1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Summer Olympics

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Rockets34Legend, Jul 26, 2016.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

deathwalk! I'm looking forward to it as well

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

That's just not true. I coach soccer and almost every player on my team runs in a different style. Some styles are fast, slow, quick, clumsy, others help you change direction, start and stop, etc... Many different ways to run. Run flat footed, on your toes, short strides, long strides, head up/down, arms up/down, etc... Also, there are countless ways to ways to swim, some more effective than others just like the running styles I listed. Surely you have doggie paddled? Why stop at 4? Who says so? Why not 5 or 6 or 3 ways to swim. It's arbitrary and stupid that's why. I say if you allow 4 than I better see 100m doggie paddling so I can qualify. And freestyle doesn't count (doggie paddle would be legal) because doggie paddling is too slow to compete so I need a separate category. I also want a full dolphin kick swim, not just to start but a full race dolphin kick style. Why not a floating contest, I could float for hours.

I love the Olympics, I just wish there was less swimming so these swimmers don't break all of the records and bury some of the truly great athletes in track and field.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I want USA Basketball to win, but it is so much more interesting when they struggle.

24-22 in the 2md qtr

Watching Draymod Green play basketball on the National team is painful. Some fans here thinking Green is better than Harden makes me LOL.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Ma Long had me going by letting some peon Korean win the first two games. Came back in dominant from to win the match.

[​IMG]

time to watch li xiaoxia humiliate a hong kong girl now.

5. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

If Draymond has been bad, Klay has been awful. Neither one should make the primary rotation.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Probably because Team USA dominates the Olympics as always. They must be getting tired of it. ;)

7. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Lilly King just came out and killed it. So glad we have different forms in swimming. Wouldn't have had this drama and excitement without it ;)

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Lilly King shows zero chill.

Talking that hot s#!t and then backs it up.

9. plates300

plates300 Member

that look on the Russian swimmer...lol.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm pretty sure Lilly King intimidated the Russian swimmer while they were still in the ready room. She purposely started pacing and staring her down before the damn race!

******* maneuver complete!

It's only awesome when you back it up and win. King is probably more relived she won after her verbal swimnastics.

11. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Now Le Clos is playing mind games with Phelps. Some awesome television going on right now

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

He was even looking at Phelps underwater. He looked at Phelps at least 5 times during the race.

13. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

[​IMG]

Phelps face gonna be the new meme. Can't wait for the final tomorrow.

Also watched the medal ceremony... is it me or is that Russian doper Yulia actually kinda good looking?

14. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Men's Gymnastics...

When they cut off the finals at the end of prime time after the US has only finished two events, both subpar, you know it's not looking good for their medal chances. It's like a complete redux of London. Perform well in qualifying only to choke in the finals and finish 5th. Sucks that the men don't have as strong of a contingent as the women.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

NSFW

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lilly King beats Russian doper: <a href="https://t.co/DSXajjSabM">pic.twitter.com/DSXajjSabM</a></p>&mdash; Deadspin (@Deadspin) <a href="https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/762834403022163970">August 9, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Steele Johnson, though.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep. If Team USA had done well there is no way NBC would've ever cut it in primetime. They would've moved US Beach volleyball beating the crap out of the Chinese team to late night in a qualifying round game for the medal round of Men's gymnastics.

Even so this is one part that annoys me of the jingoim of NBC. Yes it's an American network but at the same time there are some awesome things the other teams are doing in one of the premiere sports. Rather than just showing the US choke show some of the incredible performances from the other competitors.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Other Asian countries are not that bad at Table Tennis either.

19. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Awesome! ^%$^# Yeah!

20. PhiSlammaJamma

When you talk about totally reinventing yourself, look to the hickey, which has made the most remarkable comeback in the history of histories. That thing won't die.

And I am going to laugh my ass off when the Chocolate Milk industry reveals the whole recovery thing was a master scam for the industry.