1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 All NBA Draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Spooner, May 9, 2016.

?

Salary cap?

1. no cap

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. 60mil

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. 65mil

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. 70mil

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  5. 75mil

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Spooner

Spooner Member

You are leaving out Ceasar.

2. Spooner

Spooner Member

I'm going to start the draft this afternoon when I get home. A few things-

Half of the voters voted no cap. Although I voted cap, I'm perfectly fine in this situation going no cap for a few reasons. With this many players we will not run into the problem of having super teams like we have in some smaller drafts, mandating a cap. Some players always seem to go over cap and screw up the draft with lopsided trades to get under. There are newcomers who seem to prefer no cap and might be a good intro for them and to guage all talent based on pure skill and need. With this many people there are sure to be surprises. I'm just going off what most people voted for in this poll and I think it is a nice idea especially considering the increase in contracts relative to the stagnant cap numbers I proposed. (We have no idea how that would play out considering the amount of people present. I don't really want people fighting over chase budinger etc.)

We have 17 right now. Should we cut 1 and make it 16? Perhaps if some one is skipped by the end of round 1 they are cut? Should we give one person a bye in playoffs or should we have on bracket with 3 teams instead of two.

With this many players should we retain the standard 3hr rule or should we lower it? Also we need to be a little more fair to our European and Austrailian friends.

I can set the draft order when I get in, but I'm not sure if it's sketch to have the commissioner randomize the order. If some trustworthy person wants to randomize the list, let me know.

The way I see it, no cap, 2hr limit with mercy for timezone just as no one in USA is expected to pick at 4am. Common sense. One person gets cut from first round if inactive for entire first round or else a bracket of 3. I'm open to suggestions as none of this is final. This will start today.

3. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I don't know, I guess maybe just give some byes in rounds 1 and 2. 17 is a bit weird number for these drafts, but better than cutting people IMO.

17 people in round 1: 5 duels, 7 byes
    12 people in round 2: 4 duels, 4 byes
    8 people in round 3: 4 duels

That works, or something similar.

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I'm fine with no cap and 2hr limit. I also feel like nobody should be safe for any timezone, Americans or Europeans. You should forward your picks.

The only really problem I see is the top half selections are going to be much more powerful than the bottom half simply because bona fide superstar (curry,lebron,etc)+whoever Will be clearly better than 2 borderline stars.

But idk if there is a fix available because double snake didn't work the one time we tried it.

5. oelman44

oelman44 Member

lets get this thing rolling, yadig?

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

As to randomizing, why would it be wrong for commish to randomize, he's the same as anyone else. Just do it. :)

7. Spooner

Spooner Member

I'm good with this if everyone else agrees. Would make draft go faster. There are enough people to have a buffer to know when you need to send picks etc.

8. Spooner

Spooner Member

List Randomizer

There were 17 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

11.thething
    10.Jontro
    3.Tizzle
    4.Donatas
    15.JMC
    2.Oelman
    5.da_juice
    6.Horry
    7.Ceasar
    12.fallenphoenix
    14.BigMaloe
    7.Jack Slaw
    1.Spooner
    16.LCA
    13.RedN
    9.Von Rafer
    8.FTW
    Timestamp: 2016-05-11 20:44:23 UTC, IP: 107.77.217.208

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I don't care either way, as long as Europe, America and Aussies / Asia get equal rights. Either timezone stop for everyone based on his location, or for no one.

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Eh, I wish Tizzle wasn't in front of me. I already know who's my guy, but I'm pretty sure he's Tizzle type player.

11. Spooner

Spooner Member

I'd rather for no one. There enough people on from each zone to send picks. This draft has the potential to take a month otherwise

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Ah, do we have a minimum games played rule?

13. Spooner

Spooner Member

I say no. Everyone eligible

14. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I'm pretty sure Ik who this guy is... thething otc

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

If you need to cut, you can cut me. I've never done this and i'm not sure how much commitment it takes to keep viewing and posting in here.

16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Nah, stick around. We don't need to cut and we really need fresh blood for these drafts. :)

It can be as time consuming as you like. Some of us don't post much, some of us make hundreds of posts per draft... (which is why some of us have 10 000+ of posts :eek:).

If you feel you won't be online for a while and you'll miss your pick, you can just ask who will be online. Then send that guy your list of picks.

Worst case scenario, you get skipped and pick later, that happens to all of us. Not a big deal, just better not to miss your picks in early rounds, because that can **** up your team.

17. Caesar

Caesar Member

Cool. Let's do it. All your undersized PF's are belong to me.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. Spooner

Spooner Member

Hate to say it but if Jontro gets on, he has the pick. The first round can be reworked.

19. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I'm ready to go!

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

Is there a scheduled time this draft happens? How long is the draft? How long do you wait for a poster to come and draft before you skip them?