1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

2014 World Cup - Brazil

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ivenovember, Dec 3, 2013.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Yeah not totally. He didn't get as much leeway as De Gea and he played quite well for the majority of the games he played. He made a mistake in the UCL and that was big. It wasn't a Taibbi but still it didn't help. To say he washed out is quite misleading. He had a fantastic first season at OT. The mistake vs Porto was his undoing but if you want to talk about United goalkeepers that washed out then I'd refer you to Barthez, Bosnich, Ricardo and Taibbi just for starters.

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Huh? You might have comprehension issues.

You wrote that the Brazil vs Colombia matchup was basically "Neymar vs James" and some part "Oscar vs Cuadrado".
    I THEN ASKED you..what about Brazil's strikers vs Colombia's strikers(and then I stated that edge would go to Colombia). Not sure how that was "derailing it" when you were talking about possible factors in the match. I'm pretty sure I wasn't talking about German strikers in a discussion about Brazil vs Colombia so not quite sure what your deal is.:confused:

For someone talking quite a bit about "defensive attitudes" you seem to be on one yourself chief.:grin::grin::grin: Lol in the post I wrote in response I never implied nor assumed you were belittling Colombian strikers. I pointed out how I felt they'd play a part in the match and be more effective than their Brazilian counterparts. (Reading slowly is the first part of the battle, it's ok.)

Keep telling yourself you're not wrong if that makes you feel better. At this point you seem a bit riled up and need to calm the heck down and have a seat somewhere. I have zero interest in arguing with you over a post that didn't involve you! If there's no "argumentation" to be had here then why the heck are you persisting with a ridiculous argument that, let me state again- Does.Not. Involve.You???
    You responded to a post that wasn't even directed at you and yet you want to keep at it. Who is making a fuss out of nothing at the moment?
    Mate, if a post was directed at someone else and not at you, why are you getting your panties in a bunch and getting all riled up when IT DOESNT INVOLVE YOU?

If there's nothing else then child keep it moving. :grin::grin::grin:

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

4. SexyButIgnorant

FIFA Castrol Index has David Luiz as the World Cup's best player. Lol, that's kinda funny.

Castrol Index Best 11
    Claudio Bravo
    David Luiz
    Johan Djorou
    David Luiz
    Jan Vertonghen
    James Rodriguez
    Ivan Perisic
    Phillip Lahm
    Angel Di Maria
    Karim Benzema
    Arjen Robben

I only cite it because Claudio Bravo is selected top goalkeeper. :) In a World Cup where Ochoa, Navas, Howard, Romero, and Cesar are getting praise, it's nice to seem my captain get some as well.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

All the keepers maybe except Cillesen and Muslera who were only ok were fabulous

Bravo deserves to be playing for Barca

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

among those in the Round of 16

7. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

So many of the german players are not feeling well. Lets hope they feel better tomorow.

8. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think they will feel too well when playing France. I am a bit biased towards France I admit but I see it as a bad match for Germany unless there have been some serious strategy changes.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

France will once again fall to the German Blitzkrieg.

DD

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

(Chuckle)

I thought we were thru with the WWII references. ;)

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

First time Maracana today.

12. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please don't run onto the field and spend the night in a Brazilian prison.

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

are you going to be at the France/Germany game? Awesome

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

had to laugh hahaha

15. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Allez les Bleus!

16. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Will be rooting for Germany today! Hope they can beat the French and make it all the way to the Final Game!

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Klose starting today, hope this gives us some punch for the offense.
    Lahm finally starting at right back, but don't get why Höwedes is still playing as LB after his horrible performances. Central back duo Hummels&Boateng is nice.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I don't know who to root for. I don't like the French that much.
    Go Germany?

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Hell yea. Schlaaand.

20. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

The F? Now Univision wants a Cable provider on the web stream!? So much for watching the games anymore...:mad: