1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] James Harden the return of the defensive juggernaut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RESINator, May 11, 2016.

1. Harden's beard

did you even understand my analogy?

when your team's offense sucks, you blame the main offensive guy

when your team's defense sucks, you blame the main defensive guy

is that hard to understand?

and who asks Dwight to cover all players? he doesn't even cover his man right. he got killed by top centers around the league this year, because again Dwight became very slow footed and doesn't contest shots anymore. If Dwight's defense is not the problem, why do you think we do better defensively when Capela in on the court? Dwight ranks below average in rim protection and doesn't rotate nor box out. He's getting paid $ 22million to do this one job right, which he has failed miserably.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah and that analogy is just stupid. But I guess it goes along with the theme lets blame one person but its never Harden's fault around here. This post shows exactly how far off a lot of people are when it comes to the problems of this team. No one else is allowed to be held accountable #blamedwight #itsdwightsfault.

3. Harden's beard

It's Harden's fault when our offense underperforms and there is an evidence to suggest that Harden is not doing well offensively. THEN, it makes sense to blame Harden.

By the same line of reasoning, our defense sucked this year and Dwight didn't do well defensively. He's our main defensive guy, so it makes perfect sense to put two and two together. This should be obvious by the fact that our defense improved when Capela was on the court instead of Dwight. Only DOFs such as yourself can't acknowledge this self-evident truth.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

And what a false sense of reasoning all around. Of course you would resort to defend yourself by calling someone else a DOF when my entire history holds everyone accountable unlike yourself. It's just hard for you to do it.

#blamedwight #itsdwightsfault.

5. Harden's beard

Houston Rockets Are Better Off Without Dwight Howard

http://spacecityscoop.com/2016/03/28/houston-rockets-better-off-without-howard/

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

7. Harden's beard

DOFs gonna DOF

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup #blamedwight #itsdwightsfault

9. Harden's beard

but...but.... Dwight does suck tho? :confused:

10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

This is an extremely ignorant point of view.

A single player can carry an offense. That's been done many times in NBA history.

However, team defense requires 5 committed defenders. A strong defensive anchor can compensate for weaker perimeter defenders, but even the best defensive anchor can't compensate for an incompetent perimeter defender.

When Harden's defense goes into matador-mode, he should be benched. At that point, he's a net negative on the court. Allowing opposing offenses to play 5 vs 4 guarantees them victory.

Yet you think this is somehow Howard's fault?

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

omg Harden's beard if you are really J.A. Medders can I have your autograph? pm me for my snail mail address. ;)

12. Harden's beard

a single guy can't carry the entire team's offense. not even MJ, Shaq or Curry can do that.

and miraculously Capela has no problem playing with Harden and post good defensive numbers while they are together on the court. I wonder what's changed? Harden likes Capela more? I'm sure Dwight being out is not the most significant factor here.

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Jordan, Kobe, and Iverson all carried their entire team's offense at some point in their careers.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. It's largely incoherent.

In any case, it doesn't address Harden's poor perimeter defense as it relates to team defense.

14. Harden's beard

no one carry's the entire offense. at some point you will need help.

And it does address Dwight's poor defense as it relates to team defense.

Harden-Capela and Harden-Motiejunas combo do BETTER defensively than Harden-Dwight combination.

But, Dwight-Harden is actually better defensively than Dwight-Beverly, Dwight-Brewer and Dwight-Terry combo.

Do the calculation.

http://stats.nba.com/league/lineups...upQuantity=2&sort=MIN&dir=1&TeamID=1610612745

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Jordan/Kobe/Iverson have carried their teams' offenses to the same extent that Harden carried the Rockets' offense.

If you're saying that Jordan/Kobe/Iverson didn't carry their team's offense, then neither did Harden.

How? Please try to be coherent.

What's the point? The results wouldn't be meaningful b/c they don't factor in minutes, strength of opponents as a whole, or opponent substitution patterns.

16. Harden's beard

I said no one carries the entire offense, not just offense. you put MJ with 4 other total scrubs, and that team will lose 100%.

And typical nonsensical response by DOF. I've presented solid, factual evidence and all you did is come back with 'that not perfect' line. Guess what, there is no such thing as the perfect stat. Everything depends on context. But you don't have anything to back up your argument, whereas I do. That's the difference.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

but it doesn't matter bc the backup you try to use is irrelevant. just stupid logic here.

Advanced stats would state Joey Dorsey would average a double double in extended minutes. Do you believe that too? You probably would

18. Harden's beard

As I said, Harden-Capela and Harden-Motiejunas >> Harden-Dwight defensively.

But, Dwight-Harden >> Dwight-Beverly, Dwight-Brewer and Dwight-Terry defensively.

Who is more of a defensive liability to whom?

Harden does better on D without Howard.

Howard does best on D with Harden.

I rest my case.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

you never had one from the beginning

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]