1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 30, 2016.

?

Golden State vs. Cleveland

Poll closed Jun 2, 2016.
  1. Warriors in 4

4.1%
  2. Warriors in 5

12.6%
  3. Warriors in 6

30.6%
  4. Warriors in 7

9.5%
  5. Cavs in 7

14.0%
  6. Cavs in 6

25.7%
  7. Cavs in 5

0.5%
  8. Cavs in 4

3.2%
  1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Exactly. Delladova can really give Curry a hard time. I know he's 'Rugby tough' and can handle getting clothes lined by Green in the process.

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

Ow yeah, Ron Artest going crazy and Curry throwing a mouthpiece is the same thing...come on now, stop acting like it's black and white and 99% of the time when a guy has a 5th foul, the 6th is usually a serious one. This was Curry just swiping at the ball and getting close to Lebron, they could've let that go.

3. ibm

ibm Member

b4 last night, i'd always liked kerr. but his comment last night, saying curry totally should be upset and do things he did, changed my view completely. a 180.

no wonder gsw seems to be a team full of sense of entitlement, something that has gone so deep and so wrong within and outside sports for this nation...

4. ibm

ibm Member

murdering 2 people vs one...

and if they let go of that 6th foul, i'd be totally fine with it. but if they do whistle it like they did last night, there's nothing wrong about it, either. no?

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Not to **** suck Lebron anymore than needs to be... But nobody talks about Lebron's laser passes during the course of this series. He not only passes through traffic but at distances with such high velocity while running in full speed in transition. The best passer in NBA history.

6. ibm

ibm Member

better than magic and nash?

7. Sajan

Sajan Member

22% in the poll still have a chance of being right. warriors or cavs in 7.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This is game is going to get some crazy ratings.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He tossing some major bullet passes at angles and cross court through dense traffic that Nash and Magic can only dream of in a Finals Series. The Cavs are as fast a team in transition as any in the league could be at this point.

10. PeppermintCandy

11. ibm

ibm Member

i know it's very impressive. and lebron has been doing that for years. i just dont think this alone makes him the best passer in the history of the nba.

while i am writing this post, jason williams from the kings rings a bell in my mind... ;)

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

You tell 'em The Metta Panda's Ron World Friend Peace Artest!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/NBA">@NBA</a> is not rigged!!! Stop it. Refs are not doing the greatest job just like some of the players ! <a href="https://t.co/7CgQmCFgkC">pic.twitter.com/7CgQmCFgkC</a></p>&mdash; Metta World Peace (@QBronald) <a href="https://twitter.com/QBronald/status/743841530666835968">June 17, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. That statement from Kerr last night was bull****. I mean how many times did he need to say "MVP". Lost a lot of respect for him.

14. PhiSlammaJamma

Interesting is that Curry got 30, and it felt like, looked like, and in fact a truth that he did get punk'd last night. That does not bold well for Golden State. They were just completely overpowered last night by aggression and physicality, and pure basketball genius. I don't see an adjustment that will work for that. I don't see how they can shoot lights out either, as Cleveland is taking away those step back 3's and screen 3's, and GS gets frustrated taking 2's.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I am told Game 7 officials are D. Crawford, M. McCutchen and M. Callahan. You don't need to wait till Sunday to find out.</p>&mdash; Tim Donaghy (@TimDonaghy2) <a href="https://twitter.com/TimDonaghy2/status/743848577483575296">June 17, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I cannot wait for the Game 7! Hopefully it is an epic game!

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I hear you at face value, but I think it goes like this in Kerr's head.

1. I have to stick by my best player and fall on a PR grenade for him, have his back, etc.

2. More than speaking to the audience of fans, I actually have to speak to Steph himself, try to get in his head and reassure him that he IS in fact a 2-time MVP of the league.

I honestly think that whole thing from Kerr was for Curry and a little for the refs of game 7. But mainly, he is seeing Curry's confidence shaken by Lerbon's dominance. It's really tough to get shown up on that stage, and Kerr is not sure how Curry's going to handle it. We know how Jordan or Olajuwon would handle it, but Curry might not be as resilient. We shall see.

I predict he'll respond in game 7 and be hitting all kinds of crazy shots, but we'll see.

18. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Look at the second reply to this tweet before its deleted lmao!!

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Pffffff .... superlatives much? Ridiculous statement

Pistol Pete says "Hi" buddy

20. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I think it is arguable, but the thing you have to worry about with LeBron is his size and scoring ability. I'm not saying Magic and Nash couldn't score, but 25+ points is on a maximum effort. LeBron can get to 25, sometimes very easily.

Still, based on pure passing ability, he's at least amongst the best ever.