1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015 NBA Draft/1-18] Sam Dekker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 25, 2015.

?

Do you like the pick?

1. YES

539 vote(s)
    77.7%
  2. NO

155 vote(s)
    22.3%
  1. delta69er

delta69er Member

The one thing that stood out to me watching Dekker in the tournament was his motor and tenacity. Always good to add more toughness to your squad

2. mingthething

mingthething Member

If Rudy Gay were to go to the Cavaliers , they'd have the Gay Love combo.

3. delta69er

delta69er Member

Van Horn was soft as Charmin'

4. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

so this one is hard?

5. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Aren't point guards the ones with the biggest learning curve? Marcus Smart was considered a top talent point guard and he's still adjusting and trying to break a consistent starting spot (even brought up in trade convo)

All while guys like Andrew Wiggins, Julius Randle, Anthony Davis, heck even Parsons become contributors fairly quickly, relatively.

6. mmottola26

mmottola26 Member

It's a perfect fit for me. I love to run the court, play above the rim, and attack. I'm very excited." - @dekker on being a Houston Rocket.

7. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Of all the guys they could have taken at 18, Dekker will have the most trade value in the next few weeks.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/dekker">@dekker</a> going to a great team. It's a ton of fun playing for Kevin Mchale <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBADraft?src=hash">#NBADraft</a></p>&mdash; Wally Szczerbiak (@wallyball) <a href="https://twitter.com/wallyball/status/614249693833527296">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I look forward to Sam <a href="https://twitter.com/dekker">@Dekker</a> taking a cue from his buddy <a href="https://twitter.com/AaronRodgers12">@AaronRodgers12</a> and making <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBA?src=hash">#NBA</a> opponents pay for passing on him.</p>&mdash; Jason Wilde (@jasonjwilde) <a href="https://twitter.com/jasonjwilde/status/614243981220818944">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Can he defend at the NBA level right away? Because Parson couldn't defend or at least chose not to

We are in win now mode. I don't have time to wait for him to develop. If he is stashed to the D league, that's another bust

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

12 pages no highlight video?

11. Clown Baby

Clown Baby Member

One thing about him is that I think he was held back a little on the offensive end. He's a guy that looks like he could be excellent in transition but that was never a part of the gameplan at Wisconsin where they are always one of the slowest and most methodical offenses. There were times in the tournament when Dekker looked like one of the 5 best players in the country and clearly better than Kaminsky.

At 6'9" and 220 he's not big enough to be a true PF but he has stretch 4 potential in today's league. If he can find his shot, he can be a valuable asset. I'd love to keep both KJ and Dekker, they'd be so fun to watch on the perimeter.

12. gfromda713

gfromda713 Member

Honestly it's pretty rare for a rookie to come in and play for a contender. Warriors, Cavs, Hawks, Grizzlies, Clippers, Spurs, all didn't have rookies play significant minutes. It took DMO getting hurt for Capela to see the floor. Because he sits in the D league for a year doesn't mean he is a bust, in fact that probably means we have a deep team.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Actually the one of the only thing Parsons would do his first year was defend

his Defence went to shet after he found his offense

btw what player can you pick at 18 that will play straight away play in a win now team

why are you spewing random non-sense

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

15. delta69er

delta69er Member

Hard as in tenacious and high motor

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

anyone have the draft combine stats for dekker?

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

You should really take some time to look things up before always posting all your complaints when you have no idea what you're talking about. Completely clueless. So it was parson's offense that got him PT initially? Familiarize yourself instead of whining all the time

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

How does the Harris thread have 3x posts than this one?

Dekker is soooooo boring.

19. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

So... the black Chandler Parsons?

20. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Keith Van Horn is exactly what I see from him. I don't get the pick nor do I like it with the ppl available.