1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-2017] Jeremy Lin as a Brooklyn Net

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2016.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Obviously they are going to win games. The point is that no matter what they do, they won't have any meaningful success in the regular season. If you took my statement as me stating that they won't win a single game in the regular season then you are either a moron or being purposely obtuse.

This is a stats driven league. Jeremy will win over a lot of fans and critics if he puts up stats. Good team play, being a good teammate. **** all that ****. I just want to watch Jeremy shoot 20+ shots a game, just like how I want to see Westbrook shoot 40+ shots a game. Linsanity was the massive spectacle it was not primarily because Jeremy Lin was a great teammate and lead his underdog team to a win streak (and was consequently a minority race in the NBA and in the nation as a whole) but because he was putting up MASSIVE superstar-esque numbers during it as well.

I could care less if he joined a team and put up a solid 14-7-5 in route to a win. Everyone wants Linsanity 2.0, not Linsubtlety.

2. bfpri

bfpri Member

fluke game...lets see him do this for 30 games...we all know he can do it inconsistently.

3. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Can any player put up triple-double numbers for 30 games, except Lebron? o_Oo_O

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Russell Westbrook, maybe, Harden maybe?

DD

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Lin can play and would take a load off Harden if he was still a Rocket. Just admit it already. He's better to have then even guys like Anderson. Hell he's better than any player on the Rockets not named James Harden. You haters know it and just be real about because it is the truth.

HoopDreams247 likes this.
  6. mikus

mikus Member

This is the Internet man, nobody wants to admit they were wrong, especially those "Lin is not an NBA player" folks.

7. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Agree on Westbrook. Harden would be close but Westbrook more realistic

8. mig0s

mig0s Member

In what life would Harden average 10 rebounds?

9. mig0s

mig0s Member

But the numbers are clear...

10. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

Not a good day for Tinman, long season ahead.

11. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

A little bit too early with that comment.

18/3 in 28min was DLeague performance. 21/9/9 is what will push Lin onto the Shanghai Sharks next season.

12. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

He might have to come back on 18/3 nights, and argue that was Shanghai Sharks worthy.

13. Drogba

Drogba Member

Fluke game.

14. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Yup, i dont thibk he'll do another 21/9/9 on the same number of shots attempted and made, FT attempted and made, TOs, steals, blocks and fouls, so yeah, definitely fluke.

rm365 likes this.
  15. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

So if they beat expectations and make it to the playoffs (or even come close), that will be meaningless?

The original Linsanity wasn't about JLin putting up big numbers (although yes, that was fun). It was about him taking a Knicks team that was falling way below expectations and WINNING. If Lin had gone on that run and put up his numbers but the Knicks were still losing and missed the playoffs, no one would have cared about those games. But they won, and it was because of this player that no one heard of doing what Melo and the other big-paycheck players on that team couldn't.

rm365 likes this.
  16. yoeddy

[​IMG]

17. yoeddy

Harden could get it with turnovers.

18. mikus

mikus Member

One thing that strikes me about this Nets team is that everyone is fighting and working hard, even the back of the bench guys. Sometimes, you see teams that have talent but don't work hard during games and look to use their athleticism to just coast. The Nets are almost the opposite of that, less talent but working harder. Hustle can win you some games. This what the "culture" that everyone is dismissing can get you. I stick with my prediction of the Nets winning 30 games. I wish I could have bet on the Over in Vegas.

yoeddy likes this.
  19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't care if Lin plays well.
    The mission is for lofs to leave

20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Lin already started turning the corner last year in Charlotte. His dumb turnovers were down, especially the ones where he jumps in the air in the lane and has no one to pass it to. While in Houston and LA he had excruciatingly bad bball IQ, but so far in Brooklyn he looks like a decent lead guard. He's swinging the ball, finding open guys, attacking when the opportunity is there. He's much better than when he was here. He still can't keep quick guards in front of him though. Ellis blew by him several times last night and Kilpatrick did a much better job defensively.

By the way, Scola is still an awesome teammate. He gets amped for good plays from the bench. It's the Nets for crying out loud, why is he still so passionate?

rm365 and Os Trigonum like this.