1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017-18 Cleveland Cavaliers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by celebrevida, Jan 20, 2018.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Reminder that Lebron is currently the MVP favorite to many, despite being in the exact same situation as James Harden in 2016, where he was left off All-NBA all together.

Deuce likes this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

I just don't see Miami being in play here, they just don't have the assets to build a great team fast enough, assuming Lebron wants to go back there, he had some words with Riley after he left.

But i've also a hard time thinking about Boston as an option here, assuming Irving wants him there, they have already 100M tied in cap space between Horford, Hayward and Irving (which counts for 18 as today but in one year he's getting a max which should start around 35). That's probably why they traded Bradley and they're now looking to trade Smart, they just don't have enought money for everyone, having Tatum, Brown and Rozier on cheap deals helps them, for now. There's just no way they get Lebron unless they trade Horford which doesn't make much sense...i mean, they could do it and trade for a center, but i don't see cheap and good centers out there, outside of RoLo maybe...and again, assuming Irving wants him there.

3. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

4. bratna8

bratna8 Member

This is getting better by the minute

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Watch out for Lebron getting traded with Wade and TT to OKC for Adams, Abrines, Singler and Roberson.

6. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

[​IMG]

Vivi likes this.
  7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You are a trip. I'm the one who said coaching makes a difference. Funny how you completely distort that.

Very likely fact: Cavs would have beaten GS the first time if Kyrie wasn't injured.
    Undeniable fact: Cavs would NOT have beaten GS the second time without Kyrie.

Kyrie is a championship player. IT is not. Kyrie >>>>> IT. Celts won the trade in a landslide. Kyrie is a great player.

I'm not denying whatever stats you pull out. It's not Kyrie's fault the Cavs faulty offense was designed so specifically for LeBron. If you can't admit that, so be it.

Major props to Kyrie. Unless something weird happens, he's gonna be top 5 MVP this year. Maybe even top 3.

YOLO likes this.
  8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Not any more. LeBron probably isn't the MVP to a lot of Cavs fans. The media (who votes for MVP) are torching him right now and it's February.

If a vote was taken right now, LeBron wouldn't even finish top 5 IMO (Harden, Curry, KD, Giannis, Kyrie).

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The point is...he'll still undoubtedly make 1st, or at the very worst, 2nd Team All NBA. Not deserving at all if held to the same standard Harden was held.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You realize there's absolutely no way in hell Kyrie wants to play with LeBron AGAIN, right?? If he didn't mind in the first place, he wouldn't have left.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lebron would definitely finish in top 5 come on now, the Cavs have still a positive record just because of him, definitely not because of IT, Love playing at center, the new Kardashian toy boy or JR...Harden, Lebron, Curry and Durant are the best right now, Kyrie and Giannis are good (Giannis is better imo) but they're just not on the same level.

Nook likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Double post

13. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Giannis is no where near mvp but point taken

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OK, you're right. LeBron probably slips in at #5 assuming the Cavs don't collapse.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

I don't see Miami either. As with the Lakers, Bulls & Knicks, who else is joining him? Dwyane Wade? OK... And Miami pulled a Portland to a lesser degree and handed out a bunch of 4-year contracts last summer to average players. And for the reasons you mentioned.

Realistic (or semi-realistic; teams you can make a case for) IMO
    Sixers ("up & coming")
    Bucks (Giannis)
    Celtics
    Pelicans (AD & DC)
    Raptors
    Rockets
    Spurs
    Thunder(RW, PG & CA)
    Wolves (Wiggins back to Cleveland? Ha ha..)
    Blazers (Hey, rumors of McCollum for Love! Why not just join McCollum/Lillard/Nike in Portland! :rolleyes:)
    Warriors
    Wizards

Bulls, Knicks, Lakers (Dependent on 2nd/3rd stars joining)

Now you can probably cut that down: Don't really see the Sixers, Bucks, Pelicans, Raptors, Wolves, Blazers, Warriors, or Wizards) ... but who knows?

How can you turn down LeBron?! Celtics are already great(Tatum, Brown, Irving, Hayward, Horford), more picks on the way, ...if any team could turn him down, they could make the case to do so.

So then you're left with San Antonio, Houston & Oklahoma City. (Now this is where the national media comes in and says there are no great options for him to go in 2018, he should ride it out one more year and reassess the landscape in 2019.)

16. PatBev

PatBev Member

This is all Lebrons fault. Basically talking **** on social media to get his boys signed to big contracts

If I was kyrie I would of left too

It seemed like every time CLE wanted to make a good basketball decision Lebron would b**** online till he got his way

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, the only teams which make sense to me are Rockets and Spurs, but for various reason i'd say the Rockets should be way ahead here, and i hope to be right since i was actually expecting CP3 to pick San Antonio ahead of us
    and also cause i don't think we have a shot at George unfortunately

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. Nook

Nook Member

I tend to agree with you. The reality is that there isn't a lot of situations out there are are ideal for Lebron James. I know that there is a report out today saying the Lakers are concentrating on 2019. However I still think he will listen to the Lakers, Clippers, Spurs, Warriors, Celtics and Rockets. I think the Rockets would be at a minimum in his final 2-3 choices.

Also a lot of teams are looking at the reality of the situation. This isn't like "The Decision I" or "The Decision II" because LeBron James is 33 years old. There is no "building your franchise around him". He will have played 1400 NBA games by the time this season is over. For comparison purposes, that is 1.5 seasons more than Michael Jordan played in his career and about the same number Olajuwon played in his career. Jordan and Olajuwon played until they were nearly 40 years old.

Plowman and J.R. like this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Nick is right
    I think he is spot on

Rocket River