1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-2017] Jeremy Lin as a Brooklyn Net

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2016.

1. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Perhaps, but it's not like teams haven't played him like that before. It will depend on the teamwork and chemistry the Nets are able to build.

2. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

The reality is, Nets unlikely to win 25 let alone 30 games. If Lin doesnt put up stats because he'll be the focal point of the perimeter and help defense, he'll be labeled one way. If he puts up stats, it'll be meaningless stats on a bottom 3 eastern conference team. He can't win either way. At least in the eyes of the posters that cannot see anything Lin does being right.

And this Nets roster is primed for a 25 win season with the possibility to getting to 30 as a best case scenari .

Once the Nets GM lost out on Johnson and Crabbe, he decided to preserve 2017 cap space by signing 1 year contracts or minimum 2 year contracts with 2nd years as team options.

They also could have signed better players, but they wanted to sign players that can play the style of basketball this team wants to play long term.

So yeah, woukd have been exciting had the Nets fot Crabbe and Johnson (with a renowned developmental coach as head coach) but now it'll be downright ugly especially with the Nets not owning any 1st round picks until 2019 (?)

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think it was a bad move for Lin to leave the Hornets...If they where offering a similar contract of course.

He was liked in Charlotte, not a lot of media or pressure, good young team, good team chemisty/culture, he fit the system well, good realitionship with a great coach. Plus MJ being the owner has to be pretty cool.

Left all that for the Nets. A team that will be stuck being one of the worst teams in the league for many years. Back to NY where he will likely be burned by the bright lights and media for not replicating Linsanity, for not being more then what he is a role player who fits best as a 6th man on a decent team.

He tried being one of the best players on a horrible team thing with the Lakers and he had the worst year of his career, shame he didn't learn from that.

4. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

So much dumb in this post
    First, Hornets could only offer 1/2 what Nets offered
    Second, Lin can start on Nets and mostly play PG, whereas he gets to play PG around 12 min a game on the Hornets, and has to defend SGs 20 min a game.
    Third, he was trades to the Lakers. He would never chooae to go to the Lakers with Kobe there plus the dinosaur offense Byron Scott tried to implement.
    Fourth, the Lakers weren't Lin's experiment. They gave Kobe all he wanted, started Robert Scare at center in an attempt to tank, and was focused on trying to develop Jordon Clarkson as opposed to get good PG play (not wrong, just what it is)
    And no, Lin isnt paid to duplicate Linsanity. He is paid to do 13/6, lead and play solid defense. The Geizzlies paid $30m/yr for slightly more production than this.

So basically, you have no idea what you're talking about.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Indeed, a lot of dumb in this post.

I didn't know Charlotte's cap situation, that's why I said "If they were offering a similar contract". I don't know if they wanted Lin back or not, they could have re-signed him over Williams if they valued him more. If Lin couldn't get his money from the Hornets, then of course he should of signed else where, Brooklyn may of been the highest bidding team so perhaps it was the best available option for him financially, that being said the Nets are a horrible team going nowhere and I don't think joining that team was a great basketball decision. The spotlight is bright in NY, and some of the media will likely be tough on him because he is who he is.

You need to chill calling my post dumb and telling me I don't know what i'm talking about, I just think Charlotte was a great situation for him. You don't need to defend Lin so hard man, relax and find something better to do with your time besides attacking my post.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is who he is dude. A LOF. you criticize Lin, you shame his family and his country and his skin and his dog.

Just because he makes some posts in the GARM to hide his true face, you see it in his fire when his idol Lin is criticized.

he is not a he, he is an it.

7. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

The time you spent on writing an uninformed and judgmental and no intention to be informed post, just google.

And Lin had higher bidders. He took the situation in Brooklyn so he can start and play PG and has a relationahip with the head coach who was the assistant coach that developed his game in New York.

Was Lin dumb to take the Nets offer? If he had waited until Crabbe and Johnson's were matched, he would be left without a choice had he wanted to go to another team. He was wise to take a contract first day when money was flush.

Why would Lin continue to play back up at his prime age in Charlotte. Perhaps that's a loaer mentality you are more accustomed with. For me, I'd like to find out what I'm capable of at my prime. If I fail, well, you never hit the shots you dont take.

