1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BiGGieStuFF, Jan 3, 2017.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Just started thinking about upgrading by evo one and holy **** phones are crazy expensive now. I think I paid 200 bucks for the evo one, when it was the newest on the market, and now Samsung are like 800-900 bucks.

Sajan likes this.
  2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I bought my S7 Edge unlocked from Best Buy for $600 like 8 months after it released.

The S8+ hasn't come anywhere near that price. Phone prices are too high. :(

3. buffalobills!!!

Got $100 off V30 on a Black Friday weekend deal, but it's still not worth the price. It is much better than the G4, though. Anybody have the regular Pixel 2 made partially by HTC?

4. ramotadab

ramotadab Member

Hey guys selling my brand new in box 32 GB Blackberry Keyone with all original accessories. Price is $350. I received a new one from Blackberry after my original one's screen came off, which was a known issue with the first batch of Keyones. I am willing to negotiate the price if anyone really wants the phone.

5. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

wrong section

ramotadab likes this.
  6. RedRedemption

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

ramotadab and RedRedemption like this.
  8. RedRedemption

I passed on last year's models because of no headphone jack and crappy fingerprint scanner placement.

This seems like a worthwhile upgrade.

9. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

start a 2018 smartphone thread?

RedRedemption and ramotadab like this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I got the V20 for cheap, but the V30 is sexy.

Probably get it later this year if LG's rep continues to tank prices after 6 months...

fba34 and RedRedemption like this.
  11. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

The variable aperture is the only interesting part to me. The smaller 2.4 aperture lens could potentially give the s9 an edge on crispness of pictures taken in normal and bright light conditions. I really wish Samsung would put in a wide angle camera on their phones. I recently got a LG G6 and I absolutely adore the wide angle lens. It gives me so much more flexibility in framing shots in tight spaces.