1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 30, 2016.

?

Golden State vs. Cleveland

Poll closed Jun 2, 2016.
  1. Warriors in 4

4.1%
  2. Warriors in 5

12.6%
  3. Warriors in 6

30.6%
  4. Warriors in 7

9.5%
  5. Cavs in 7

14.0%
  6. Cavs in 6

25.7%
  7. Cavs in 5

0.5%
  8. Cavs in 4

3.2%
  1. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

The only way I see the Warriors losing this is if they go into a huge offensive slump, i.e. missing wide-open shots that they generally hit with their eyes closed, all series long. If not, their offense is better than even the new, souped-up Cavs' offense and their defense is faaar better.

Especially if Curry is finally back near peak level, as he was tonight. Curry being 75% normal, lacking his usual explosion, is what made the Warriors unusually vulnerable.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I hope Cleveland wins but it would take a hot streak of epic proportions the NBA has never seen before to beat GSW. Fortunately, outside of GSW, Cleveland is that very team with their roster of streaky 3 point shooters.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Kyrie and Love are awful on defense and Kyrie running around guarding Steph will tire him. On the plus side, that Cavs team is the best and deepest team Lebron has ever had

4. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

You need an army of lengthy, big, athletic guys to disrupt the Warriors. I think that's pretty obvious now...

Just don't see anyone on the Cavs doing what the Thunder did.

Warriors have the superior perimeter defenders.

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

and i should point out that i think love and irving might have meant more last year. golden state wasn't a champion yet. and curry wasn't shooting video game shots with confidence like this year. the warriors maybe could have been had even with the cavs playing less defense. cleveland was equally as good as gsw in the 2nd half of the season and played well on both ends.

but this year we just saw an all-out assault from a super athletic thunder team and the warriors beat them. i just don't see cleveland getting stops against this year's much better and more confident warriors team. cleveland will need to shoot like they shot in the atlanta series to have even a small chance because their role players are more traditional 3&D guys and not dribble/pass/shoot offensive players like all of gsw's main role players are so gsw's defense might be able to play lebron and irving straight up and force the role players to make real plays to score.

now the thunder would have actually been a pretty good matchup for the cavs as their more traditional offensive-style wouldn't overwhelm cleveland's defense.

6. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

I think people underrate how well the Thunder defended this playoffs. Yeah, rebounding was a big deal against the Spurs, but they don't beat the Spurs and push the Warriors to the brink without pushing their so-so regular season defense to close to elite in these past two rounds.

Cleveland doesn't have the athletes and talent to defend like that. Their five-out lineup, which has blitzed Atlanta and Toronto, is awful defensively.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Love is going to **** his pants against green
    I have no faith in him
    Curry is probably going to own Irving but Irving is going to get his.
    LeBron is really going to have to go at the GS interior hard.

JR Smith needs to only focus on sticking Klay Thompson
    I think T.Thompson for the Cavs should do the same on Green

Rocket River

Rocket River

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

7 game series vs a healthy Cavs team

9. Rocket_Man_2.0

Please Lebron..you're are only hope! Beat the evil Warriors!:mad:

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Rocket River, all you need is Love.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EKiqthx0GKw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

peleincubus

peleincubus

11. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Curry seems to be getting healthy again, but Portland gave them a struggle, and OKC had game 6 which would have closed GSW out. Is Cleveland playing better than OKC? I think they might have the capability to do so...1 more high level player. I can see Irving giving them a matchup problem, and of course LBJ...but same the other way. Cavs don't have the athletes/defenders OKC did. LBJ took GSW to 6 games almost by himself last year, though, and I think he might be more focused on this one than any of the others.

So, I picked Cavs in 6. which probably means GSW wins. :)

12. jlwee

jlwee Member

People forgot how warriors humiliated the 'healthy' cavs in the 2 regular season games.

AI will shut down lebron like last year
    Klay will haunt kyrie
    Green will make love cries
    And on the other hand
    Lebron can only guard either Klay or curry
    Love will make green looks like super star and
    Whoever kyrie guard will score more than 30 ppg

The cavs only chance is for lebron to dominant n not passive to defer to his teammates.

13. i3artow i3aller

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

hope you are wrong, bud

15. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I voted warriors in 6, but wouldn't be shocked if warriors took it in 5. Pretty much agree with everything Francis 4 prez said.

In fact i was much more optimistic of the Thunders beating the Warriors, (I thought that series would go 7 and wouldn't have been shocked if OKC). OKC's defense was pretty phenomenal most of the series and if it wasn't for Klay In game 6 and Steph in games 2, 6 & 7 hitting some impossible shots, the warriors would have been dead.

Ibaka, Durant, Robertson & Adams completely intimidated and hindered the Warriors/Currys shots in the paint, which is A HUGE part of their league leading offense. I doubt Love, Thompson, JR Smith, Frye and RJefforson will be the same detterent.

16. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

Warriors in 6. OKC was a tough matchup for GSW because of their athleticism at every position which allowed them to defend both the paint and perimeter (bigs could pull out to defend 3s and good shot blockers at the rim). Offensively, GSW didn't really have answers for KD or Westbrook. But looking at the Cavs, I don't think they can exert the same level of pressure at the perimeter defense and try to play a high tempo offense game with the warriors is probably a dead end. I do see them pull out one or two games at home but the Warriors already cleared their biggest hurdle to the championship

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

RIP NBE, Steven Curry is the worst player in the world and will miss all shots, but stupid refs will call them made baskets and give the title to the phony Warriurs. Fack teh NBE and Steven Curry, I'm so mad. This guy should've never received a single mvp-vote and is just being carried by 500 illegal screens and the refs.

18. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Kyrie vs Steph will be a treat to watch :)

19. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

It would be pretty remarkable for the CAVs to defeat the Warrriors. It gives Lebron a chance write history. winning this one he would a lock for the top 3 players of all time.

20. underrated015

underrated015 Member

If Lebron can win this one, It would mean more than any of the other championships. Saying that, I doubt it. OKC gave the warriors more problems with their length.