1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 27, 2015.

?

Golden State vs. Cleveland

Poll closed Jun 4, 2015.
  1. Warriors in 4

4.8%
  2. Warriors in 5

14.6%
  3. Warriors in 6

21.1%
  4. Warriors in 7

6.8%
  5. Cavs in 7

10.9%
  6. Cavs in 6

33.0%
  7. Cavs in 5

3.7%
  8. Cavs in 4

5.1%
  1. bballjunkie281

Ok, so conveniently we are not allowed to examine the Celtic's record since February because it interferes with your argument, but the Hawks' record, well, that's a different story, right?

Of course you don't need to watch the Cavs to make your judgements. Box scores and media blabberings are quite enough to judge the performance of a basketball team...

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Pretty much yeah. If you want to argue that the Celtics were a truly sleeping giant whose roar was snuffed out by the Cavs before we could all appreciate them, I'm happy to see you do it, just like if you wanna argue we got peak Hawks when they struggeled with the Nets (previously I wrote Bucks instead of Nets, even more damning.)

It's not entirely unhelpful is it? The Eastern conference playoffs were a horrible joke this year, the few minutes I watched (other than the last few minutes of a Wizards games where Pierce was trying to win it) bordered on the painful. Bulls-Bucks and Nets-Hawks were automatic "change the channel maybe they are re-runnign last sunday's game of thrones that I've seen 3x anyway" whenever they came on. Even the "good" games were to be endured rather than enjoyed.

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I noticed you voted Cavs in 5. You think they're going to win at least 2 out of the first 3 games in Oakland? lol should change your name to crackjunkie

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Where is the "Its not the Rockets , I don't care" option in the poll ....

<///////} GSW

<///////} Cleveland

5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Peak Hawks? The Warriors got peak Grizzlies or Rockets?

6. SamFisher

They got something a lot closer to that than the MASH unit that sputtered badly down the stretch and was effectively finished by halftime of Game 2.

I know you have a well-heeled pattern of ignoring the obvious - it's not really hard for most observers to deduce the Hawks season displayed a distinct peak in which they racked up over half their regular season win total in December and January by going a ridiculous 31-2* before going on to nearly get beaten in the playoffs by a 38-win Brooklyn Nets team that literally nobody (including the Nets) wanted to be there.

(*by contrast, the Rockets went 20-11 in that span, the Warriors who went on to post an ultra-elite record were only 23-6, and the Grizzlies were 20-10)

#186 SamFisher, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

If the Cavs beat the Warriors will that be a shocker or no?

8. SamFisher

Sure, a 52 win team beating a 67 win team is a notable upset regardless of who is involved.

9. Icehouse

The obvious is that the Bulls or Hawks are no where near lotto teams and shouldn't be considered that in an attempt to discredit someone beating them.

10. SamFisher

Nobody said the Bulls were nearly a lotto team.

Can you say the same for the 40-42 Celtics and the 1.5 RAPM Hawks (which equates to about a 34-40 win Eastern confernece team) mentioned in the Pelton article are both clearly borderline lottery teams depenidng on conference, with the border being largely demarcated by the Mississippi river

#190 SamFisher, Jun 3, 2015
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Steve Kerr on difficulty in attracting players to Cleveland: &quot;Let's face it, it's cold. It's very cold there.&quot;</p>&mdash; Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/606180651327451137">June 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Icehouse

The Hawks are not a lotto team. I think you're in the small minority on that one. I'm not going to front like they were great or that anyone expected them to come out of the East, but lotto team?

Let the hate go. lol

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">LeBron chirping to the media as he goes through stretching on the court: &quot;Back at it! They're tired of seeing me. Five years straight!&quot;</p>&mdash; Dave McMenamin (@mcten) <a href="https://twitter.com/mcten/status/606199047313985536">June 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;Same old face. They tired of seeing me, Perk! Five years straight!&quot; LeBron James <a href="http://t.co/RSCk8vqwoi">pic.twitter.com/RSCk8vqwoi</a></p>&mdash; Ben Golliver (@BenGolliver) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/606199626551562240">June 3, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Marreese Speights on stopping LeBron James: &quot;Yeah it can be done. We're the best team in the NBA.&quot;</p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/606201290067046400">June 3, 2015</a></blockquote>

#193 J.R., Jun 3, 2015
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">On Kyrie, <a href="https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN">@WindhorstESPN</a> told us he thinks something has happened to him the last three days. Doesn't think the injury talk is gamesmanship.</p>&mdash; SVP &amp; Russillo (@SVPandRussillo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SVPandRussillo/status/606156169061789696">June 3, 2015</a></blockquote>

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;It's an adjustment at this point. I'm just going to will myself to play,&quot; - said Cavs guard Kyrie Irving about his ailing knee.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/606190177489272832">June 3, 2015</a></blockquote>

16. SamFisher

Your problem is not with me, it is with Kevin Pelton.

THe Celtics RPM was 2.5, they won 40 games.

The depleted Hawks squad that the Cavs faced 2 weeks ago, had an estimated RPM of 1.5. (5.4 when fully healthy). That projects to a .500 team level. Maybe higher, maybe lower.

THat is lottery level RPM.

17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

What are the odds that ObeseHorst survives this trip to Cali with the easy access to In-n-Out Burger?

18. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I wouldn't be surprised; this situation is night and day from last year. As if Lebron wasn't responsible for everything already, he also had to be one of the main rebounders for the Heat.

This season TT and Mozgov gobble them up; TT is a better rebounder and defender than Love which has helped carried them through the playoffs. Too bad Lebron wasn't interested in maximizing Love's abilities during the season. I don't think we saw, and maybe won't see, his true potential in Cleveland.

19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I thought the Cavs were underdogs with a decent chance, but now...no chance.

That's if this is true. Windhorst has changed into saying dramatic things jsut to raise attention. I hope this is the case again.

20. Karolik

Karolik Member

well with mareese speights playing, and assuming Klay will play, then the Warriors are now 100 percent healthy..

lucky bastards.