1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 27, 2015.

?

Golden State vs. Cleveland

Poll closed Jun 4, 2015.
  1. Warriors in 4

4.8%
  2. Warriors in 5

14.6%
  3. Warriors in 6

21.1%
  4. Warriors in 7

6.8%
  5. Cavs in 7

10.9%
  6. Cavs in 6

33.0%
  7. Cavs in 5

3.7%
  8. Cavs in 4

5.1%
  1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">These postgame quotes from Mozgov are just priceless. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBAFinals?src=hash">#NBAFinals</a> <a href="http://t.co/RyE1jLT0I3">pic.twitter.com/RyE1jLT0I3</a></p>&mdash; Amin Elhassan (@AminESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/AminESPN/status/609225070507069440">June 12, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. verysimplejason

I'm sorry but I disagree. Put Harden in GSW and you won't see anything better. At least I see Curry busting his ass in defense even if he's overpowered most of the time. Also, Curry is all about team play if you haven't noticed. He'd rather move without the ball than have the ball in his hand. He's like Miller and Chris Paul rolled into one. I hate Curry's passiveness sometimes but I love his end game swagger. It's much different than Harden's...

3. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

4. ibm

ibm Member

if you find a single game can easily swing your opinions and feel, maybe some more watching is required.

i predict no matter who wins game 5 on sunday, this thread is gonna see a lot more posts with more "confirmed" thoughts. :)

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe it's just me. This series reminds me of the Clippers-Spurs series.

The Clippers didn't have much depth. The Spurs were deep and versatile.
    The Cavs don't have much depth. The Warriors are deep and versatile.

The Clippers rode Griffin and he was gassed in the 4th quarters.
    The Cavs rode LeBron and he has been gassed in the 4th quarters.
    (The difference: Griffin is no LeBron.)

The Clippers had an unlikely hero in Austin Rivers.
    The Cavs has an unlikely hero in Delly.

The Clippers' star PG was hurt.
    The Cavs star PG was hurt.
    (The difference: Paul could still play. Irving is out.)

After the series is tied 2-2, the Clippers fought hard and won the series.
    The series is tied 2-2, the Cavs are fighting hard...
    (The difference: The Clippers had HCA.)

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

is it just me or does Curry seem to be able to put his hands all over people without getting fouls called? I see him constantly grabbing a ball handler and it rarely gets called.

Not that it matters in this game, but just an observation.

7. ibm

ibm Member

i dont feel that way.

2 of the big 3 on the cavs are out. the clips' big 3 so to speak are paul, griffin and dj. the clips would have to lose 2 of their big 3 for your comparison to be valid.

8. ibm

ibm Member

who will win game 5 and therefore be one game away from winning the title?

things to worry about gsw:
    what is klay t. thinking when he made that "quiet" gesture on national tv? if anything, they should be celebrating a championship by then. but the fact is the series is tied at 2 apiece. this kinda mentality from a key player should be a legit concern for them. plus, curry still hasnt done squat in the series.

for the cavs,,, its mainly if they can recover physically from a 72-hr turnaround and regain that defensive intensity. it's so hard to play like no tomorrow every single game and every single possession like they did in game 3. its just human nature.

9. i3artow i3aller

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think the cavs should have sacrificed this game for game 5. The only way they will win is if they go all out. They should have limited lebron's minutes so he could go all out game 5. Now they lost + they played everyone heavy minutes.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Tough to say that in a finals game (and it's hindsight), but I agree. They went all out to cut the lead but all for naught.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Windhorst reporting cavs are upset at blatt for not using vets and their full bench

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

I agree. Why were Kendrick Perkins & Brendan Haywood not playing? :grin:

Jones, Marion & Miller...meh

1 person likes this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The "Splash Brothers" would be sunk if they didn't have Iggy and Draymond doing all the dirty work for them.

If GS wins the series Iggy better get the Finals MVP over the over-hyped media darling Curry.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Its all about relative credit. Nobody is saying Mozgov, Thompson, and Delly are scrubs. But if JR and Shump hits their shots LeBron doesn't have to go out there and produce and extra 15 or 20 points.

When Houston lost Dwight, were we winning games because of team defense or because of Harden? A little bit of both, but Harden will get the credit because A) he's a better individual player than his teammates and B) he pretty much ends up leading the team in 2 or 3 major stats every single night

Its the same for LeBron and he's getting a lot of deserved flack right now for not putting up in the 4th. Superstars will get all the credit and all the blame.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Probably. Harden is 25 years old and Lebron 30. It is common sense that the 30 year old is more likely to gas out in the 4th than the 25 year old.

They will get handed it to them by the media and the fans no matter what. I agree.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I gotta say, I have been REALLY impressed with Mozgov in this series. He is a really solid C and is on a decent contract. The Cavs trade for him was a home run!

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I actually agree. I think Miller and Jones should have got more run, especially how Shump and Smith were shooting.

No one is asking those guys to go out and play 10 mins...just give 3 or so mins and hit a shot or two. If they can't even do that then why even be on the team? Even Francisco Garcia can do that.

If you can't play 3-4 mins of a NBA team then it's time to retire.

19. aumate

aumate Member

Not only that but 5 straight finals, throw in the Olympics and the amount of load he has to carry. He's just absolutely spent.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Why even be on the team? Because LeBron brought them there and who's gonna turn down an opportunity to play with LeBron and/or win a championship (even if they aren't playing)? No one! :)

Miller is averaging 5 minutes this series.

This entire postseason: 2-4, 6 points.

(32%|32%|75%, averaging 2 points in 13 minutes of play during the regular season)

Jones is averaging 17 minutes this series.

36%|36%|84%, averaging 4 points in 12 minutes of play during the regular season)

And Shawn Marion...

If you can't play 3-4 mins of a NBA team then it's time to retire.

He IS retiring after the season.