1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017] Montrezl Harrell

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I've always like his Landry-like finishing ability. Since he's not a stretch 4 in this offense, its a credit to his hard work and ability that he still earned a role.

The bad, Harrell has 8 rebounds total the past 3 games including a ZERO rebound game. Amare was never a good rebounder with MDA and they did ok. But even though team rebounding is still good, gonna need more than that to anchor the middle. Still his overall contributions are positive.

s3ts, D-rock and KDavis like this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

This brother can straight play!

DonKnock likes this.
  3. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

This time where he is needing to step up could be a turning point in his career. This is his golden opportunity to show he can be a real asset and not some 3rd string bench guy. I am hoping he just keeps getting better and better.

4. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Just being honest! That is what he will become and we all know it.

6. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Agree with you 100% But I'm just saying Morey probably agrees with you too

7. bongman

bongman Member

Montrezl will show that he is the real "Ray Lewis with a basketball"

s3ts and Pen15clubber like this.
  8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

same wingspan with capela and standing reach just 1" less than capela

and Montrezl maximizes both to his advantage as shown in his dunks and blocks

I'm not too worried about his rebounding looks like he's boxing out well while his teammates get the rebound

BigMaloe, s3ts, ramotadab and 2 others like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I am satisfied with his rebounding and expect him to really shine after he gets a couple of 30+ mins games under the belt and finds his chemistry with harden

s3ts likes this.
  10. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

He still needs to learn how and when to roll to the basket. In last nights game (@ Grizz) Harden was
    instructing him on the court where he wanted him to be on several occasions. Montrez missed an
    important box out late in the game. On the job training. He will get it. Watch out league once he does.
    I've given a bunch of credit this year to D'Antoni & Bzdelik.....but Roy R. is doing a good job. I can't say
    enough about the job John Lucas is doing. When you look at guys like Miles Leonard, Alex Len, WCS &
    others, you can't help but marvel at the development of Capela, Dekker and Harrell this season. People
    should know that Lucas has Capela shooting hundreds of FT's almost every day. Both Capela/Harrell are
    shooting hundreds of jump shots as well w/Lucas.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

that J was sweet, i want to see more of pick an pop

DonKnock likes this.
  12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Pretty much sums it upo_O

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Need him to be a better rebounder. He has the strength and athleticism to do it, and he is operating near the basket often enough to be able to do it. I'm not talking about a major jump because PF's simply don't grab as many rebounds as they used to (defending the perimeter more often, a higher % of rebounds are long rather than short these days) BUT he can do better. He misses rebounds that he can and should get.

On defense he still doesn't always make the wisest decisions but that's totally understandable given his level of experience. It's more a matter of understanding how to tweak his behavior in each situation. I'm confident he will take care of this over time.

Other than those two things, I'm happy with everything he does. A pleasant surprise this season.

DonKnock, Houtho, ramotadab and 4 others like this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Trez is really surprising.

TBH I had written him off over the summer. Didn't think he would amount to anything.

Boy was I wrong and I gladly admit that.

He's getting better at team defense which is always hard for young guys. Even Capela who's better still makes a lot of mistakes on that end although before the injury I thought he was doing a fantastic job.

I do wish trez would grab more rebounds. I don't understand how some games he only has 2-3 rebounds he should be getting at least 5 on hustle alone.

I'm optimistic that we have our center rotation of the future on the roster right now in Capela/Harrell. Hopefully Nene can play 2 more years as vet insurance/mentor to the young guys because Capela/trez can be a force on both sides of the ball for all of Hardens prime, that's a major luxury to have.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I am disappoint son, how come we didn't see another sweet jumpshot from trezll in a BO game?

17. Rockets4Life13

He really has a good jumper i wonder when he starts to take 3's more often.

Lawlruschang and hakeem94 like this.
  18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Heck, having Capela on a rookie scale contract alone is already a luxury. Both he and Harrell (who's passable at center) are probably the best value combo at the position in the league.

YaoMing#1, Lawlruschang and hakeem94 like this.
  19. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Harrell is nice and he needs to grab more rebounds for center position.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

imho he doesnt need to, it's a team game, what matters is a W

Williamson and PeppermintCandy like this.