1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 NBA Playoffs: Toronto Raptors(3) vs Brooklyn Nets(6)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Orange, Apr 16, 2014.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Apr 20, 2014.
  1. Toronto in 4(sweep)

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  2. Toronto in 5

3 vote(s)
    2.3%
  3. Toronto in 6

19 vote(s)
    14.7%
  4. Toronto in 7

30 vote(s)
    23.3%
  5. Brooklyn in 4(sweep)

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  6. Brooklyn in 5

6 vote(s)
    4.7%
  7. Brooklyn in 6

42 vote(s)
    32.6%
  8. Brooklyn in 7

27 vote(s)
    20.9%
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Patterson played the best defense on Lowry out of all the players on the floor. Not sure what was going on down there.

2. vator

vator Contributing Member

Brooklyn showing the world how to defend a last second inbounds play with the game the line. In all honesty, I wonder how many teams went over that situation just a little bit more carefully after watching the Rockets completely botch it up. I would guess all of them. You can't afford little things like that cause you to lose games and series in the playoffs.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Toronto rockets lost today too.... :(

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

With Lowry loosing in the first round, this might give us a chance to try to steal him away from Toronto this summer in free agency, Lowry is a unrestricted FA.

We could get Lowry for a SnT for Lin, or just trade Lin and Asik for picks and sign Lowry outright.

5. Beavis Stiffler

Toronto has now joined a list of cursed sports towns with Houston, Cleveland, San Diego, and Buffalo.

Toronto is cursed because the Raptors have not won a playoff series since Vince Carter was there, the Maple Leafs choke in last year's NHL playoffs, and the Blue Jays are not good.

6. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

Take notes McHale, that's how u defend a final possession

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

NBA is rigged. At the very least it has no legitimacy. Star power runs everything and in our case we became the villains that everyone rooted against. Easy storyline to build up, all of a sudden Lillard is a star, Howard is a baby, and Harden is a flopping terrorist with a beard.

If they wanted me to stop following sports they are sure doing a good job.

8. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

I've noticed it more every year since the Rose "why can't I be MVP" storyline developed when Lebron went to Miami. The NBA pretty much just follows media hype and the trending storylines when it comes to the officiating. Jack Armstrong chewed in the NBA and its officiating during game 6 in this series.

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

The Raptors could really use Parsons.

10. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Guess we'll start seeing Drake at Heat games again

11. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Lowry tried to do too much. coach should have ran the play for someone else. Too predicitable that they were going to run it through Lowry. But give BKN credit, was a great trap on Lowry.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Both Rockets teams lost. :(

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Drake's gonna need some time to get over this. Won't be courtside in Miami till Game 2</p>&mdash; J.A. Adande (@jadande) <a href="https://twitter.com/jadande/statuses/463044359772848128">May 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I don't know about rigged. The NBA didn't make Lillard's three pointer for him. The NBA didn't block Lowry's shot. If the NBA were rigged, the Rockets would not have even had the ball on the play where Parsons scored the put back. If it were rigged, Toronto wouldn't have gotten a chance to win the game at all. If it were rigged, you wouldn't leave that stuff to chance.

Officiating can be bad sometimes, for sure, but I don't think it is some sort of grand conspiracy.