1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-17] Dwight Howard as an Atlanta Hawk

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2016.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

He took discount though, so that's telling something too.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

We dont know that..or did someone offer him a max?

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

that seems cheap. he basically got his 23M from us times 3 seasons. you'd think he could get 85M or something like that. i mean, i wouldn't give him 85M, but i figured someone would.

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

Look at what some other guys got and how fast he decided, he definitely could've gotten more. I think he made a decision with his mind and heart and decided to go home. Best scenario for him actually.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He will be traveling around the country most of the year.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Nope

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dwight Howard's 3-year, $70.5 million deal is totally guaranteed with no option &amp; about $7 million more than Hawks' 1st offer, source said.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@MarcJSpearsESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/749011839241957376">July 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sounds like he had a number in mind and was just looking for one of his preferred teams to meet that...so when the home town hawks finally did it, he signed immediately.

7. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

Great deal for both sides. Coach bud is not an enabler. I think he'll do well in Atlanta.

They do need a point guard to distribute the ball though. I don't think Schroeder has shown enough to warrant being handed the keys just yet.

This also increased the odds that Horford moves on. Hope we land him

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, I liked Dwight. I blamed most of his struggles on the guards not knowing how to pass to him. I just can't wrap my head around him not telling them how he wants to be passed to in three years as a Rocket..

I'm not going to wish him well after he admitted to quitting on the team. He threw a hissy fit because he didn't get the ball even though the method of not giving him the ball got the Rockets to the WCF.

When he was playing hard it was fantastic!

I'm glad I won't have to take up for him anymore. That s#!t was exhausting.

1 person likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hawks regret signing Howard O/U 1.5 years? :p

10. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

EASILY Under...before this upcoming season ends.

11. Lightsnowaction

Will watch all games and hope for Josh Smith to tag team.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm hoping for the best for him.

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

Media and agents can spin this anyway they like ;)

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Seriously wish him well. His last chance to make good on his NBA story.

15. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Bone on bone :grin:

16. Major

Major Member

That describes about 98% of the players in the league. Outside of players at the end of their careers chasing rings, you're not going to find many players willing to take less money to try to win a ring.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

*******, y'all are some bitter salty people. Dwight was a professional, didn't go out there and demand a trade, didn't go out there and bash Harden, allegedly wasn't the instigator of firing McHale, played his heart out in the playoffs in 2013 when Harden was sitting there bricking shot after shot against the Blazers.

When we were rolling last season he doled back his touches and became the pick and roll, box out and rebound, defend the paint, etc. guy that we were demanding he be. And then we blow for the entirety of next season in his contract year, and we still deny him the ball? How would you guys feel losing $8 million a year in future wages? How would you feel as a player if you traded your role for team success, and then when the team success dries up the team still wants your role marginalized?

I certainly don't want to keep him, its the best move for both him and for us as a team, but ******* this website has a nasty habit of absolutely ****TING on players that no longer play for us.

4 people like this.
  18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Dwight wont win a title. He just isnt the same player. He wanted to be home...And Home was willing to pay him what he wanted. He actually got a good deal. And if things worked out here, he wouldve gotten more than that here in Houston.

Dwight was a great person off the court, OK on the court...Last year ended all hope for him to return to greatness as a basketball player. The NBA and her style of play has hurt Dwight...And he wasnt able to adjust...Wish him the best in ATL.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

90% of the posts in this thread read "I wish him well"...

This is least amount of Bitterness I have ever witnessed on Clutchfans.

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Yeah this thread is decently polite, that rant is kinda misplaced here.

Its the GARM Howard threads that have bitterness though, maybe he forgot where he was lol