1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 World Cup - Brazil

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ivenovember, Dec 3, 2013.

1. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I do not think he should be suspended for a long time. I think the foul on hulk was much worse than the foul on neymar.
    Unfortunatly neymar got injured. But there have been much worse fouls that did not result in injury

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

C'mon guys, let us talk about the best two teams (statistically) are out of the WC.
    or to say the most balanced two teams

Colombia and France

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Zuniga's GF..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1e0WHPvER8s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am guessing it is the same ref as well.

1 person likes this.
  4. arno_ed

I do not think anybody thought these where the two best teams. I excpected both to lose in the QF and they did.

5. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That game was a disgrace. I really hate the way Brazil came out and decided to beat the hell out of Rodriguez. Fernandinho was given the job to shadow him and hurt him from the beginning of the game and the ref lets him get away with it.

Zuniga absolutely turned dirty after the ref was allowing so much and then he is allowed to have free reign on the field as well.

And those were just the hog things. So many more no calls on blatant fouls or cheating (rushing the free kick).

That ref and his assistants should be looked at and demoted.

Too bad about Neymar but I certainly don't mind Brazil losing in the next round. They went from unconvincing and shaky to dirty and me actively rooting against them.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I know. They had some pretty stats though.... even against Germany and Brazil.

Colombia and James scored in every game for example.
    And France only got two goals against Switzerland after they were firing on all cylinders.

Bad matchup I guess. "Joga Bonito", the Beautiful game does not win you the title obviously but one can hope.

7. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

The ref really lost control of this match. Of course the players were going to crank up the severity of the fouls if they weren't getting punished with cards. Brazil have tried to control matches with "professional fouls" and it was obvious they would try and do this to limit Colombia's flowing style.

The lack of protection from the ref led to the game spiralling out of control. Of course that doesn't excuse these ridiculous career-threatening tackles, but there's an authority figure out there for a reason. I'm upset that Neymar is out - I want the best players in the World Cup. It makes Germany's job a lot easier, especially with Silva out as well. Not sure how FIFA will make their ideal Brazil - Argentina final happen now!

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am still convinced both Mexico and Chile were two of the best teams and deserved to be in the Quarterfinals.

You might not agree but sometimes it really depends on one game....
    Colombia can win 99 games and lose 1 game but that game had to be against Brazil yesterday.

Well, we will see. I'd rather Netherlands win the WC than Germany, at least they play with pure strikers.

This Guardiola style of Tiki Bayern will fall as Spain showed.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you are talking about Zuniga, that dude got not a single yellow card in four games that he started.

Check it.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I wasn't hoping for an injury, but I was thinking that Brazil ought to be getting a lot more yellow cards. The keeper could have gotten a red card for that penalty tackle, too!

And we might just see a Germany - Netherlands final! :eek:

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. conquistador#11

thanks for the gifs. i was watching the univision broadcast and their replays suck, but they're the announcers i prefer so you have take the good with the bad.

zuniga thought he was in shaolin soccer. now it's up to argentina and costa rica to represent the americas. =(

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

*giggles*

lose the rage brah. Your anger is misdirected

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Zero sympathy for divemar. When you go tumbling around like that and taking blatant dives every single game, spending large amounts of time rolling on the floor, karma will bite you back hard during the most difficult times.

It is not even like divemar tries to embellish contact, he just goes dive, flop, dive. Must be the Barca school of diving, drama, play acting and theatrics ;)

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Belgium looks outclassed these first 7 minutes. They can't keep the ball at all and Argentina is just winning it in the midfield. Great goal.

If the US played against Argentina, it would be a slaughter.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Expect some things from Prince Harry

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

So he deserved literally a broken back? Lol, dude has a fractured vertebra! Hahahahahahahahaaaa

Classy, dude. Classy.

18. arno_ed

1-0 argentina. Come on little brother

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You missed my point. He doesn't deserve a broken back but neither does he deserve the large amounts of sympathy shown to a perennial blatant diver like Neymar.

No one deserves injury but injury is part of the sport. Some players will get sympathy while other will not because of the actions that have preceeded the injury.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

the Maria is out