1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 Texans Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ghettocheeze, Feb 2, 2015.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Right.

Six OLBs [DEs converted to OLB] and they all have to show is Whitney Mercilus. Edit: Oops, and Clowney whenever he comes back.

(2009-2)Barwin - gone
    (2011-2)Reed - gone
    (2012-1)Mercilus
    (2013-3)Montgomery - gone
    (2013-4)T.Williams - gone
    (2014-1)Clowney - out

#201 J.R., Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

#1 BPA @ OLB or WR
    #2 BPA at the one you didn't take at #1

3. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

This.
    It's what I think they do.
    God knows JJ STILL needs help on that line.

4. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

RD1 : IILB
    RD2: WR / CB
    Rd3: CB / WR
    RD4: TE
    RD5: Def
    RD6: OT
    RD7: Def

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ve-takeaways-from-this-weeks-pro-day-workouts

While Cooper, White and Louisville's DeVante Parker generally get most of the buzz in yet another exciting wide receiver class, the most gifted receiver in the 2015 draft is Dorial Green-Beckham. The former top prep prospect was a man amongst boys while starring for Missouri early in his career and wowed scouts at the combine by registering a 4.49-second 40-yard dash after measuring in at a Calvin Johnson-like 6-foot-5, 237 pounds.

Green-Beckham was even better during his Pro Day workout at Oklahoma, according to scouts who were in attendance. He showed off his remarkable fluidity and acceleration for such a big man and easily plucked the ball out of the air, showing off the massive catch radius and concentration that should ultimately make him an NFL star.

Most importantly, Green-Beckham earned positive reviews at the combine and his Pro Day for his accountability and honesty during interviews with clubs. Further, I'm told coaches at Oklahoma are vouching for Green-Beckham's commitment and hold no grudges for his declaring early for the draft.

Jerry Jones has said his biggest draft regret was passing on Randy Moss for character reasons. He said it on the day he traded up to get Dez Bryant.
    Given the need to replace Dre' I think we would be fools to pass on DGB if he's there at 16.

#205 Dubious, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  6. Nimo

Nimo Member

He is not a slot guy or a TE. It seems like everyone on here is saying Andre got cut because WR2 is not that important in this system. If that's the case, why draft a receiver in the first round who is only going to be catching 40 passes?:)

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The only thing allowing us to have a shot at DGB are his past character issues. And the fact that he hasn't played in a while. Because of that, he may last into the second round.

At the same time, you know how heavily we value character, supposedly. So I'm thinking it's a no. Maybe O'Brien will change this...

8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

DGB looks legit. I would even trade up for him. But if he's there at 16, and we don't take him, then wow.

9. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

If no DGB, Diggs looks like a great fit at WR2 in the NE system. He's actually a better fit than Nuk or DGB, but DGB looks too beastly to pass up. DGB would provide another red zone threat aside from Foster (and Watt haha). This team sorely needs this considering our TEs aren't there yet. I wouldn't be surprised if we took a TE early.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Probably need to go C with the #1 pick thanks to Myers leaving

11. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

There's only one true pro center prospect this year in Cameron Erving from FSU. Drafting him would be a HUGE reach at #16. The earliest I would take him would be 30-32 in the first. I would definitely grab him up in the 2nd. But there are much bigger needs than C at the moment. You have two centers on the roster already in the system. Jones is a natural center that they've moved to either guard position out of need. Now that Myers is gone I like the idea of sliding him back in the middle.

Our biggest need on the O-line is guard. You've got Brooks who's turning into an all pro, and you're hoping X turns into a player his 2nd year. Nothing else after that.

12. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Probably not since they've had Ben Jones slotted for that position for a while.

13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Agree. This team needs line depth and need to take a OL in the 2nd or 3rd round.

14. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Dorial Green Beckham is a big gamble, but man he has top 5 WR potential.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

If they only wanted to give Andre 40 catches, then putting a high pick into a WR would be pretty dumb.

16. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Why is everyone taking the "40 catches" so literal? It was the round about why of saying his role would be diminished, therefore requiring him to take a pay cut in which he didn't want to do. It's was all about getting him to admit to a reduced role simply for the point of cutting his salary. It has always been, and will forever be about the money. Not whether he could still play at a high level.

17. DonnyMost

That's the quote. I'm taking it literally until proven otherwise.

Fun fact: all 3 offenses BOB has been in charge of have had the WR2 average 31 catches.

18. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

But we will need to draft an OG early to help out Brooks & X if we really are shifting Jones to C. I expect if we pick up Wilfork most of our early rounds will be dedicated to offense (WR2, OG, TE to make Graham expendable) with maybe an ILB if one drops to us.

19. DonnyMost

Honestly, the last thing we need to do is get younger on the interior OL.

We need some solid veteran depth.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You can both be right