1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

2016 Random Astros Trade Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by The Beard, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Damn. Idk who else we get.

Keuchel rounding into form, McCullers getting better, Fister might fall back down to Earth soon, 4-5 guys are avg.

We need another ace.

I'm not worried so much about our offense if Bregman comes up soon and Gomez rounds into form with Val killing it.

2. awc713

awc713 Member

the SP market is so high right now. Scared to think about what BOS gave up. Espinoza is (per Drellich) in the deal, who was Baseball America's #15th ranked prospect

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

...prefers East Coast Mexican food.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]http://tinyurl.com/zo7634l

The Astros are indeed in the mix for talented Cuban Yulieski Gurriel … Along with veteran starter Scott Feldman being available, rival teams say relievers Pat Neshek and Josh Fields are available, too. And as has been noted here previously, Carlos Gomez might go in trade, too[/rQUOTEr]

1 person likes this.
  5. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Interesting.

6. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

It's there a chance for Feldman to start or Neshek and Fields to get more high-leverage innings, then more power to them. They're all future FA's burning 40-man spots. Fields in particular wouldn't be a big loss (or return much).

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://tinyurl.com/jknb8oa

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2016-trade-value-1-to-10/

Final of Fangraphs Trade Value Series. Seems the Baseball Industry has a strong man crush on Correa who comes in second. Excerpt below.

__

I will admit that I came into this exercise not expecting Correa to rank ahead of Bryant or Seager, and thought he’d be in a fight with Lindor instead, with potential versus performance being weighed to split that particular hair. But in compiling the list, I specifically sent the “Correa or Seager?” question to a bunch of friends in the game, and the responses overwhelmingly came back in favor of Correa, to the point where I had a hard time finding anyone willing to take Seager’s side in that debate. And, interestingly, the forecasts back up the industry on this one, as ZIPS projects Correa to post the highest WAR of any player on the list during the remainder of his team-control years with his current organization, and his projected +48 WAR over the next five years is just +0.3 WAR away from the lead even factoring out controllable years.

In fact, ZIPS thinks that, by 2019, Correa will be the best player in baseball, full stop. While his 2016 performance hasn’t been quite at the level of some of the other guys in this inner circle, we also have to remember that he’s the youngest of the group, still just 21 years of age. He’s six months younger than Alex Bregman, who made this list by tearing up minor-league pitching, and hasn’t yet debuted in the big leagues. Correa hasn’t had the big breakout year so far in 2016, but seemingly everyone in baseball still believes it’s coming. So, on this one, I’m deferring to the people who actually work in the offices where these decisions are made. Seager and Bryant are amazing, but if given their pick of the recent young guys to hit the big leagues, it seems like Correa is the one that most people would want going forward.

1 person likes this.
  9. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

wow I forgot how young Carlos is and that he's younger than Bregman. It's a good time to be an Astros fan!

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

My fantasy league has decided to become a keeper league for the first time. I have Correa, Altuve, and Bregman. I can only keep 1. If Bregman lives up to the hype, I do not know what I'm going to do.

11. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Yeah, I was getting antsy earlier this year when it looked like Correa's sophomore season might - by our own lofty expectations - rate as a disappointment. Continually chanting, "He's only 21... He's only 21..." helped soothe any concerns.

Something else too - Mike Trout, a guy who is the clear best player in baseball and maybe... a year, possibly two away from cementing his place in the history of the sport...... is 24.

That, I think, burdens Correa a bit. There's a guy in his own division who's playing baseball at a totally different level than everyone else. That's a fairly ridiculous bar and we need to be careful when we evaluate Correa. He could be everything we all ever wanted and *still* not be as good as Trout.

12. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Not sure what kind of trade value White has, but while I still think he can be a good major league hitter, it's certainly less likely we have a place for him on the major league team again anytime soon. I have to think today's signing makes White much more of a trade chip

And while Springer is the only OF on the mlb roster right now looked at as a long time starter...if Bregman is about to move to LF, both Tuckers could certainly be moved easier, and K Tucker could be a major trade chip

I think today's signing makes it more likely we make a move for a guy like Archer/Gray

13. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Ideally on being a buyer Paulino, Kemp, Moran, White, P Tucker, Singleton, Cameron, Fisher would be what I'd use as bait

Reed, K Tucker, B Rodgers, Martes, Heinenman, Musgrove, etc could be talked about for an elite talent like Sale or Trout if they are on the table.

I'd like to see the Astros get something for Gomez, Neshek, Sipp, Feldman

14. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

16. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

I doubt TB would get a better offer than Fiers, Martes, Paulino, and K Tucker.

17. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I would send them Tucker, Reed, and Martes and not even blink.

18. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Astros?src=hash">#Astros</a> will not trade Bregman, sources say. But they have other pieces, perhaps even Reed, and they are in the market for another SP.</p>&mdash; Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/754362274954014720">July 16, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Any 3 of Reed, Martes, K Tucker, Musgrove, and Paulino should be enough to comprise 90% of the package required for pretty much any player that is on the trade market, including Archer, Sale, Gray, whoever.

20. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Luhnow and Elias built a freaking powerhouse. To have this talented of a MLB roster while still boasting a top 5 system is incredible.