1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015/16 Russell Westbrook Watch!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t_mac1, Nov 23, 2015.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

As of today, his averages are: 28.7ppg, 10.2apg, 7.6rpg, 2.5spg on 47% fg.

BEAST.

2. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Touché, dude is what we refer to as " Ghost Face Killa".

3. sew

sew Member

He has ~40% USG w/o Durant in the line-up.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

47% isn't that efficient for a perimeter player, that's just ok so really his average of 28.7 ppg is not because he's unstoppable rather he just chucks a lot with Durant out, just like last season.

The real beast here is Stephen Curry, the difference between him and WB is like the difference between Durant and Rudy Gay.

5. sew

sew Member

47% for a perimeter player is more than just OK. Especially considering how much of the load he has to shoulder offensively.

Steph is just on another level.

6. malakas

malakas Member

I hate watching Westbrook. He's reckless and ballhog and just plain frustrating. I would hate to have him in my team because I would end up being bipolar. Last night I dont' care what his stats said he played bad. Turnovers Turnovers and fast rashed decisions that led to nothing.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That's why Beastbrook is so fun to watch. The variance in his play is so large. He's completely unpredictable.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Its a loop, people excuse his chucking because he is shouldering the load, this gives him the license to chuck even more so he shoulders the load even more so people excuse his chucking even more etc. Last year it got so bad he was taking more shots than the entire starting 4 combined, and when you looked at the over all stats OKC actually lost more than when they won when WB had one of his "beastly 40 pt games" that Tmac_1 loved so much. Who decided that OKC had no other scorer other than him? When he was the one out last last year KD led a very balanced scoring team, OKC actually added more offensive pieces like Kanter/Morrow/Waiters suddenly nobody else can score?

The question is are you more interested in seeing individual greatness like Tmac_1 or are you actually interested in seeing OKC win? There's a reason why teams on winning teams don't hog the ball, it's more efficient and condusive to winning to pass it around, unless you happen to be an unstoppable scorer like Stephen Curry.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

In what universe is that? NBA2K?

47% is superb for a perimeter player. The problem is he will not continue this efficiency for the entire season.

10. Lovemachine2000

Dumbass post of the day here. Harden, a poster child of efficiency (or used to be, before this season), is shooting 44% for his career and never shot over 46% as a Rocket. 47% is legit.

11. sew

sew Member

Just for context.

Steph shot 48% from the field last year.

12. malakas

malakas Member

If you finding it fun then good for you. I think it's disgusting.

Last year his USG% wasn't just huge..it was historically huge. In the history of the NBA he had one of the biggest USG%.
    I mean if you like : boneheaded plays, chucking, turnovers, and dunks then ok. If you want a winning team playing team ball..then you should be disgusted.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This underscores the obvious point: there just are not any very good perimeter players... in the NBA.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

48% FG while shooting so many 3s is pretty damn good

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

People provide Westbrook disclaimers about his Usage rate, then those same people like to show Oscar Robertson's stats as legendary, when he averaged over 42.2 mpg for his entire career.

When Oscar was scoring >30 pt/gm, he was logging 46 mpg. :eek:

Westbrook is better than Oscar and so are his numbers.

16. heypartner

Holy mackeral this is so wrong. I think you are referring to post players.

sorry we are all piling on your post. But you are a pretty weird poster sometimes when it comes to your NBA world view. Like as weird as "what" is.

17. boiler

boiler Member

What about his TOs?

18. malakas

malakas Member

what does mpgs have to do with usage???
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/usg_pct_season.html
    Here is the list NBA AND ABA

As you can see last year Westbrook had the SECOND highest usage at the history of the league at 38.37% slightly less than Kobe Bryant's 2005-2006 and more than what A.I the ballhog ever achieved.

19. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Oscar was also more of a PG, playing in an era where FG% were depressed, defenses were more physical (but less sophisticated), and assists were considerably harder to get credit for. It's just dumb to even try to compare players from eras separated by 50 years.

The issue with Westbrook is whether he should be playing like this when Durant is in the lineup. I would say no; he scores less efficiently than KD, turns the ball over more frequently than KD, and IMO plays even less disciplined on defense when he's in full-on attack mode.

He's probably the most uniquely fun and frustrating player to watch in the league.

20. heypartner

malakas.

usage stats are not available for Oscar's era. look again

46 mpg and exceedingly high pace of games are the main reasons Oscar could put up numbers like Westbrook is now