1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017 NFL Draft/1-12] Deshaun Watson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2017.

?

Do you like the decision to trade up & select Deshaun Watson?

1. Yes

90.8%
  2. No

9.2%
  1. MystikArkitect

The most promising part is that he only runs and pulls Houdini stuff when the pocket collapses or he's sure of himself. This isn't RG3.

He sailed some passes and I'm hoping he doesn't get used to throwing across the field like he did to Griffin but man this kid looks like a player. Easily the most promising loss in Texans history.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He definitely did. Brady was getting rid of that ball in 2 seconds, but Watson rarely got rid of the ball that quick.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Bobby comes to eat crow and somehow words himself in to half the plate.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

He showed some major promise on that last drive against Cincinnati. I felt like you ignored that and still are ignoring that so that it would further your narrative.

I think that's what peeved me so much. Writing a narrative based off so little data and ignoring the counterpoint.

But I give you props for facing the music.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Watson had a great game. A couple of bad throws and that throw to the sidelines is still a problem, but the quarterback on the field today is a winner. If he builds from here, he's got a real shot at being a franchise QB.

It's a shame the defense and his head coach let him down so badly today because he was on the verge of giving us an outstanding victory.

That was truly HIS game as well. The offensive game plan was piss poor again but Watson bailed the coaching staff out. Now, he can't keep trying those across the field desperation heaves so I hope he doesn't get that itch going forward.

Amazing that the coaching staff watched him and Savage during the preseason and camp and thought Savage was the better player.

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

And now we can put that "savage should start" nonsense to bed. This kid will be special very soon

macho GRANDE and TheBrownDude like this.
  8. tmacfor35

If you think the offensive game plan was piss poor then I don't really care for your football knowledge. Game plan was great.

9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I hope so. I'm tired of being at the bottom of the offensive rankings. 30th in offense after 3 games is awful. We can only get better. I sure enjoyed watching our defense get 4 forced fumbles and 5 sacks. But, you just can't beat NE with only 2 touchdowns and an interception, even with 4 made field goals. Brady is just the best of the best. 5 touchdowns is something I dream of us achieving one day.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It's funny how they could have won with 1 more TD instead of a field goal.

deb4rockets likes this.
  11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Every sports station and channel will be talking about the Texans for the next few days.
    I cannot wait!!!!!!

12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Well, let's hope we can beat Tennessee at home. Otherwise, we will be 1-3, and the hype won't matter. We need this home win really bad!!!!

macho GRANDE likes this.
  13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

A certain poster's thought process:

1. Tom Savage deserves to play because he is a pure pocket passer and Watson "hasn't shown any indication" that he will be a good NFL player.

Savage lasts 1 half before being replaced.

2. Deshaun Watson is not an NFL caliber passer

Watson made some very good throws with depleted receiving options and no tight ends and beats Cincinnati. He showed that, in fact, he was an NFL caliber passer.

3. OK, he can play a little bit, but I would be surprised if he throws for 200 yards, and there is NO WAY he will throw for 300+ yards.

Watson throws for 300 yards in his second start, against the defending champions, on the road.

4.****, oh well, I'll just act like I haven't been campaigning against Watson for the past several weeks. I'll just say I thought it might happen, but I hadn't seen enough.

There is being wrong, and then there is being way wrong.

#2093 T for 3, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  14. tmacfor35

What poster do you speak of....

Kendrick Lamar and T for 3 like this.
  15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I can't remember his name...I think it's like RobertTheGood or something.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No no, it's WilliamtheWell. Isn't it?

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, I'll just let the fanboys have their fun, their guy finally did something right and they deserve to enjoy it.

tmacfor35, T for 3 and whozee like this.
  18. whozee

whozee Member

I'm a Bobbythegreat fanboy

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Dude should have been the first rookie ever to beat Belichick. On the road.. in Foxboro.. he's the definition of clutch. A few of his plays were breath taking. If you weren't beating your chest after some of the **** he pulled off, you're not a die-hard

Aside from constantly trashing his arm, you've maintained that he was not worth moving up or drafting in the first place. You should be eating crow.. not calling anyone a fanboy but bobby gon bobby

#2099 sammy, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  20. theh

theh Member

Watson looked fantastic today and it was only his 2nd start!