1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017-2018 was an AMAZING season!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, May 29, 2018.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Please change thread title, "2017-2018 was a FAKE season!"

#21 ipaman, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

This season means sht. We probably not gonna make it this far with Anderson contract dragging us down. Idk if harden still has the motivation after getting shafted at home court by the refs. Sure we got MVP and first seed it literally means nothing when we lost the way we did at home. I now understand y our home court is sht I wouldn't want to go if I have to watch shtty refs like foster will the opposing team to victory with sht calls.

The biggest game for the rockets in quite some time and they send foster, the shittiest ref.

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

You're brain washed.

League is rigged.

ipaman likes this.
  4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

If the Rockets get passed the Warriors next year, league will jump on the Celtics being the new powerhouse to win a ship and storyline will be how they finally overcame injuries (some horrific ones) to realize their destiny to win another ship.

If Lebron comes to Houston they will market Lebron vs Flat-earth angle but will help the Celtics prevail over the hated rockets.

It's all rigged.

If by some chance the rockets stay healthy and win a ship it will ONLY be because the league gave their "blessing."

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Ouch, my grammar.

Here's hoping the last series causes some good changes. :)

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

after witnessing last night, I wouldn't put any of that out of the realm of possibility

Tfor3 likes this.
  8. Xerobull

I won't say basketball doesn't stop for me, but I'll be ready for next year soon enough!

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

All limbs are retained.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Appreciate the positivity but . . . you think the Rox will win 65 next season? Things are looking up?

bloodwings19 likes this.
  11. Juxtaposed Jolt

I love all the positivity in this thread.

But it doesn't soften the blow, or make it any easier to digest the fact that we were right there. And there's no guarantee that we'll be right back in the WCF next year, either.

Honestly, I'd probably feel better about the state of the Rockets if we got absolutely blown out and swept in 4 games. At least then, there'd never be a feeling of "what if."

12. Xerobull

Warriors themselves won 73 and DIDN'T win a title. Regular season record isn't that important. Things are absolutely looking up- CP3 will be back without an injury and I'm sure we'll reload with some great additions. In Murray we trust!

13. dmoneybangbang

It was a Disappointingly Great Season. We almost beat the 90s Bulls this week.

14. bratna8

bratna8 Member

This loss (Game 7) feels like the Stockton shot, minus the fact that we weren't going to play Jordan, Pippen and the Bulls in the Finals.

So yeah, it's very tough to swallow right now.

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Man i know i sound bitter but F this whole season! CP3 injury and Harden not fighting back after taking the hits ruined this season.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

17. threepointshot3

Foundation is now set with James and Cp3 so the next logical answer is Lebron

18. Xerobull

Or someone. There are some excellent threads on how it can all work cap-wise.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

No, the Rockets did not win the championship, but as it relates to pre-season expectations, they did exceed them.

Also, think about how you feel NOW.

And then think about how you were feeling at the end of the dumpster fire 41-41 season. How you were feeling after game 6 vs Spurs last year.

This team and CULTURE has come a LOOOOOONG way.

RocketWalta and joshuaao like this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

This is the first season that during the regular season I did not feel they were out of ANY game - very relaxing regular season.

That being said, to win in the playoffs they need to adjust a bit....looking forward to next year.

DD