1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017] Sam Dekker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Rockets4Life13

How can you say that he will stay a bench player because he cannot create his own shot if we never saw him trying to do it? I think once he gets more confident u will see that he will be able to do it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. bongman

bongman Member

I feel that it is unfair at the moment to compare him to CP. CP got the starting role as a rookie, got a lot of minutes and experience and got the green light to do a lot of things since we really did not have a lot of good players on Harden's first year. Don't know if things will change if he is allowed to be more aggressive offensively but only time will tell. Its safe to say that his trade value should be currently higher compared to players drafted in the same position.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Whenever I see Dekker I can't help but think of Castor from Orphan Black
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. AFS

AFS Member

If he can develop the same way Barnes has, that would really be something. Barnes has been impressive so far as the lead scorer for the Mavs.

5. Chamillionaire

I like the Barnes comparison. CP is a freak with his handles and passing for such a tall dude. Dekker is not like CP in that regard.

DonKnock likes this.
  6. Sanity2disChaos

Hey , if Anderson becomes your fourth option we are doing pretty damn good.

7. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

It's still too early to say what Dekker's ceiling is. I guess what type of player he can be will depend on what type of role he will be given. I think we're seeing a very solid rotation player. I'm not sure if the rockets need another fifteen point scorer, given that they are doing so well spreading the ball. It's unlikely Dekker will develop into someone like Parsons unless a guy like Ryno or Ariza is out.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

WOW! Uncanny!! I still have to watch season 3 of Orphan Black. I hope Dekker is as crazy as this guy. Harden needs more lunatics to play with.

9. Play07

Play07 Member

career high last night, he always diving in the paint for a rebound, plays within his game doesn't try to do too much, always cutting, just a smart team player.

this was a great first round pick !!!

DonKnock and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  10. vator

vator Contributing Member

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Remember Draymond Green in his first or second season? Not much of a player, to an inexperienced eye, even to the experienced.

SUPERSTAR IN THE THIRD!

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Dekker is already better than Parsons. He just hasn't gotten enough run yet. Dekker is stronger and has a better shot. He can actually use his height in the paint where Parsons was never a factor down low.

13. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I think some of his success is that he's sneaking up on people. It'll be interesting to see how he adjusts once other teams adjust to him...but overall, I'm ecstatic with his play and it's caught me completely off guard. I love his energy off the bench.

14. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

@30sec CP would have dunked that all in one motion during his rookie season

15. valorita

valorita Member

Dekker is elite at finishing, is athletic with size and has 3 point range.
    Essentially everything that Morey said he was when he was drafted.

Although I did not expect his defense to be passable at this stage in his career.

He essentially creates a 7th starter level player for our rotation which is huge and fits our system perfectly.

RudyTBag and DonKnock like this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Congratulations Houstonians, we got a big ass Thunder Dan Marlejie with a late first rounder. Total score...

Daryl Morey strikes again.

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Wow that is pretty close to his game except Marlejie was white and had better hops.

macho GRANDE and RudyTBag like this.
  18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He's been really excellent this year, especially from range.

Can we put to rest the theory that Morey is a bad drafter? He's made some mistakes, but his hit rate at the low 1st/early 2nd round has been superb.

RudyTBag likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He's still really young. CP wasn't that great with his handles his rookie year.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

But not an all star. That guy is overrated. It's like if Battier or Chuck Hayes was talked about being a superstar. I know he's better than those guys, but put Draymond on the Kings and he's nobody. Superstars make any team good. That's not who he is. He makes good teams better.