1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017 NFL Draft/1-12] Deshaun Watson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2017.

?

Do you like the decision to trade up & select Deshaun Watson?

1. Yes

90.8%
  2. No

9.2%
  1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Moon only played 4 or 5 years in that offense. I like Russell Wilson but he's not on the same planet as Moon when it comes to throwing the football. Rules were very different then too. Defensive backs could wrestle and hit receivers back then in a way that would get them penalized on today's game. Warren had his warts but he was a Hall of Famer with his overall body of work in the NFL.

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Ryan, Big Ben, and Carr are all arguable. Brees is not. Brady and Rodgers are the only two that are CLEARLY better.

3. HR Dept

Brees and Stafford are DEFINITELY inferior. And Cam is too based off of his recent play since the Super Bowl. Again... Big Ben, Carr, and Ryan are all arguable.

It’s shocking to me that so many people don’t see Wilson as a tier one QB. Then to say “not up there with the big boys”? You gotta be kidding me.

pgabriel likes this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Moon threw a ton of interceptions. Thats what is wrong with his career. He threw 21 interceptions twice. He threw 21 in 93 hands down his best team.

I didn't realize how bad it was until i started digging into his stats instead of Wilson.

He wouldn't get a sniff of the HOF with numbers like that no matter how many years he could have played

He was a turnover machine

I grew up watching him. He threw a beautiful ball but looking at it he is one of the most inefficient quarterbacks ever

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I dont get it. People saying Stafford is better. Crazy.

People dont understand good quarterback play and Wilson just doesn't get the buzz for whatever reason even with two super bowl appearances

One of the issues is people don't realize how strong and accurate his arm is.

The Real Shady likes this.
  6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Wow. Somehow Russel Wilson is now overrated.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Russell Wilsons 2015 was better than any year Moon had. Warren Moon is more of a Matt Stanford. Good arm but high turnovers.

pgabriel likes this.
  8. tmacfor35

Hahahahhahaahhahahahah.

What?

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You honestly believe Brees is inferior to Wilson? Thats just laughable.

Stafford has put up some huge individual seasons and is off to a great start this year, I could see Wilson and Stafford being in similar tiers.

Point still stands that everyone else I mentioned is universally understood to be better than Wilson

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think yesterday explained why we'll never agree when it comes to QB's, the way we all see things are just too far apart. We have people who think that QB's who for the bulk of their career were the very definition of a safe game manager (with plus wheels) is superior as a passer to Warren F'n Moon based solely on out of context efficiency stats. There's just no way to bridge that gap.

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

There is nothing defensible about throwing 21 picks and only 21 tds like moon did

Efficiency is why Seattle wins.

Thats the goal not racking up John Madden numbers

Im amazed at how many so called football fans don't understand this

Moon is 60th bro in rating

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Amazing.

We finally get a quarterback with some potential - something we can all agree upon - and the main thread about him turns into a debate about Warren Moon and Russell Wilson. Debate goes on for like three pages.

People, let's live in the here and now and be happy that this team finally has a young quarterback that has shown at least a tiny bit of promise.

Not saying he's going to go out and light it up tomorrow and beat the Patriots. No, there's good potential it could be the worst game he has all season. But at least I am not stuck in debating random quarterbacks, that were never Texans, and from different eras, in circular logic.

I live and breathe Texans football. Let's get that other ish outta here.

eric.81 and Nimo like this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Wilson can play ball control or put up an all time great statistical season like 2015

Only an idiot would not see the value in that

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I bet if they created another thread about Moon and Wilson stats and moved those posts there, This thread would be one page long.

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dude. I grew up watching him too. He never played with a another great offensive player outside of Bruce Matthews and Cris Carter. Marshawn Lynch was Superior to all of those other players Moon played with.. His teams were never good enough to win period. I would love to see Russell Wilson play on a team without a monstrous defense and see him win a Super Bowl. The rules were different for defensive backs as well, they could mug those receivers, Hell you can't even touch guys now.. Two different eras.

BTW, if we are using the "INT" argument, Dan Marino, Brett Favre and Peyton Manning all have multiple 20+INT seasons and have thrown more picks than Warren Moon. So you're telling me that these guys aren't Hall of Famers? You're telling me that Russell Wilson is better than a prime Moon, Manning, Favre and Marino? Stop it.

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

Whatever you do, don't get in it with them. Just stay on topic or walk away. Some people just want to argue and they'll keep trying to find someone to argue with them.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  19. HR Dept

Absolutely. Wilson is a better QB than Brees. Obviously Brees at his prime was the better QB, but you’re either blind or not watching if you haven’t seen his regression. And before you state what’s universally understood, do a little research. I think you’ll quickly find out that you’re mistaken. You have all of the right names, they’re just all out of order.

20. tmacfor35

We had an elite noodle armer already and we were pretty good offensively. I still think his arm is better than average when his feet are set properly.

Something tells me that if he cleans that up that we will not be having these discussions any more.