1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 20, 2015.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Out of these 4choices here, i would easily pick Cardale Jones. Hes got it all. The size, the arm and most importantly, great mobilty for his size. He has been the most impressive with the little bit of time he got.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL....Yikes.

He's been so impressive that he's been benched.

3. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

LOLOL

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If you said this just off last year's National Title run, I'd agree, but Cardale has looked pretty terrible in the first 3 games of this season. I bet he improves as the season goes along, but he's not above Connor Cook or Jared Goff at the moment. Both his execution and level of competition needs to improve.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

How long before this becomes a "Battle for the 1st pick" thread?

6. Mattician

Mattician Member

Going to be really upset if the Texans don't pick a quarterback in the first round. There's supposed to be a few rated as first round talent.

This team isn't going to win without a quarterback.

Watt is in his prime and the Texans can't win if they can't score.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It'll start if the Texans lose to the Bucs. That kind of loss can completely derail a season.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

Trade down for 3 first round picks!

9. showa13

showa13 Member

1. Goff
    2. Cook
    3. Hackenburg
    4. Jones

That's their rankings as of right now IMO. Goff and Cook have looked considerably better than Jones and Hackenburg. I'll give Hackenburg a tiny amount of slack cause he has no line in front of him, but he along with Cardale have looks pretty terrible so far. Goff has a lot of potential and will prob be the first QB off the board. Cook looks very average to me, like a Matt Ryan type QB which is not a bad thing, just he doesn't scream 'elite QB' to me.

Speaking of no o-line, at least 2 early picks should be used on the offensive front.

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I think that's a dumb position to take without knowing 1) how those QB prospects play during the season, 2) whether they come out or not, and 3) where the Texans will be picking.

You could've made the same statement going into last season (at this point last year, people still thought Petty and Hundley were first rounders), but the only 2 QBs worth taking in the first were Mariota and Winston and they went #1 and #2. Taking somebody like Garrett Grayson, Bryce Petty, or Sean Mannion in the 1st would've been idiotic.

Right now, the only QBs who look worthy of a 1st round pick are Goff and Cook. Jones hasn't been impressive and just got benched and may not even come out if that keeps up. And it's really hard to judge Hackenberg. He hasn't done anything in his college career but his team has been crap. I'd feel uneasy about that guy until he proves something on the field.

#70 Cannonball, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Re: jones -

He's actually a redshirt Junior.. I thought he was a senior. I doubt he ends up in this draft class at all.

There's no guarantee Goff comes out either, even as a concensus top 3 pick. See Marcus Mariota.

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

We'll probably end up with the number one pick, Goff won't come out and Cook and Hackenberg will fall off the face of the earth.

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Or, BoB won't like any of the QBs. And then the Texans sign Brandon Weeden or Chad Henne as free agents in 2016.

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I just threw up......

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Elliott or fournette?

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Would another d-lineman or linebacker be crazy for us to pick up first round.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The Texans dont need to spend a 1st rounder on a QB. As a matter of fact, they should use their first 3 picks on the O-line. Then pick a QB like Jones in the fourth.
    As terrible as you all claim he is, he will still better than any qb on the team.

18. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

If Jones draft stock drops all the way to where he's a 4th rounder, he's not going to declare.

19. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

But if you have the opportunity to get a guy like Goff or Cook, it would be insane to pass that up to get another QB later in the draft. That would really make no sense at all…you have an opportunity for a franchise QB, absolutely no excuse for letting that slip away. Cook and Goff both have huge potential at the next level.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Elliot. But if history means anything, the Texans will probably take Fournette's backup.

Is Fournette even eligible?