1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by J.R., Mar 15, 2015.

1. Bob Barker 007

Gah, I can't stand Calipari's arrogance.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Great game! If Kentucky had trouble with small players that can dribble what are they going to do with Decker, A big guy who can dribble?

3. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

kentucky is the reason why i dont follow college basketball as much anymore... a bunch of 5 stars teaming up to win a national title for 1 year then go to the nba.

lebron has wussified basketball with this whole recruiting thing...

1 person likes this.
  4. i3artow i3aller

Dude shoots an airball...

"Oh he JUST MISSES!!!!"

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The one and dones killed college ball, don't blame LeBron.

For that reason I rarely watch college hoops until March. That was a great game, too many stoppages though.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He's one of the few that can back it up. His teams are loaded

7. newAge_Rockets

This was the greatest Notre Dame team I've ever seen. Their heart was absolutely unmatched. They were never the biggest, nor the fastest or the strongest yet they always found a way to win. Jerian and Pat will be greatly missed, but hopefully this national exposure we've gotten recently will lead to new guys stepping in that can hopefully provide half of what Pat and Jerian gave us in leadership.

I also got to give props to Coach Brey. The cuts, the passes, and the entire makeup of this team embodies his character. I hope this man gets the trip to the Final Four he deserves.

8. Bob Barker 007

I understand that his team is really good, and they may not have played their best game. I just think in good sportsmanship he can acknowledge (very briefly) the effort of Notre Dame.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

You know LeBron wasn't the first example of a really good player joining other really good players to form a superteam?

Lakers with Kobe / Shaq / Malone / Payton, off the top of my head, is the earliest example I can think of. I'm sure there are more.

10. SK34

SK34 Member

Well thats not him.. Lets see his coaching without all the 5 star recruits... His bench is better than the starting lineups of most team.

11. reliableman

reliableman Member

Even "LeBron's" Heat didn't win in year 1.

You have to give credit where credit is due. If Kentucky can put together a winning team every year from fresh recruits (as you imply,) which is not at all what is happening in reality, then you have to admit that they are doing something very right chemistry/coaching-wise.

PS: I'll take the Harrison bros success as rep for Htown!

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Anthony Davis would be a senior right now, on this UK team. Jeeeez.

13. i3artow i3aller

WCS value was truly seen towards the end of the game. Him switching on to a guard was not a mismatch at all. Grant was never getting to the middle of the court as WCS forced him baseline and ran right with him stride for stride. Impressive stuff by the big man.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's the NBA's fault IMO. NBA ruined the college game. These guys wouldn't be teaming up or being a one and done without that one-year-out-of-high-school rule. Let the guys who want to go straight to the NBA go to the NBA. Let the GMs take a chance on an 18 yr who might be the next Lebron, KG, Kobe. Let the guys who want to play in college go to college and stay as long as they want.

Now we watch bad basketball because you have a starting five filled with children. You have no idea who is on a team year to year because they are gone after a semester. I remember a time not too long ago when you could name at least 3 players on a starting five team around the country. not anymore

Don't blame the children they're just trying to get paid

15. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

This year's Kentucky team returned 3 of 5 starters and multiple bench players from a national championship team. not the best example of one and done

16. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VCe3qpls8QM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Towns MIGHT be something in the NBA

but the rest of that team LMAO

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

What's wussified about:

- a bunch of highly recruited kids sacrificing personal stats to win as a team?

- college players deciding to play for life changing money as soon as they can?

19. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Yea, I see nothing wrong with this. Money usually trumps everything else on the plate. As long as the deed is legal, one would be foolish to not go to the NBA if possible.

20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Exactly my thoughts.

I. Cannot. Stand. UK. Or. Calipari.