekker , even Brewer and Ennis did .

Gordon's 4/16 looks pretty bad . Andersons 4/9 doesn't look awful , but he made bad decisions and passed up open looks at the end . We are paying him 20 million to shoot , he's gotta do it .

Ariza played ok . I don't expect him to play better or worse , sometimes his shot will be on etc . I'm impressed with Clint and nene tonight , they were fantastic .

James is gonna have off shooting nights , he limited his turnovers and had 13 assists even when his teammates couldn't hit **** . He played solid d . This game is on Anderson and Gordon . The good news is that the defense looked much better.

We're gonna learn a lot about this team by how they respond tomorrow night . Espcially given hey are going to try to integrate a new piece in Bev .

Ps. Obligatory Dmo would've helped tonight post .

10. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

MIKE DANTONI IS A LOSER THATS THE UGKIEST ******* OFFENSE IVE SEEN PNR PNR PNR PNR 3 3 3 3 ISO ISO ISO ISO P N ****** RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

THE DEFENSE IS ****** HORRIBLE

AND ON TOP OF ALL THIS UNWATCABLE **** THE GAMES ARE UNBEARABLE TO LISTEN TO. I CANT TAKE ANOTHER GAME OF PLASTIC FACE & MISSING CHROMOSOME COMMENTATE. AND THEN WE GET THIS CORNY GEEK ON THE ******* ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOTHINGS CHANGED. WE DONT HAVE A COACH. WE DONT HAVE A GOOD OFFENSE. DONT HAVE A GOOD DEFENSE. DONT HAVE A COMPETENT GM. GOT A SENILE LOSER FOR AN OWNER THAT ONLY CARES TO MARKET HIS ****** TEAM TO CHINESE

**** THE ROCKETS IM DONE BEING A MEMER IM GOING BACK TO WHAT MADE ME FAMOUS IM LEADING THE HATE FOR EVERYTHING ROCKET THIS SEASON ************************KHVIHIHGHUIVVHHIKHVJBCNB JH KJ NGF

IM GOING TO ******* DENNYS **** EVERYBODY

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

When we lose, boy it looks bad. I mean we looked like the 76ers out there at the end of the game tonight.

Harden chucking when clearly not in rhythm. Brewer still in rotation ahead of McDaniel. Classic Rockets leading all game and blowing it at the end, just like in LA.

This is why we are roughly a .500, maybe a little above, team this year. This is a frustrating season because we have some weapons but coaching still sucks.

OKC isn't even good smh.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Vent- Hardens legs went missing

Ameliorate- somehow was still close

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That was sickening. Ugh!!! Nothing worse than watching a lead disappear before your eyes. I've said it before and I'll say it again......Get the ball to Dekker more, and keep him in more!!! He should have pulled Gordon out and put Dekker back in when everyone kept hitting air balls. Our starters did not bring the offense tonight. You know we are in trouble when Brewer and Ennis are shooting better than Gordon and Harden.

My biggest complaint about the way coach is rotating is that I think he takes Capela out for too long, when he is the best rebounder and shot blocker. Capela had 14 rebounds to Nene's 5. How did Nene turn the ball over 5 times? Good news out of all this.............Capela made 3 of 4 free throws. That's better than James did tonight. We just need to shake it off and take Portland at home!

14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Meh it's just basketball.

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Warriors
    Clippers
    Spurs
    Lakers
    OKC
    Jazz
    Blazers

They all seem like better teams than Houston.

Making the playoffs could be tough

16. dmoneybangbang

Harden still doing iso-Harden stuff is a double-edge sword.

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. PhiSlammaJamma

One way to solve all these problems would be to start a fraternity.

da_juice likes this.
  18. DMO (DJ remix)

except Clippers, Spurs and Warriors rest of the bunch is about the same level as Rockets, but we'll see how it goes for us when **** hits the fan, because Anderson or/and Gordon is gonna get injured sooner or latter.

19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

He always will as long as the coach leaves him in there to do it. I was honestly wanting him pulled out those last 6 minutes just to stop him from doing that.. At least Ennis didn't slow the pace down, and found a way to get to the rim and was passing the ball and not slowing it all down standing there dribbling. Nothing worse than a last second pass from Harden to someone else who has no time or chance to even get off a good shot. That drives me nuts!!!

Nivos and Mr. Clutch like this.
  20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Harden definitely has to take some of the blame. Even Brewer and Ennis were doing better than him at moving the ball and getting to the rim, with defenders in the paint. Capela even had a better free throw percentage than Harden. At least Anderson was 4-9 from the arc. Ariza was off, but did get 4 steals, which was more than anyone else. As for Nene, he doesn't rebound enough, and had 5 turnovers. Capela had 14 rebounds to Nene's 5, and didn't turn the ball over once. Capela is on the bench too long in the last minutes!!!