1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-2017] Jeremy Lin as a Brooklyn Net

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2016.

1. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Nets vs. OKC:

Lin highlights:

Bummer that the Nets lost, but they kept it unexpectedly close for 3 1/2 quarters.
    Lin: 24pts (8-15), 5ast, 1st, 1bk, 3to, -3 in 26 minutes.

AB423 likes this.
  2. kanariya

kanariya Member

Morey has no credibility.

3. toycannon

toycannon Member

This is pretty accurate picture of Jeremy Lin as an NBA player. I would prefer to compare him to the likes of Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic who are good NBA players but not MVP level like Harden and Westbrook. Lin is not at the level of Lowry of Drag yet but have the skills on the right team to become similar to these two PGs.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lowry is much better than Lin.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

You don't care if the Nets lost. You really mean you only care if Lin plays and has enough stats for you to justify posting some material on fan boards that are not based on your true interests.

I notice that Lin Only Fans really don't like interacting with their fellow Lin Only Fans and prefer to troll other fan bases.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

hate to beat a dead dead dead horse, but should've kept Dragic and Lowry instead of signing Lin

f LOF's

7. yoeddy

Of course I care if the Nets lost. Team success is good for every player on the team, including Jeremy. Why wouldn't I care if the team lost?

What Lin forums do you visit to reach that conclusion?

8. yoeddy

Why does that matter? You've got Beverley...a much better role player next to Harden than any of those guys.

9. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

I concur

10. tinman

Supporting Member

then let's fight this evil together

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Lowry's trade was instrumental in getting Harden or are you saying you wanted to go forward with Lowry and Dragic instead of Harden?

12. yoeddy

Nets won again...

13. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

No one expected Lin to be the best player on a championship team. Ya right he will never be one of those aka Kobe or Jordan or LeBron or Curry. But your other opinions are lame. And it's not like James Harden is ... or will ever be one cuz the Rox are not there yet and imho they will never be one. Harden needs the ball as much as CP3 needs, see how CP3's best years ended? Harden was lucky that he met the Clippers 2 years ago.

#1753 Lorenzomax, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  14. yoeddy

Lin Nutmegs Melo for the assist attempt to RHJ

15. VanityHalfBlack

Once again, the Knicks are the laughing stock of the NBA. Losing to the worst team in the league twice???? LMAO!!!

tinman likes this.
  16. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

See that's where you lose me. "He could lead a playoff-caliber team." No he can't. He can't LEAD them into the playoffs, he could be an integral part, but he could never lead them into it. He's simply not good enough. He's too inconsistent with his shot. He doesn't make his teammates better. Those are qualities necessary to lead. Lin doesn't have it. Still a good player though.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

you forgot that he can't even start for a full season. his health is unreliable, he injured himself this year in rehab...IN REHAB.
    But you can always count on his legion of fans to troll team fan sites using Lin as an object to project their own insecurities.
    It's not because they like him for true basketball reasons.

toycannon likes this.
  18. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

My other opinions are lame? First of all, great refutation there. How about actually explaining what is lame about my point? Additionally, Harden can most definitely be the best player on a championship team. Any moron would be able to see that clearly. It's the reason why people actually want to vote him for MVP. Isn't that weird????????????????????

On the other hand, where has Jeremy Lin had success next to an all-star scorer? Couldn't do it here w/ James. Not in LA w/ Kobe. Not in Charlotte w/ Kemba. The only place Jeremy Lin has had some success is on a shitty BKN team that has nothing to lose by giving him the green light. He's not good enough. Plain and simple. I still like him, and I think he could be a great bench piece for a contender. That's his ceiling as an NBA player. Would you like to actually refute my post now, or are you just gonna blindly say some **** about Chris Paul?

19. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Bro I have no idea how you have the patience with some of these idiots. I feel suffocated among the stupidity of some of these LOF's.

20. toycannon

toycannon Member

Lin will get 12m for playing in 30 or so games this season. That's like 32.8m for a full season. Better than MVP level players like Curry, Harden and Westbrook!!! Linsanity Wins!!!!