1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015/2016 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Oh yea I feel the same way.(I follow Real in La Liga)

I was just stating what was mostly going on in most news Outlet.

I still see De Gea leaving but its very doubtful Ramos would leave Madrid.

-Apparently Firmino is VERY close to signing with Liverpool.Some outlets even saying its a done deal.

As a Liverpool supporter I would be ecstatic, he looks a lot like Suarez when he first got to Anfield from Ajax. Tactically he can play anywhere on the front line,traditionally he plays like a number 10/False 9. With the way Pool plays tho I can see him playing as a lone striker or link up with Sturridge like how Suarez did. Really hope BR goes back to the 4-4-2 Diamond,that was our best formation IMO.

2. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Breh, where's the Clutchfans discount?? Do promo codes stack-up? Cuz I could add the European Football Thread discount on top of the Clutchfans one. :grin:

Man you gotta put them in their place... show them who the boss is.

3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Ah crap dude, my bad. Sigh, that's why I don't sell product out here on the CF streets. :(

Lol please follow both! It'll mess with Rox1 and REEKO when they see you show Madrid love and then later show Barca some love. I'll enjoy it!:grin:

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Official: Firmino to Liverpool for 41mil. This kinda came out of nowhere, only heard rumors of this yesterday.

Nice transfer for Liverpool, he should be a key player from the start. Good to see a Bundesliga Club finally rake in good cash for a player, we sold our players for peanuts in the past.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I never understood football transfer rules. We haven't sold Sterling yet, where is all this money coming from? I so confuse

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Congrats on signing Hoffenheim's Roberto Firmino, Poolers FC

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I think it's safe to say Sterling is going. And UEFA rules are a bit loose, as long as your annual spendings aren't significantly higher than your earnings, you're pretty much welcome to spend as much as you please.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Investors, Marketing and investor groups, Abramoviches of this world, oligarchs

A traditional ballclub like Real had massive debts over the course of years and probably still has

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

A traditional ballclub like Bayern has zero debts. ;)
    It's not impossible to be a healthy powerhouse without having a billionaire investment group spending money for you.

UEFA sadly doesn't give a **** about debts, as long as the annual sheet is okay. They should make it a rule that clubs have to reduce their debts to a healthy amount before spending millions again, won't happen though.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

I have no idea who Firmino is, I hope he's good. But if he turns out to be a star, the Spanish giants or City/Chelsea/Arsenal will probably come take him away.

I hope he doesn't have a release clause.

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Rumors stating Pogba will stay at Juve for one more season (for UCL purposes), and then go to Barca in 2016.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Well if he wants to play competitively he kind of has to lol.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

For the Liverpool guys:
    This video is pretty representative and he isn't one of the guys where you need one season for a 5min clip, he does this on the regular.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8nmDgDL4t-4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. The Stig

The Stig Member

Schneiderlin is getting his future resolved very soon. Any of United, Arsenal, or Spurs could be in for him though I think it's the two former. Gundogan front has gone quiet, meaning I think he stays at BVB. United supposedly in for Schweinsteiger, who I like very much but can't see happening IRL.

United about to launch a bid for Ramos. I'm not sure what to make of this. RB front has gone cold, with Liverpool on the brink of hijacking Clyne from United.

I would like us to get a forward, notably Lacazette from Lyon but I haven't heard anything about them targeting a forward. I thought Manzukic would've been a nice signing so props to Juventus for snagging him.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Travesty for AC Milan

Lost both Kondogbia and Jackson to others

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Francis Coquelin had a breakthrough year for Arsenal this past season.

I wonder how Scheniderlin feels about competing with him on Arsenal.

If Arsenal do pull it off then Petr Cech + Schneiderlin signing will be very good ones for them.

Arteta and Flamini behind Coquelin is not going to cut it if they want to contend for the league title.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Another Gunners fan?

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Leo spoke for Angel, now he is going to Barcelona, most likely

19. The Stig

The Stig Member

Bayern, please stay away from di Maria.

Apparently, they're on the verge of signing Douglas Costa for EUR 35m. Probably Yung-T or ATW can verify this. Griezmann is apparently on their radar too. Just stay away from di Maria. I'm backing him to shine next season (hopefully)

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Rumors are always crazy at this point

Some Spanish newspapers indicating Barca want Di Maria which is tough to believe when they already have MSN up top. Di Maria also indicated he'd like to stay