1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 World Cup - Brazil

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ivenovember, Dec 3, 2013.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

USA should be favored against Ghana, pick em against Portugal and underdog againt Germany, very tough but certainly doable.

DD

2. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

the team in CONCACAF that got the worst group is Costa Rica with Uruguay, Italy and England.

Mexico is not going to be the same team that played in the qualifying, and I think they have a chance to advance to the 2nd round, but they wont win against Spain, Holland.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

getting out of the group stages is almost 60% luck. Only 3 matches means anything can happen.

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I don't think the world would be large enough to hold my bitterness if Mexico somehow made it through the group stage, and the USA did not.

5. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I would not be pleased either. Mexico does not deserve to be in the WC. Certainly not over teams like Sweden and Burkina Faso. USA deserved a better draw.

6. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

So why does the US always seem to be stuck with Ghana? If Americans actually cared, Ghana would basically be the soccer equivalent of the Jazz or something.

7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

It's not that bad. I mentioned elsewhere that Argentina and Nigeria will be meeting IN THE GROUP STAGES for the FOURTH TIME! Lol it's not really a problem or an issue for Argentina but I'm sure Nigerians are sick and tired of having Argentina in every World Cup group except for 1998.

Without a doubt agreed. As mentioned a few posts earlier, other more deserving teams. Even if discounting Sweden and BFaso I would have loved to see Panama there instead. Oh well, Mexico made it and now it's up to Brazil, Cameroon and Croatia to make sure El Tri don't make it out.

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Uh NO. Why would they be favoured against a team they haven't defeated or even drawn with in two previous meetings??

Anyway a tough group but doable as you said.
    I know a bunch of USMNT players are going with the Rick Flair style response in regard to the group draw-To be the best you've gotta beat the best

But I think this was the best and funniest response

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sexy group <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23LetsDoThis&amp;src=hash">#LetsDoThis</a></p>&mdash; Aron Jóhannsson (@aronjo20) <a href="https://twitter.com/aronjo20/statuses/409010662330089472">December 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

We will be forged by the tough draw! It's better we play the best than sneak by and get destroyed in the 2nd round.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Because the USA is better than them now, and is equal to if not better than Portugal - but clearly behind Germany.

I think the USA has a 50/50 chance of advancing with Germany.

DD

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No national team would say or want this. It's the World Cup. It only comes once every 4 years

12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Exactly its the World Cup you are not going to play any scrubs that is the point of it!

13. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

So, I'm surprised no one on here has commented on the allegations that the draw was rigged.. Thoughts?

#tinfoilhaton

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

#whywouldanyonebesurprisedifFIFAwascheatingagain?

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Only Euros hate Blatter?

16. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Yup silly me.

17. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Well, I really don't see how it really benefits Brazil or Argentina. I mean they have an "easy group" but then to get the finals will be tough. Chile got fu**d!

18. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

ESPN 10 Questions for the World Cup

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I will be cheering for Belgium.