1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 NFL Combine

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Brandyon, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Who cares about being an All American selection? Watch the game tape, EVERY team was absolutely afraid of Clowney, not running to his side of the field, almost never taking long drop backs and double and triple teaming him the few times they did. Other teammates got free runs at the QB because they were so worried about Clowney beating them. He was absolutely the most disruptive player in college football this year no matter what the counting stats said.

2. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

So in other words, it was your opinion?

3. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Bottom line is he needs to convince coaches and GM's that he is about winning football games and not playing for a big contract.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not just mine, but yes, it is my opinion as well. I'd imagine that most people who knew what they were looking at would say the same if they actually watched the tape.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Hahahahahahaahah this kid.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I was agreeing with the point Dubious was making... Stating that if the Texans target Clowney as their #1 pick, they are more likely to get a team willing to trade for him. If the Texans indicate that they are gonna stick with getting that QB "need", the Texans will have a zero percent chance of being able to trade back.

There is one clear cut player that justifiably is worth the #1 pick and that is Clowney. Trading up for anyone else is just idiotic. Im sure if you read the contexts of posts, you would understand a bit more...

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Larry Webster of Bloomsburg. 6'6" 250. I mentioned him a couple of weeks ago in another thread. Dude tore up the D-line drills. Probably moving to TE, and would have had the 2nd best 40 time, after AC Leonard who looks more like a fullback to me.

Maybe the next Jimmy Graham.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Quarterback Ball Velocity at NFL Combine
    Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech 60
    Stephen Morris, Miami 59
    Tom Savage, Pittsburgh 57
    Blake Bortles, Central Florida 56
    Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois 56
    Jeff Mathews, Cornell 56
    Keith Wenning, Ball State 56
    Jordan Lynch, Northern Illinois 55
    Tajh Boyd, Clemson 54
    Bryn Renner, North Carolina 54
    David Fales, San Jose State 53
    AJ McCarron, Alabama 53
    Dustin Vaughan, West Texas A&M 53
    Connor Shaw, South Carolina 50
    Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville – Did not throw
    Derek Carr, Fresno State – Did not throw
    Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M – Did not throw
    Zach Mettenberger, LSU – Did not throw
    Aaron Murray, Georgia – Did not throw

9. Fantasma Negro

I'm gonna keep saying Logan Thomas in the third

10. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

On measurables alone, Logan Thomas would be the #1 pick. 6'5", 248lbs, 11 inch hands, 4.6 40, and a cannon arm. Hard not to fall in love with. Then you watch him play...

I'd roll the dice on him in the 4th, but someone probably fell in love at the combine. Mettenberger in the 3rd is still my first choice. Throws a much better ball.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Anthony Barr <a href="https://twitter.com/itheeayb">@itheeayb</a> just ran an electronic 4.44 in the 40 for Pro Scouts...and that's why you train on the UCLA campus with Sal Alosi.</p>&mdash; Jim Mora (@UCLACoachMora) <a href="https://twitter.com/UCLACoachMora/statuses/443468308948340736">March 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>