1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-17] Dwight Howard as an Atlanta Hawk

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2016.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He played 41 games. Or you can look at 2013-14

His shot attempts were below the norm last year

2. arjun

arjun Member

YES

Cody beat Howard down the floor a couple of times and in the 2nd half when Atlanta changed up the Pick n Roll coverage, it was on Dwight to drop back and guard both Cody and theball handler and Cody definitely won the matchup...career game.

(Although some of his points were just because ATL didn't make the right rotations -- but you can see Dwight starting to stare and yell at his teammates after each basket....just like in Houston)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/smKYsTLWanc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. arjun

arjun Member

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  4. Mr. Clutch

Dwight will never mature

Cashmoney likes this.
  5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I didn't really think it was worthy of a flagrant 2. Looked to me like he swung his arm back to box out but was too high and connected with his neck. Even Zeller didn't think it was a dirty play. Nonetheless, Howard has a history of plays like that. I'm just surprised all the articles say it was "obvious." Didn't seem so clear cut to me.

6. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

dang. dwight got ate up like some chex mix. smh.

Drogba likes this.
  7. Joseph Ho

Joseph Ho Member

I think the play was obvious. Dwight Howard was frustrated with Cody that night and I've seen Dwight box out many times here with his arms up like that but that play Dwight drove his arm into the face of Zeller. Because Dwight often box out with his arms up, I think he believes that he can get a shot in and just said it was unintentional.

8. Joseph Ho

Joseph Ho Member

No the Rockets didn't lie to Dwight during their presentations. The Rockets really wanted Dwight to be a legit low post monster with Harden operating on the outside. At the time, the Rockets with McHale believed they could work with Dwight and improve his mechanics in the low post. The Rockets had both McHale and Hakeem work with Dwight in order for him to be a legit low post threat.

But I think after a few seasons, the Rockets quickly realized that feeding Dwight the ball and have him operate in the post for most of the offense was highly inefficient. They realized that even with Hakeem and McHale working with Dwight's post game, he will never be anything special in the post. The Rockets just slowly went away from feeding him in the post and hoped that he will be involved more of PnR because he's much more efficient in that area.

Jontro, Drogba, Richie_Rich and 2 others like this.
  9. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I like you Mr. Clutch because you are a good poster, but Dwight really isn't that 'good' anymore. Look at what Capela is doing, lobs for days. Dwight hated Pick and roll. Dwight's post game is like drawing blood from a rock.

10. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Steve Nash told Dwight the samething in Los Angeles.

11. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

Wow, Howard elbowed another white center tonight and slapped him in the face one more time right after the elbow (Hernangomez), wasn't he ejected for elbowing Zeller yesterday? People were trying to defend him that it was an accident, but now it's obvious what he's doing.

DreamShook likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't fault people who haven't seen Dwight play a lot thinking this is just a one time occurance. People who have seen Dwight play, know better. This is what he does when he gets frustrated. Chauncey even commented on it during an ESPN segment. He said when he went up against Dwight, he would do this all the time. We were wondering why some players didn't respect him when he was here in Houston, maybe this was one the reasons.

13. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i hope dwight is doing well.

he's not my fav player, but it's prolly been hard growing up in front of the camera.

14. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Last season(in a loss in Houston to the Wizards) Nene was roughing him up and Dwight did not have the testicular fortitude to do anything about it.Instead he b****ed to the refs and got ejected. He only goes after little weak centers.

15. Mr. Clutch

He's actually doing and the team is winning well but it's amazing he still acts like a little biotch and gets himself ejected

16. valorita

valorita Member

Leopard doesn't change its stripes.
    Dwight will eventually revert back to who he is. It usually takes a fan base about half a season to full before they get past the honeymoon phase.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://theringer.com/nba-teams-that-should-tank-dallas-mavericks-miami-heat-ea5a31095347#.3y8n6kv41

18. Mr. Clutch

Fair enough, Dwight is definitely not that good on offense. But a lot of the offense this year is the new system and Harden being a more will passer and in better shape

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Maybe Dwight will make Millsap bolt
    [​IMG]

20. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

That play is dirty and looks intentional. He looked at Zeller first to measure up and then turned around to pretend it wasn't intentional...He made sure that elbows landed on Zeller's face. Sad to see Dwight still hasn't grown up.