1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Between Byron Scott and Kobe there are 8 championships.

Lin did nothing for the lakers

2. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Houston paid Lin $10M for 2 seasons. That means that Lin was paid $5M/season. Bev currently makes $6M/season.

Lin fans know math.

3. yoeddy

Every player who left the Lakers after last season has been having a better season this year.

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

lol, tinmac got a free math lesson today!

i thought it was christmas break but tinmac got taken to school today!

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

That remains to be seen. I'm of the opinion that bench players shouldn't lose you games and Lin has a history. He's started well in Charlotte but he has to sustain it.

That's true but literally every NBA team has passed on Lin. Some multiple times. He has not been a solid bench player up until this season. Outside of "Linsanity" he's been sub par hence him bouncing team to team.

You're not making a point here it's grasping for straws. Stevie Wonder could tell you Ty isn't playing well let alone up to his contract. However, we will see what he nets us as an expiring before you can call it a mistake. I don't want Lin for a dollar. Already seen that act and went to the concession stand

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

You can say I'm spreading the truth about Lin, as tinman likes to say. He's an average NBA player. Decent rotational player. Lin's mistakes in the series are solely his own, and they did come at very inopportune times. Still, had the team played well, they never would have been in that situation. Dwight was the only person that played well. In a team game, one person isn't to blame for losing a best of 7 series.
    You've said many times that he doesn't belong in the NBA. Now you're moving the needle, as it always happens when evaluating Lin. We had to give up a 1st round to drop him because of his contract, which I'll remind you that Daryl "The God" Morey gave him, at the suggestion of Les "Keep Increasing Ticket Prices" Alexander to draw his fanbase in what many thought would be a tanky year, but expectations changed when we traded for Harden. Lakers benched Lin because he wasn't in their plans for the future and he was financially motivated to play well, which didn't jive with their tank attitude. Lin was picked up in the offseason, so somebody wanted him, and many have rated his signing as one of the more underrated offseason signings.

7. King1

Any Lin fans want to make tip jar bets on the game?

8. yoeddy

If he has been "sub par", why did Houston play him 28 minutes per game, even coming off the bench?

9. tinman

Supporting Member

You apparently don't understand team only fans.
    Go to the lakers board and ask them was kobe or byron scott worth it.

8 championships and a few bad seasons.

Or jeremy lin fans.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

You need to ask what currency, it might be hong kong dollars

11. King1

Welcome to the the Internet, Duncan. For someone who frequents this thread you're quite naive. I've given plenty of thought out responses. I also mess with idiots. If you can't separate the two then I don't know what to tell you. I'm taking away blame from our organization signing him to that ridiculous contract. That's not his fault it's ours butmo matter how you add it up he wasn't even close to worth even a fraction of that money here. Lakers benched him because he was playing terrible. Charlotte got him dirt cheap when every other player was break ing the bank. Don't lie to yourself

12. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Tinsane? The cat got your tongue? You are getting owner and abuse by real Lin Fans...not LOFs extremists..but Fans of Lin who are rocket fans, astros fans, cos go Mets fans, and fans of you sexy culo females....you are a loh that have no life and worst of all not even a good rocket fan.

13. yoeddy

Not sure what your point is. Are you saying that Lakers fans love Byron Scott as a head coach? And that he makes great decisions because he was a role player on a loaded Lakers team a couple of decades ago? Are you saying that Lakers fans are happy that the team is paying Kobe $25M/year, hamstringing their ability to sign big-name FAs and delaying rebuilding because of cap issues? Jeremy Lin was a non-factor for the Lakers, I agree...but Byron Scott is the ultimate Tank Commander (intentional or not) and Kobe is having his mid-life crisis.

Don't talk to me about being a team fan. I was a team fan of arguably one of the worst NBA franchises of all time for over 2 decades...thick and thin, buddy. Thick and thin.

14. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

I wonder what will happen in this thread if Lin scores 30 tonight and hits the game winning shot?

15. yoeddy

Lin easily played to the level expected of a $5M/year PG. $5M/year is below the average for a starting PG in the NBA.

And the Lakers didn't bench him because he was terrible. They benched him because Kobe wanted to improve his standing on the career scoring rankings and wanted someone to give him the ball and get out of the way.

16. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

All of this is true... but doesn't fit the Lin hater narrative lol

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

No, the Lakers were tanking.

Funny how everybody in the world knows this but Lin haters.

18. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

TINSANE...what? no answer

19. tinman

Supporting Member

I'd rather have beverly over lin.
    For the playoffs, his defensive ability is more important than lin running down the lane like a chicken on fire.

Also, i can't fault morey for going for lawson, his history as a solid point guard was consistent.

This is like when the mavs got rondo and didn't mesh.

But, it's not even half a season.
    I'll give lawson more time.

Should be better than 2 years of lin

20. mig0s

mig0s Member

lol at people being mad at 2 years of Lin for a turnover in the playoffs, but stay indifferent to the fact that Harden bricked and didn't show up the first 4 games