1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 27, 2015.

?

Golden State vs. Cleveland

Poll closed Jun 4, 2015.
  1. Warriors in 4

4.8%
  2. Warriors in 5

14.6%
  3. Warriors in 6

21.1%
  4. Warriors in 7

6.8%
  5. Cavs in 7

10.9%
  6. Cavs in 6

33.0%
  7. Cavs in 5

3.7%
  8. Cavs in 4

5.1%
  1. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

The love the Warriors got this season was ridiculous and highly annoying. Even made Champs trash the Rockets' legacy in order to prop them up. I thought you'd hate the Warriors for this, since it was done in their name, but whatever. Looks like you've gone soft on us, bro.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">J.R. Smith says he &quot;absolutely&quot; plans to be back with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cavs?src=hash">#Cavs</a> next year. He has a player option.</p>&mdash; Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/611032048963321857">June 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They'll have most of the core back next year. Green's deal will be matched as long as they ship out Lee. Barbosa is gone. Speights might be gone if his nearly $4 million option(plus potential luxury tax) is too much for them. Then in 2016, they'll probably keep Barnes, but won't be able to afford Ezeli.

Basically they've got another year with most of this core and the year after that with a little less of it. Then unless their backcourt can carry the team, they'll never sniff another NBA Finals.

4. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Disliking both teams made it easier to watch somehow. This was, however, the closest I've ever come to rooting for Lebron... and then he went all "I'm the best in the world, simple as that" and I was ok with it not going 7.

Whatever, let the Warriors set their illegal screens, whining about all the calls. The frequency of which they did these things made them look like less of a championship team than I originally thought, which started when I saw them having to repeatedly do these things and cheat to beat us after everyone in the world acted like they were some unbeatable video game team with unlimited mode enabled or something... I really thought they were better than they seemed to have been, though they are a really good team regardless, I admit. Curry's shooting / handles is a sight to behold. Of course, the Mailman had one of the best mid-range jumpers ever but that didn't make me like him or the way he played overall.

Still, I had more respect for them before the playoffs started than I do now that they won it, and yeah, I'm sore about it, having been kicked... in the head... with an iron boot, but I also feel confident in this opinion being a reasonably accurate analysis. "They aren't who I thought they were, OK?!" I can't wait to play them again.

I will say, watching the way they play makes me ponder what practices must be like for them, as they all seem to be conditioned as a team to cheat, like Seattle practicing zone defense when it was illegal, or the Jazz learning to flop soft on one end and foul hard on the other under Sloan, or even Portland and perhaps the Clippers all running "push off your defender to make your move" drills. I imagine Kerr saying "Ok, everyone line up, we're going to practice running illegal screens in a quantity and methodology that makes it impossible for them to call it on us enough in a game to make it not worth the effort of constantly subverting the rules. Ok, now let's work on complaining even when we know we're in the wrong."

That said, Cleveland just didn't have enough, no matter how good Lebron is vs. how good he thinks he is. Things unfolded as they should, all in all, I just thought from what I'd seen this year and what I hear that it would look prettier or more impressive, leaving me to wonder what we can do to get to that level. As it is, I just wanna get back at em. Soon.

5. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Also,its depressing how the league has changed, I miss it when it was the land of trees. ):

Its been a weird season.

6. ibm

ibm Member

doesnt lebron have a player's option as well? who's to say he's 100% coming back to the cavs?

7. Mr. Space City

Cavs should cut him and shumpert.

Both guys are losers who will never have a significant role in a championship team.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I respect all the championships, whatever people say has nothing to do with what the team does

You guys are soft, I mean you care about CHAMPS SPORTS

Isn't that where middle school kids buy regular price Nikes and ugly baseball caps??

It's embarrassing that a crappy mall store makes fans mad.

The twitter age, drake listening people wouldn't last 2 seconds in the 90s.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His 3s made it close at the end. At this point he was never a 2nd or 3rd option....

Rather a 4th or 5th option and usually a 6th man kind of player that he was in New York.

He isn't bad in that role.

10. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

The guys were forced to be second and third guys.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

LeBron will be back. But the Cavs have a lot of questions heading into the offseason. Smith has a player option. He'll probably be back. But so does Love and no one knows what he's thinking right now. Thompson is unrestricted. So are Delly, Shumpert, and Jones.

There's actually a decent chance a lot of those guys are gone next season. Even if they all wanna return, I don't know if the Cavs can afford them.

12. i3artow i3aller

13. Mr. Space City

That's what jr does. Be trash when the pressure is on and goes off when there is none. Not to mention a complete idpt who makes bonehead plays.

Did the same in the Knicks. Dude should be like nick Young chucking bricks in lottery teams.

Shumpert is the new Keith bogans who should only be getting 10-15 minutes at most

More like 3rd and 4th guys after mozgov and Thompson.

14. kanggang

kanggang Member

Klay on Steph: "He's the greatest player in the world"
    Iggy on LeBron: "Arguably the greatest player in the world"

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, after guarding Lebron and Harden dude knows what's up.

16. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

So happy for the warriors and the bay area! Never would've believed it if someone told me they would be champs before the season started.

Going to party hard tonight and regret it tomorrow at work lol.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Hey let me know when ORANGE JUILIUS starts disrespecting Harden so we can retweet it a thousand times and give them free publicity

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Let me know when LANE BRYANT or THE SHARPER IMAGE disrespects the Rockets too.

19. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

But, but, but I thought jump shooting teams never win championships???

20. i3artow i3aller