1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015] Rockets Draft Buzz

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jun 24, 2015.

1. NotChandlerParsons

I can definitely see Tyus Jones, but I also think mock draft/news people are gravitating toward PG because it's a position of need, even though Morey and the staff have repeatedly said, and demonstrated, that they do not draft for need.

2. Space City

Space City Member

I believe it's 6pm CT.

3. xaos

xaos Member

"Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange." - Cobb on Morey's drafting strategy being a smoke screen

4. dlite316

dlite316 Member

Who is Buzz?

5. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Maybe so but it's also a possibility he is the best player when are time comes or at least on a tier of very similar value players and he also fits a need. It's not just BPA it's also BPA that works in your system. And I do not think there are 18 players that meet that criteria ahead of Tyus Jones. If he drops out of the top 20 someone will get a steal.

6. Ryris

Ryris Member

Trade up for Frank the Tank and put him at 4!

7. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

I still like to see the Harrison Twins joining Rox.

Rox is going to trade down for them.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Remember, just because the Rockets don't trade the pick tomorrow night, it doesn't mean that they don't trade the player selected sometime during this offseason. Just ask Jeremy Lamb and Donte Greene about their rookie seasons in Houston.

Some deals-- like those involving possible sign and trade for free agents-- may not materialize until free agency starts in July, or perhaps later in the offseason. Things evolve. So I expect the Rockets to pick the player that they think will be a good trade asset this summer.

9. macho87

macho87 Member

Buzz Lightyear?
    Is he the PG we've been looking for?

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Tyus Jones screams Kemba Walker to me and I'm not sure I like that. I'd rather one of the taller pgs or trade it. With teams claiming 'great draft' you could flip the pick for added value down the road, Morey Style.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

second PG pick after AB0 in a long time?

12. rockets13champs

Why dont we either trade up for mudiay? He might fall to 6-9 range. This is only if he falls. I dont think he falls below sac because they are despirate for a PG. Unless they take Russell after trading Demarcus to Lakers. I dont like Tyus Jones for some reason. What you think of Jerian Grant

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I don't see the Rockets playing any rookie, so I haven't really thought about how any fit in on this team ...I think they'll pick BPA and try to trade him or just toss him to RGV like the others..unless, they have a deal already in place, and they draft who they're told to draft.

14. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Don't think Tyus Jones is the PG that will put us over the hump and will spend time in the Valley. I prefer Jerian Grant, he can contribute immediately on both ends. I would also, like a wing shooter with Andrew Harrison at the 32nd pick

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Nick Johnson?

16. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

He screams Shane Larkin to me (maybe it's just looks?). I could deal with Kemba.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

First round and somewhat more than a Combo guard

yeah then you could count in Isaiah Canaan and Johnson 2nd rounders

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chad Fraud's latest mock has them selecting Tyus Jones:

And Spain (C) Guillermo Hernangomez at 32.

#39 J.R., Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Trading down and selecting Terry Rozier wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. The latest Draft Express mock has him going 30.