As for choosing the Nets, I'm sure management outlined their strategy. It was unfathomable a few days ago that Miami would let Wade go, so it was easy to expect at least the Nets would have Johnson to work with. And poaaibly Crabbe as well, had Gasol not gone to the Spurs leaving Portland with spare cash and a need to match Crabbe.

And who would Lin be more comfortable with than a coach that trusts and believes in him enough to make him a priority signing, having been credited with helping Lin develop, aa much or more so that D'Antoni who actually didnt want to play Lin and was forced to play him due to injuries and the Nets game where Linsanity started because it was the 3rd game in 3 nights in a lock out season.

So, be informed.

You have spilled a lot of uninformed **** in threads before. Calling your post dumb not only serves you right, it was being kind.

8. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

This desperate to recruit an ally? Good luck, thay boy ain't gonna help

9. tinman

Supporting Member

All LOF are dumb.

And I guarantee you they are not from Texas especially not from Houston.

You are in Houston right?

Think about these fake ass fans who don't give a damn about your city

10. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

no difference ... but btw 6.4 and 6.9? big difference ...

11. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Lost ZBoy. Need NBoy

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bro, I'm not a Lin expert like you (and I don't have to be to post in this thread), I don't follow his every move and read every bit of information about him that's out there. This is a Rockets forum, not a Lin forum, I don't know why you would have such high expectations of me or anyone else to be so well informed about Lin outside of his time in Houston and whatever big headlines hits the media.

I personally would value winning in a good situation, with a good role, over getting a bigger role on such a horrible team, but that was Lin's choice, and you supporting that choice is fine. Just like me not supporting it, is fine as well.

Lol oh really? Why don't you inform me about all that uninformed **** I have spilled in other threads buddy. Please.

13. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Sorry, happy to remove that last reference if you prefer.

Im not going to do a WTFRocketsWTF and dig up other posters' old post. That's just ... Wtf

14. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Tinsatan is not a real rocket fan...he's a fool and a fan of LOFHing bc that makes him or it feels reverent.

All real rocket fans mock and disrespect him as a clown in the GARM...so LIN and LOF help him real like a real man...which he is not.

15. yoeddy

That's not at all what happened with the Lakers. The Lakers traded for Lin to have him back up Steve Nash. When Nash's season ended in pre-season because of injury, Lin was thrust into the starting role without having spent even a minute of training camp working with the starting team. And that starting unit, with old-men Kobe and Boozer out there, they were pretty much the opposite of what Lin needs to thrive (neither Kobe nor Boozer were fast-paced runners, both were better-served as ISO or post players). And in pre-season, everyone was excited about the chemistry that Lin and Ed Davis had...but Byron Scott never had them on the court at the same time until after the All-Star break...a CLEAR indicator that Scott was trying to tank. All of this happened while Lin was earning the biggest dollar amount in a single season of his NBA career.

So...Lin absolutely learned from this experience...that money doesn't mean a thing if he doesn't have a good relationship with the coach and play in a team that fits his strengths. Sure, it would have been nice to stay with the Hornets, but the Hornets are committed to Kemba Walker as the starter, and Lin would never really ever find out if he has the ability to be the starting PG on a team built around him in NBA if he stayed there. If this doesn't work out, I'm sure the Hornets would love to sign him 3 years down the road as a backup...but if this does work out, even if the Nets don't win a ton but Lin shows that he can run a team, it'll do wonders for his career.

16. yoeddy

Lin fans are Ivy Leaguers. We are not dumb.

17. yoeddy

What if you had the belief that you could help turn that horrible team into a winner? And that you felt confident that the organization was willing to take your input in putting together the roster over the next 2-3 years? Would you be satisfied to simply take the smaller role on the good team as you enter the prime of your career? Or would you want to see if you could really realize your potential?

18. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Trump fans live in the South. They kiss their sisters.

Linfan logic

19. yoeddy

Lin is a Harvard man. Trump is not from the south. Not sure I understand the analogy you are trying to put forward here.

And Trump said he'd date Ivanka if he weren't her father.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

You are not a rockets fan yet you joined the most dedicated rockets fans site ever

Hayesisback is not Ivy League he's not even from the USA