1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017-2018 was an AMAZING season!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, May 29, 2018.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I am sure people later will appreciate and love this season for what it was. This was the most fun I have had watching the Rockets in the regular season since I could remember. Its unfortunate how it ended, but at the end they were one game away from going to the finals against the most talented team possibly in NBA history.

Everyone is upset and bitter right now but I am so much more happy about the season we had compared to the seasons in the last 20 years. The Francis/Mobley eras were fun to watch but they never were going to get anywhere. Yao and Tmac were MVP level talent but it was a continuous what if? We never really got to see what their peak could have been with all their injuries. There is no doubt for this team, if they were healthy they would have been playing in the finals IMO.

I know this was a huge downer, but as much as the rest of the media crticizes Harden he has always come back every season with something new in his arsenal, I am sure he will too this summer. Paul is going to be even hungrier. Capela is continually improving. The role guys in Ariza, Gordon, Tucker, LRMAM and Green those guys know what they need to know. If we bring everyone back, and it sounds like that is the primary plan this team is going to be a thorn in GS' side and be right back next year. Hopefully this time they have the good fortune not to have any critical injuries.

I cant recall the last time I was feeling pretty well after a season ended. Normally I am upset/disappointed/depressed for a while. I was down all day yesterday, but I am doing well today and thats because I know this team is right there and will be there again next year and I believe they will get over the hump. NBA History is littered with teams that always had to get better to knock off their nemesis to advance - Pistons with Boston, then Chicago with Pistons, Lakers vs Spurs, Spurs vs Lakers, etc. This is going to be one of those building blocks for the team.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Warriors won 70+ and didn't win championship. Cavs traded half of the players and were getting blown out in many games yet they are tangling with the Warriors. And Warriors finished 2nd place actually they might of tanked this mid-season to rest players because Kerr has similar philosophy with Spurs coach [Duncan- DNP (old)]. Ask the Raptors about wins. Having healthy players in the postseason and play energize is what separate us from the Warriors. Just get in and win.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Think about all of the "boring wins" the Rockets had this season! Excellent!

#BoringWins

Zergling likes this.