1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-17] Dwight Howard as an Atlanta Hawk

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2016.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah, that's not even close to the pressure of a filled arena..

And how has no one told him to stop rolling his shoulders forward before every attempt?? Mind-boggling. It's like a nervous tic for him.

So we can confirm he wasnt willing to be coached here then, right??

2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dwight Howard says he wants to bring a championship to Atlanta <a href="https://t.co/KCwoYrRhAO">https://t.co/KCwoYrRhAO</a> <a href="https://t.co/3upJDjJ3cE">pic.twitter.com/3upJDjJ3cE</a></p>&mdash; CBS Sports NBA (@CBSSportsNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/status/750523941173821440">July 6, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. the shark

the shark Member

Good luck with that Dwight.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Agree that it ain't going to happen within Dwight's career. Nothing wrong with him saying that though. Harden said he wants to bring a championship to Houston. Even Tracy McGrady said that. Whatevs.

If they don't want that, they shouldn't be playing.

6. meanplays

meanplays Member

lol dwight already destroying the Hawks by scaring away Al Horford....

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]D12 no more &mdash; Howard to change uniform number

LAS VEGAS — New beginning, new number for Dwight Howard.

The newest Hawks player will apparently no longer wear his uniform No. 12. Howard appeared on the NBA TV broadcast of the Hawks’ Las Vegas Summer League game against the Rockets on Friday. He said on the air that he will change his number from the one he has worn his entire professional career.

Howard would not reveal the new number. He said only that it will be biblical and have deep meaning.[/rquoter]

8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Over / Under bet on his new number = 69

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Going back to being a good Christian now? Hilarious..

10. rockets13champs

3?
    For john 3:14

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Nice of him to give up his number for Kirk Hinrich.

I'm going with 8. The number for rebirth, new beginnings. Something trite like Dwite.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ha, no not Kirk Hinrich. Rookie Taurean Prince will wear #12

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Howard during the Dleague game said he is excited to expand his game, never too old to learn new moves.

Poor Hawks, someone please tell Howard to focus on rebounding, defense, dunking and free throws.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Why, because he was the 12th pick? Looks like he wore 21 at Baylor.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

During the NBATV interview he also gawked at Onuanu shooting his free throws underhand and basically said he'd never do that.... just speaks to his ego and wanting to look cool being the driving force to him not at least trying to shoot underhand. I actually think its pretty freaking cool that Onuanu just doesn't care and only wants to improve.

1 person likes this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'll never understand fans that wanted him to stay here. He is never going to play to his strengths. I'm glad we got rid of him. I loved what he did for the community here and really wished him and Harden would have meshed. It's too bad that Dwights ego will always be in the way.

17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Happiness is more important to Howard than winning and I don't fault him that at all. Happiness is more important to me than my job too. Some guys don't have the killer spirit but are still 7' or nearly and have skills. People are going to pay for that and they're right to do it. Even though he prioritizes his happiness over winning games and even if no owner or coach or player likes that, he still has unquestionable value. And one doesn't get to be a standout defensive player without putting in a lot of effort.

Who knows what he might show in ATL? I think he's at his best when he's happy and, fair or not, he wasn't happy in L.A. with Kobe or Houston with Harden. Maybe he can relax a little being home and maybe that's good for his game too. Still I thought he did a lot of good when he was here, mostly brought a great attitude, and I appreciated him choosing Houston. I wish him well.

18. Batman Jones

Haha! Truth. Repped.

19. Batman Jones

Who smiles at injuries? Not cool.

20. Batman Jones