1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015/2016 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Raz

Raz Member

Let's just hope we don't need him against Juventus and the other big games coming up. At least he can play on the right wing as well.

2. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Proud of the brehs at lfc for coming up big on defense when it mattered. Clearly we didn't need any new signings.

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Wow, how did that happen? The talent drought. Were there issues with the Bayern youth coaches over the last 5 plus years or issues scouting young talent in Germany and around the world? I never hear much about top young talent at Bayern lately but I always hear what Barca, Madrid, Milan, Juve, etc all have. I just checked and noticed there was not a single Bayern player on the German U20 team for the WC last year and there was only one Bayern youngster on the U17 team for the WC!!! This can't just be on the coaching staff that just stepped down and character issues with some of the talent right? There's gotta be some blame with the scouts and even the Technical Director right?

Just thinking about it, the last two or so cycles of the U17 world cup, I've barely heard/read any of the top players from those tournaments (when discussing the clubs they were considering signing with) mention Bayern. The top scorer from the last U17 WC, Victor Osimhen, signed with Werder Bremen recently. I figure a club like Bayern could have just swooped in and brought the kid and his family to meet with Pep, Muller, Lewandowski, Gotze, Neuer, etc and it would be a done deal before Werder Bremen would know what happened.

Hopefully Bayern get the youth situation sorted so more Mullers, Lahms, etc come through. Just crazy to think their youth situation isn't in top gear.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Its time for Pep to rule England with an iron fist. He has to clean up the backline and bring in a new mid to replace Yaya. Then he will need to get Sterling, KDB, and Sergio to be the beasts of the southern wild and for the love of god sell Jesus Navas and his worthless ass.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Atletico just sold Jackson Martinez to Guangzhou Evergrande for 42mil,ridiculous to see guys like him and Ramires leave for China in their prime.

Three Chinese Clubs are apparently interested in signing Yaya Touré, annual salary would be roughly 30mil! John Terry rumoured to being offered 40mil!

Crazy how much money Chinese teams spend on players now, in a few years they could have CL quality.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Liverpool failed with their 35mil offer for Alex Teixeira and now apparently Jiangsu (who just bought Ramires) are close to signing him, 50mil offer.

This is getting ridiculous, Chinese brehs are going nuts.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is an immensely large market for very good football outside of Europe.
    TV broadcasting rights are expensive, second only to the Big 4 European leagues.

With stars coming in, the 5 biggest ball clubs there will have attendances up to 45.000 a game.

I think they are going to outdo the MLS, the Mexican league, the Middle East and even Russian league pretty soon.

Bummer that the national side is not up to standard, would use new policies to do better work at academies and grass roots programs.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

China just started a huge football program last year. They currently have 5000 academies and want to make it 55000 by 2025. The country is heavily investing in football right now and it will show in the future.

Also aiming to be World Cup hosts, building two new training centres for the national team, establishing a league association with independent marketing, etc.

1 person likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

was fun watching the band together

Teixeira, Adriano, Douglas Costa, Willian, Jadson plus Mkhitaryan Miki

Shakthar brehs

11. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Man eff Yaya's agent...

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Pep joining Man City will be another reason to dislike that club.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Just another reason to squash the infidel and drink the blood of his goats.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You guys should try to get Alexis Sanchez.

He suits Pep's style and Wenger being greedy as he his, will cough him up if you overpay.

Alexis and De Bryune on wings would be very nice.

Also, not sure if Aguerro can stay off the injured list with Pep's pressing style.

15. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Barca 7
    Valencia 0

Like holy shyte... Valencia is playing crappy as of late but still. Neville might be getting sacked here pretty soon.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Is Guardiola going to lure couple Bayern stars away to City?

17. ferrari77

Why tho? The latest he said is that Yaya will most likely have to leave City in the summer...because of Pep and I think most already know that will happen, after how Pep used him(didn't use him properly) at Barca and then showed him the exit.
    I'm sure he already has the mid to replace Yaya as #1 on his to do list lol.

18. ferrari77

[​IMG]

Oh Garay Neville, words coming back to haunt him.

I hope the Valencia owner is sending gifts to Rafa Benitez to lure him back there in the summer (if Neville doesn't sink his team by then).

1 person likes this.
  19. ferrari77

Talking about expensive tv rights, the Chinese (I guess Super Sports Media specifically) got one over the Premier League execs with their tv contract it seems. I think out of all the major countries in the world, China pay the least for PL rights. I might be wrong but I believe their deal is for about $10.7 mill for 6 years and then they have the balls to show almost half of the matches on pay per view in China.

I did see this

http://screamer.deadspin.com/don-t-look-now-but-china-s-buying-up-a-lot-of-good-pla-1755273200

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thanks for the good read.

Well, when I am in China I was paying like 20-25 bucks for the complete annual Premier league package in Standard definition, and for HD you probably pay 10 more.
    (the prices are a rough assessment)

Now regarding the couple of points touched on in the article:

Luiz Adriano used a private jet to a one day vacation in China.
    During the negotiations he frequently called his family (Brazil or Milano)
    and then stated to the Italian media afterwards "Half of his salary is not guaranteed". That fell through.
    Speculation was he tried to barter for more income.

Same goes for Tiote.

The Corinthians raid is funny because I think the club is used to export players just not to China, now Brazilians are doing it since 2012.
    Pato was gone as well and Vagner Love, Malcom, Arambarri to France.

Elias- a matter of time.

According to Asian media experts, Brazilians under contract can get out of their contract more easily than their European counterparts.

A fee (signature fee? or you call it annulment fee) has been negotiated from the get go and the sum is fixed.

That said I would grab of bag of popcorn and enjoy it while it lasts.