1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Democratic National Convention

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Jul 20, 2016.

1. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    The DNC is pure chaos right now -- this is unbelievable.

Will JOE BIDEN step in to create a TRIPLE THREAT MATCH with Hillaroid and Bernie? Or will MARTIN O'MALLEY enter the fray to create a FATAL FOUR WAY MATCH?

Jon Leibowitz is dying to know!

[​IMG]

2. TheresTheDagger

Lets be honest. We're all rationalizing.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

No, seriously dude... first you were for Bernie's single payer, free college tuition, and higher taxes for the rich and now you're for Gary Johnson's no insurance whatsoever, school vouchers, and massive tax cuts. Talk about a joke.

Space Ghost: politically schizophrenic since forever.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Agreed..... but at least be honest about it.

5. Nook

Nook Member

He was never going to vote for Bernie, no one buys that... it would be like Glynch claiming that Trump has a lot of good ideas... it isn't honest.

Having said that, Trump has a better chance of winning than a lot of people believe. Let us hope if he does win that he doesn't open camps or break up the separation of powers.... if he doesn't go authoritarian; he will only be in office four years before destroying the Republican party.... long term it may work out better that people get to see what happens under a populist fascist.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol what? Really not sure how you come to that conclusion but whatever.

It really doesn't matter. It is Clinton vs Trump, unlike so many others I don't waste time thinking of a hypothetical situation.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Of course. The stupid rhetoric just tells me the issues and policy positions don't matter at all.

Trump has a chance to win because people don't vote their own interests. They vote angry or they vote on popularity or for other dumb reasons. Fortunately, the best argument against Trump is just letting Trump talk. He says so many stupid things and insults so many different important voting blocks that you just let him ramble.

I actually have a friend on my Facebook feed who rails against Obama on a daily basis. At one point she was trashing Obamacare in one sentence and then saying she may have to move to England, a socialized medicine country, in the next sentence. People are just so ignorant.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Would he? I'm not so sure.

The arguments for the crazy things Trump says are "That's just rhetoric." and "Doesn't really mean it." well Cruz is a career politician, I'm much more likely to believe that he's just playing to his base and will be more moderate as a president than he lets on.

But, I'd never vote for Cruz any ways because I'd vote for Sanders/Clinton over him any ways. I can't think of a situation where I would unless Trump was the DNC candidate...

Trump is a wildcard that promotes xenophobia, is ready to break treaties, and is in general a complete clown. Cruz as bad as he is isn't that.

That's just my opinion on it though. Not that it matters any ways. I think many of the Bernie supporters will get over it when it comes time to actually vote.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Much will be forgotten by November, but the boos from the berniecrats are hilarious and terrible for Hillary

So much is riding on Bernie's speech tonight.

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Again, you are wrong. I voted for Bernie in the primaries. Out of 10 candidates I could have voted for, I voted for Bernie. I did not agree with him is many issues, however he is a principled man. Unlike nearly every other candidate. I trust a man who sticks with his principles over a snake who has none. Besides, even liberals acknowledge that Bernie is not a true Democrat (whatever that means).

Does it really bother you this much that not everyone is a straight ticket voter? (And yes, I will vote Republican for all other seats in my state).

I identify more anti-liberal first, independent second. You do not see me defending Republicans.

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

The Texas delegation has been told that they aren't allowed to boo and they must be "respectful." If they are deemed to be disrespectful, then their credentials can be removed.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This election is such a cluster****.

13. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Clinton camp putting that thumb down.

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

man you couldn't be anymore wrong. The RNC was cakewalk compared to the DNC debacle

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Iowa delegate @<a href="https://twitter.com/chris_laursen">chris_laursen</a>: “Bernie basically fed us a bunch of Mountain Dew and now he wants us to go to bed. It’s not going to happen.”</p>&mdash; Jason Noble (@jasonnobleDMR) <a href="https://twitter.com/jasonnobleDMR/status/757665317510230016" data-datetime="2016-07-25T19:54:23+00:00">July 25, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

"...as is the custom."

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Demi Lovato is now singing

18. Granville

Granville Member

The DNC was just commenting on this.

19. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

They put out a little kid to speak with her illegal, undocumented mom? WTF the DNC is such a ****show.

20. Granville

Granville Member

Next they're bringing in Scottie P to rally the party with a new slogan

[​IMG]

#120 Granville, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016