1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Free Agency Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Rondo, Dudley, Boban and then max out Harrison Barnes. Not that I think it is a great idea but we have to take a shot at adding some sort of talent.

Boban/Capela
    Dudley/Beasley
    Barnes/Ariza
    Harden/Brewer
    Rondo/Bev

2. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

The warriors tried to make him the go to guy couple years ago on the 2nd unit but he just didn't have it and wasn't too good. This is why they start Barnes and play Iggy off the bench.

Granted it was a couple years ago so he could have improved since then.

3. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sign Lin and Ish Smith. Trade Brewer or Ariza along with Beverly and any needed picks for Greg Monroe. There would still be plenty of cap space left over to fill out the roster, including one more significant signing like a Marvin Williams.

It's not a perfect team, but it should be improved. And I think it would be highly unlikely that Monroe would pick up his option next year and it would give morey the flexibility that he loves in order to make another run at Durant next year if he becomes available again. If not, he can go after another max free agent.

Even if the players aren't 100% correct, I think this is more along the lines of what we will end up settling for this offseason.

4. chandlerbang21

Worst defensive and rebounding team in west. Dudley is not a pf so stop putting him there, barnes isnt worth 19 mill a season, rondo STILL can barely shoot and boban is the slowest big in the league.

5. basketballholic

Dudley is most definitely a 4 in MDA's system.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

And he would be mediocre there too. There are much better options to pursue this early in FA.

7. basketballholic

Mediocre as Battier. He'd be a goid floor stretcher.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

I like Dudey and Etwaun Moore as undervalued guys that would add floor spacing to this roster.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

No he's not.

He's not all of a sudden capable of playing the 4. He has some Chuck Hayes like ability to play bigger than his size... But he's a poor rebounder, and just not tall enough the defend adequately.

Guys like Draymond, Marion... We're great rebounders at the 4 spot considering their size disadvantages. They had he athleticism to challenge shots in the paint occasionally

To the extent Dudley could do that he's now 30 and isn't getting better in those departments.

He still might be a solid signing as a BACKUP swing player (2-4 positions) but not as a starting four. That makes me want to vomit.

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I'm getting a strong feeling Conley ends up here in Houston. Would Conley and Harden be enough to entice Durant in your opinion?

11. malakas

malakas Member

according to WOJ Delly and Lin will get 13-14 million a year.
    Solo Hill is reported to be asking 9-13 million a year.
    Marvin Williams according to Woj will get 14-15 million a year.

Dudley? Don't expect him to go for less than 9 at this point. BTW he's been playing the small ball pf for a while.

12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I would offer the max to Conley and Horford obviously. Actually love Conley for this offense but I think we would have heard something about him being interested in Houston by now if we had a real shot.

Could Delledova be effective in the MDA offense?

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

As Carl Herrera might say, Dellevadova is the black Patrick Beverley. Meh...

And they have been *loosely* connected to Conley.

But as others have said, they haven't really been connected to anyone. Motiejunas. Durant. Gentile. Horford. Anderson. Seems the only Rockets mention you get is when they talk about "Where might Dwight Howard end up next?"

14. malakas

malakas Member

Delly will either remain in the Cavs or go to Milwaukee. He is a Schwartz client and going to get a fat big check at 7 july. It's up to debate if it's matched or not.

Why would Houston lose their time going after a RFA like that.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Personally, I think this is where we hit rock bottom. We don't get much love from the top tier and then we don't end up overpaying because of our principals either.

Sucky thing ends up being that we have enough talent to get the 13th pick next year. I don't see any positive scenarios unfolding over the next month.

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

Id do 3 years $11 million per for duds

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Maybe we could trade Brewer for him

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

Need to sweeten the deal.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Would make instant history as the most unexciting trade in league history.