1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Free Agency Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No need to. He comes as a part of the D'Antoni package. Jeremy is gonna get introduced with Mike at the press conference tomorrow.

2. StrawberryJamm

Batum, Noah, Gordon would be solid.

3. Since75

Since75 Member

Swap Noah for Marvin Williams. Great idea otherwise and doable money wide.

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Just land Mike Conley, Jarded Dudley and Batum and I'll be very very happy! Pipe dream though

5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Im hearing Bazemore, and Jermey Lin thrived with Mike system scoring huge marks in there stop with Mike in career and could be all up for 12 mil contracts, along with Ryan Anderson at the Power Foward. See the running up and down and passing out to Anderson for the open 3's. Good team if got a bench around it, maybe rudy gay off the bench as 6th man?

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

No. Once below the cap you can't use the MLE. We don't need the MLE for DMo, we can exceed the salary cap to sign him if needed since we own his bird rights.

7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Probably a realistic scenario.. I just want them to compete and not quit. They lived by the three and died by it.

8. dream2franchise

I've considered Gordon as well. He shoots at a high clip, but there is concern for his expected salary and injury.

This team NEEDS a Klay/Redick type to run around screens looking for buckets. Gordon could be that guy, though Klay is a great defender and Redick is solid. Not sure about Gordon in that sense.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Would you expect to move Harden to the 3 spot or play Gordon at the 1 for extended minutes?

I don't think Gordon can guard PG's, and moving Harden to the 3 means he would have to guard bigger and stronger guys more often.

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Evan Fournier is the best fit next to Harden in the backcourt.

11. basketballholic

We have looked into trading for Eric Gordon before. There is interest. The price and timing would have to be right.

Don't sleep on Brady Heslip.

12. dream2franchise

Fair point.

I suppose I'm already in the D'Antoni 'offense only' mindset. Probably not Gordon then, but someone in that mold who can also defend PG's.

Who is out there? Above average PG size, who can shoot lights out off constant motion and defend quick PGs? I like the idea of a big backcourt.

13. dream2franchise

You know what, FK it. KJ just needs to lock himself in a gym and shoot 1000 three's a day from all angles of the floor.

14. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

First phase: Trade Beverley, Ariza, Capela for Jeff Teague. Beverley and Ariza likely aren't good fits for D'Antoni's offense. Moving them plus Capela, as a young prospect, should be enough to convince the Hawks, who are probably looking to move Teague anyway. We get an ideal point guard for D'Antoni's offense who can push the ball up fast, make plays, and shoot the three.

Second phase: Sign Horford. Perhaps with Teague, he will look to sign here to play with his former Hawk teammate. He fits in D'Antoni's system as a big who can stretch to the 3 point line and can pass.

Third phase: Pursue Kevin Durant. With Harden, Teague, Horford, and Beasley (two of which are good friends with Kevin), this would put us in best position to attract him here. If not, I think Batum and Fournier would be the next best options, though Fournier would probably be more realistic.

Fourth phase: Fill in rest of roster. Ideally, I would sign Ish Smith, who played his best last year under D'Antoni's influence, so he could follow him here. And sign Jared Dudley, who would fit well in D'Antoni system.

Horford - Smith
    Motiejunas - Beasley - Harrel/Jones
    Durant/Fournier - Brewer - Dekker
    Harden - Dudley - McDaniels
    Teague - Ish - Goudelock

15. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Noah, Fournier, Teletovic, Dudley would be my ideal offseason (assuming we strike out on the "big fish"). Then try and find a 1 that can handle and shoot.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Only 23, 6'7, lights out high volume 3 point shooter who can also finish on a drive to the basket, rebounds a little, passes a little. He plays/reminds me a little of Thompson.

Just wish he wasn't a mediocre defender, but hey outside of Durant, what better options are there for building our wings?

Parsons, Beal and Gordon all have injury issues that would keep me away. That leaves Batum, Barnes and Fournier. Batum looks like he's re-signing with the Hornets as soon a he can.

Barnes vs Fournier who would ya'll rather have? Fournier is the better shooter and scorer(higher upside IMO), Barnes has more size and is actually a plus defender. Both are young, both will get a lot of money.

17. dream2franchise

Fournier is so intriguing. I don't watch enough of him admittedly, but a quick check of his Defensive rating (was reluctant to Google his name) has him 4th worst in the league for guards who have played over 70 games and average more than 30 minutes per game.

Anyone seen him play consistently that can shed light on his defense? Is it bad because of effort (Harden) or bad in spite of effort (Lillard).

I like what Barnes brings with his size and defense, but he really has disappeared entirely at times for GS this post season. Doesn't exactly solve our back court issues either (I feel like Bev sould be coming off the bench).

Both are upgrades over what we currently have and it seems our options are limited.

(Vivek voice) Fournier?

18. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Aaron Brooks or Gary Neal

19. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

Anyone knows the status of Aaron Aaflolo I think he's a free agent solid on defense and good shooter think his game fits nicely in DAntoni system

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah i know that, i mean (probably i didn't explain my point well):

- we free enough cap space for two max contracts

- we wait to match a D.Mo offer sheet

- we sign two max players

- after we signded them we match the eventual offer sheet for D.Mo and go over the cap

Doesn't this situation give us a MLE to work with since we'll be over the cap after matching D.Mo offer sheet?