1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you even watch that series?

The fact that a NBA point guard have zero situation awareness at the end of a game is not tolerable.

He got traded. with a pick.

Morey didn't trade Lin because LOFs are donkeys, he traded Lin cause he's not a competent point guard . We're trying to win a championship.

The Lakers weren't and neither are Hornets. Even though Rockets suck this year, they have the talent to make it far as shown by them beating the Spurs on Christmas.

2. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Every real rockets fan is standing up and applauding now. Tinsane and his crew of fools don`t have the mental understanding to realize it`s not one player that decide a win or lost. Their hatred toward lin and his fans and all their racists posting on asians and people from hong kong shows why there are still so many posting against them...they are not defender of clutch or the rckets but hate mongers toward lin and his fans.

QUOTE=Victorious;10224931]i disagree. I don't think Brewer gets any racial remarks like Lin at his most volatile did here.

As for the POR series, I think its lazy and such a cop out/scapegoat answer to blame it all on one person. To say Harden,Dwight and Chandler are on the different platform of talent and then blame Lin for the series, who on the lower tier, is silly. Why shouldn't the fact that Harden had a bad series (not just a bad game) and so did Parsons, factor into losing the series? If those two played up to their regular season play, we wouldn't be in positions to lose games on one play or some lucky last second shot. Maybe wouldn't need dleague bums like Troy Daniels in Game 3 and Lin in Game 5 to help us win them. Plenty of reason why we lost that series, but blaming it on solely one thing instead of looking at the bigger picture is why we are, where we are now.

And now Lin is the reason why Harden and Howard didn't work out? Hahahaah wtf man. Lets not be this ignorant. We went to the WCF finals last year. How does Lin factor into what happened this year? We're seriously going to put this years failures on Lin from two years ago? Wow and people want to blame accountability on coaches while fans are picking at straws to blame. Laughable.

I do agree that this thread should be locked. All it does is promote hatred between people. Its disgusting. The fact that we are still talking about what happened two years ago is sad.[/QUOTE]

3. sew

sew Member

รจ

The Bucks beat a full strength Warriors team. I wouldn't read too much into it.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

The Bucks didn't make the conference finals a year ago

if you really are a Rockets fan, you understand the talent on this team

if you are just saying this to prop up Lin, then that's sad

5. sew

sew Member

and the Rockets are no where near the same team they were last year. What is your point?

Also, how is me mentioning the Bucks beating the Warriors have anything to do with Lin? Did you even read my post?

6. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Why don`t you answer the reason you post negative remarks about someone from Hong Kong or bring up Asian food when replying to someone?

Do you think it`s right to tell someone to go eat wontons or taking away their bubble tea is right? Do you think if someone tells an African American to go eat fried chicken and watermelon is appropriate?

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Let's face it. Lin has shown he cannot be relied on when it comes to the playoffs and as such not many playoff teams with aspirations to go far will want him anywhere near their roster.

In NYK, he chickened out with some knee sprain before the playoffs. He wanted that big contract instead of playing for his team. Same thing against OKC. Bruised chest? WTF is that. And then he pretty much loses the Portland series with boneheaded plays.

Morey realized that and dumped him with a pick to the Lakers. He fit in well at the Lakers who were tanking and helped them secure a high pick. He then got shipped to another borderline playoff team at best with zero chance of contending to sell some seats on a min wage contract.

He does have a place in the NBA and has done well for himself. His place in the NBA belongs to a non playoff or borderline playoff team wanting to put some butts in the seats through ticket sales courtesy of the dumb and delusional Lin fans. He doesn't have a place at legit playoff teams and contenders.

8. mig0s

mig0s Member

This has to be one of the worst posts on this website, by one of the dumbest posters among CF. Doctor said he injured his knees = chicken out for playoffs?
    Whats 1 - 1? Your IQ

9. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

I think you've mis-read the room. That's a pretty broad brush you're stroking with, and one that's loaded with assumptive paint.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

You know the Bucks won because the Warriors aren't going undefeated in 82 games.

You still excuse Lin for that Portland series? that's LOFing dude. You might be one of them.

I saw the game with a bunch of Rockets fans, people wanted him off the team after that game. That whole season of his crappy string of games where he completely sucks followed by one or two decent games was terrible.

This is Lin's legacy as a Rocket:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/86xr7kUxRtQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vh_wLpQjh6k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Dumbass. Nothing about the doctors.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...cks-jeremy-lin-unwilling-play-knee-85-percent

http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2012/05/he-can-walk-jeremy-lin-should-play-wednesday.html

It's the playoffs and Lin himself said he was 85%

I don't think many players except mental midgets like Lin would miss an important playoff series when they are 85% fit.

yes he chickened out. Yes he was selfish and was waiting on the contract.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

He's a liar using google translate to communicate with you dude.
    He's so dumb he doesn't realize why there are so many chinese ads on clutchfans.

redearth,

you have a better time talking to a dead skunk on the side of the road than a Lin fan. The skunk smells better

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Lin's playoff legacy:

Knicks : 'injured'
    Rockets: OKC - 'bruised chest'
    Rockets: Portland -'mo williams'

14. sew

sew Member

When have I ever excused Lin for his playoff performances? I've called him hot garbage come playoff time countless times. This is just another case of you NEVER reading nor comprehending anything.

It's getting embarassing now.

15. sew

sew Member

quote me one time where I have excused Lin for his playoff performance.

tinman truly is the king of making **** up.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

you question that the Rockets don't have the talent to be a competitor on a Lin thread by saying that the bucks beat the warriors?

You're an embarrassment. Do me a favor, don't call yourself a Rockets fan.

17. sew

sew Member

Once again, you're not discussing the topic at hand. I have never once excused Lin for his ****ty performance in the playoffs. I caught you lying. that makes you a hypocrite.

I mentioned the Bucks beating the Warriors, because you mentioned the Rockets beating the Spurs as proof that the Rockets can go far.

I'd contend that using one game in the regular season to make such a proclamation is asinine. And don't try and tell me you think this Rockets team is the same as the one that made the WCF.

Nothing at all to do with Lin. You want it to be about Lin - which says a lot about you.

18. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

I'm not going to say it was a Lin fan who posted that Jeremy Lin is like Bruce Lee. I won't say that it was a Lin fan who posted that Jeremy Lin is like Jackie Robinson. Nor will I say that it was a Lin fan who posted that Jeremy Lin is like Rosa Parks. I'm not gonna say it, I'm not gonna say that various Lin fans have tried to make Lin out be some great racial barrier busting icon, cuz if I did, there would be a lot I could say. But I'm not gonna say it.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Exactly. Cleveland had issues with point guard health and they made the finals last year.

They wouldn't touch Lin , they'd rather go with the Delly.

I can't imagine LeBron watching Lin fk up in the playoffs , he toss him back to Palo Alto if they got 'mo williamsed'

20. tinman

Supporting Member

This is a Lin thread you idiot