1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

2016 Free Agency Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Apr 28, 2016.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Conley
    Harden
    Butler
    Griffin
    Horford

Championship confirmed

2. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Get conley, anderson, hortford
    Conley
    Harden
    Ariza
    Anderson
    Hortford

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Interesting on the sign and trades. If I had my choice it would be Butler. Yes you'd have to get creative on defense with Harden and Butler on the court together, but it would be a good problem to have.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, I'm glad my Codman guessing skills are on point ("the Birds, both kinds"; Hawks - Horford, Pelicans - Anderson).

But trading for any of those other dudes? With the exception of Carmelo (the Knicks might simply want cap space and some decent picks or young players), Morey would have to get real, real, real, real creative or trade Harden.

5. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Blake Griffin would be a great fit next to harden.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't see the incentive for the Clippers or Bulls to trade their star player for anybody we could sign this off season outside of Durant (which isn't happening for multiple reasons). Neither do I see it with the Knicks who already will have enough cap space to sign a max contract, if they trade Melo it should be for a nice young piece or pick to pair with KP, if they keep Melo they should just use their money to sign win now players this off season for a playoff run next season.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Al Horford? Yes please! ;-)

#CanKicking

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is pretty volatile, but I agree with you. The Rockets don't have the assets to acquire him.

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Do we really have the assets to put together a competitive offer for one of these players?

A Dwight S&T is the only thing that comes to mind and that makes zero sense for the Clippers.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yeah; Morey would have to get really creative; like a unmarked Swiss bank account for the GM on the other end of a trade; because we don't have the assets to get that kind of return in any trade...save for Harden

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Or just trade away basically every asset...like:

One/two 1st rounder/s, Capela, Harrell, KJ, Dekker is still a very good package IF your trade partner is going to rebuild.

The problem here is that there are at least 3/4 teams with better picks and young players than us...Celtics, Sixers, Lakers...Suns maybe...

We just cannot be a front runner in trade talks -> unless we're talking about an expiring player (which can ask to be traded where he wants) so:

- Melo has a no trade clause (but personally i don't want him)
    - Butler has too many years of contract so no power in negotiations
    - Blake has a player option but next year...

The two players i'll want here (Butler and Blake) are not expirings or they cannot have a say in negotiations so, no chance for us imo...

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

The Bulls are an interesting scenario imo, if Pau and Noah are leaving (like i think) they will have a bad roster, Butler, Rose (and those two don't like each other) and few decent role players like Mirotic, Dunleavy, Gibson, that's it...nobody is going to play with Rose, so no top free agents there (imo at least). I really think there's a good chance they'll trade Butler.

13. basketballholic

Maybe we can trade them Capela for McBuckets and have Battier/Hayes help McBuckets with his D.

14. maw7079

maw7079 Member

Hey Guys!!! Besides James Harden... Who can we trade to get Steph Curry? I say Corey Brewer plus fillers...

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'd like to acquire McBuckets, but i'm not trading Capela for him...what about KJ though (and somthing else next to him)? If they trade Jimmy they may have an interest in McDaniels...maybe...

Anyway who knows if they're ok in trading one between McD and Miro, not sure they want to keep them both since they're not different enough imo, same strengths, same weaknesses...

16. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

If there was any way to obtain Griffin, The Rockets could boast that with Harden...we would finally have our 1-2 "punch" :grin: get it? get it?

17. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Yes to Griffin pls.

18. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Why the flip would Griffin become available, they are not trading him for our scraps.

19. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Sign and trade for Howard.

20. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Why would they have Jordan and Howard on the roster?