1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017-18 Toronto Raptors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by celebrevida, Dec 25, 2017.

1. omgTHEpotential

I still think Houston is a better overall team, but you have give respect to receive it. The Raptors are up there with the GSW/HOU.

I'd say it goes like this:

Tier 1: Houston, Golden State, Toronto
    Tier 2: Boston
    Tier 3: Cavs, Spurs etc.

2. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Harden torched them for 40 points. Almost stole the game away.

Raptors don't have an elite wing defender to stop LeBron from barreling his way into the paint like Harden for layups and dunks. Ibaka is no longer a rim protector and Valanciunas is too stiff and unathletic to stop LeBron from bulldozing him over.

Cavaliers in 6.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's only one game. But the last time they played the Cavs, they beat them by 30+ points -- without Lowry and Ibaka. That was probably the rock bottom of the Cavs' season. Let's see how the new Cavs fair in the playoffs.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  4. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Playoff mode LeBron will cut through them like sliced cheese.

Raptors are an elite team no doubt, but they don't have an elite superstar to carry the load and match LeBron in the playoffs. Lowry and DeRozan are not up to the task over a 7 game series. You need a Durant or Harden to go up against LeBron in a long series. I would give the Raptors a chance maybe if they had a elite wing defender like Kawhi, but they don't.

Cavaliers in 6.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I hear you. But don't forget the Cavs likely will have to go through the Celtics first. Kyrie is going to play with a chip on his shoulder if the two teams meet in the playoffs. Getting to the ECF won't be a cake walk for LeBron like in past years.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  6. sew

sew Member

OG Anunoby is their elite wing defender in the making. Just take a look at how he played Harden in their first matchup.

7. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Personally, I think they're a fluke.

Lets see if they prove me wrong in the playoffs.

Anyone remember how bad DeRozan and Lowry were vs Indy in the playoffs a few years ago? Complete ghosts

8. aroundtheblock2

I wouldn't put Toronto with GS and HOU, just don't see it. Their team is going to be the exact same team they have been come the postseason. That deep bench becomes a lot shorter in the postseason.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Even if they fizzle out in the playoffs, they made it to the talk of the month and next month with their play.

There wasn't real buzz for years.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

they won't be able to duplicate that insane shooting performance from behind the arc over a long series against any elite team in the playoffs. lowry was 1-8 on threes in the game he played against GS early this season

ghettocheeze likes this.
  11. omgTHEpotential

You may be right, but Houston fans are exactly the ones to talk. The Rockets haven't exactly been a monster post-season team either. Harden has even quit in the playoffs.

12. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

The McGrady years are over. We can get out of the first round now and proved it last year and 3 years back with the playoffs that involved paperclips getting shot.

13. omgTHEpotential

Exactly, the Raptors aren't a perennial 1st round exits anymore either. People forget that the year the Cavs won the championship, Toronto took them to 6 games in the ECF. And this Toronto team is even better than that one.

14. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

I dont expect the Cavs to reach the finals this year. Any team that could shut down the rest of the Cavs team, I can see Lebron laying down to let it happen.

15. Roxs-Redemption

16. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Remember what I said?

LeBron just cut through the Raptors like sliced cheese.

Raptors had to no chance. They don't have an elite wing defender like Draymond or Kawhi -- a must-have to take on the King of the North.

LMAO at Drake aka The Good Wife!

[​IMG]

ramotadab, Jontro and Mr. Space City like this.
  17. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

I was mistaken. I'm not sure what happened to them. They look like the pretenders of old rather than the great team we saw during the regular season.

They have to sweep the next two games Cleveland now.

If Jazz give Rockets trouble even if losing the series (like Pacers did to Cavs) and if Raptors don't at least make it a series, Jazz might prove to be a much better team than Raptors.

ramotadab likes this.
  18. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

What the **** happened there? Looks like Lebron is Fleece Johnson and Drake is just another one of his b****es.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

At the end of the day DeRozan & Lowry just aren't stars, they're really good players in a good system. They need a foundational player or a 3rd really good player. LeBron is an all-time great and that team's new lineup really does get better with each game.

ghettocheeze and ramotadab like this.
  20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Draymond was unable to stop Lebron either. You can't stop players of his caliber. You just have to make more shots than them.