1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 NBA Finals: San Antonio vs. Miami

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 31, 2014.

?

San Antonio vs. Miami

Poll closed Jun 4, 2014.
  1. Spurs in 4

1.5%
  2. Spurs in 5

4.2%
  3. Spurs in 6

30.5%
  4. Spurs in 7

33.2%
  5. Heat in 7

8.0%
  6. Heat in 6

21.4%
  7. Heat in 5

1.1%
  8. Heat in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mr. Space City

the spurs are cool but spurs fans are terrible.

the stuff they say about the rockets on spurstalk is smh....

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The spurs have likeable players and play like a team. They've also been snubbed in a very disrespectful fashion every year since 08, so I Would really like to see them wipe the floor with Miami. I also hope that doing so will finally open Dork Elvis's eyes when it come to things like coaching, chemistry, and execution.

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I wish i had a better idea how Miami are playing, but I'm not even sure they've played a playoff quality team from the west.

4. VBG

VBG Member

That is true. Duncan wins a ring here, his full career resume probably surpasses Hakeem. Even if Hakeem's peak was higher.

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I voted Heat in 7, but with the Spurs you can never tell...

6. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Going for the Spurs, but I think the Heat will win easily. LeBron is just too much.

7. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I just don't hate San Antonio. I've got no reason to. It's not like the Spurs have ever humiliated the Rockets, it's not like Houston disdains San Antonio like we do Dallas. And divisions are not that important anyways.

8. ginia1110

ginia1110 Member

Star Wars Episode II: Revenge of The San Antonio Spurs :grin:

9. Houston22

Houston22 Member

[​IMG]

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Spurs in 4 because lulz.

11. ginia1110

ginia1110 Member

Wow, I'm just flabbergasted how you just implied that Tim is not a good player as his reputation is. :rolleyes: Almost everyone on the basketball league, be it players, coaches, or commentators/analyst all sing the same tune regarding Duncan, and those are people who are actually working inside the basketball world and not just fans like you or me who aren't' 100% legit to give a comment.

Maybe this is why Pop's always and perpetually in disdain of laymen like fans and non-basketball players during question and answer portion? :p

Of course for him to thrive in Pop's system not only does he have the talent but also the character to play unselfish bball. Its a fact however, that not all players can live up to Pop's expectations, and Tim has clearly done that.

Gosh, I'd dare anyone to say something as disrespectful as that to Pop! Hahaha. The fireworks it would create! :grin:

12. ginia1110

ginia1110 Member

hahaha! This is such as awesome pic! LOL'ing here so much :grin::grin::grin:

13. ada32

ada32 Member

This will be an epic final! With Parker injured, Heat has an advantage.

However, Pop has been planning this for 12 months. I voted Spurs in 6 or 7.

LBJ and the gang will make this a 7 games affair!

14. ginia1110

ginia1110 Member

Yeah, I'm panicking over Parker's state of health. He's got to return at least 80% right? they've got to give us a monstrous game! I really want a death-match rather than a landslide game. Wont it be boring otherwise?

But knowing Pop, I think he'll have a contingency plan on their first game against Heat.

Its not like he's our ever-dearest coach Mcfail who only thinks of adjusting after losing 2 games in a row...:rolleyes: No wonder why a coach who says more than "No threes" can shout and castigate his all star players. LOL. :grin:

15. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

I think its a tossup, feel like the Spurs left OKC pretty banged up. Not sure how bad Parker is injured, Manu and Kahwi have also been banged around while Miami is pretty much unscathed.

However, the top4 in the West could easily have beaten Indiana so really Miami will be challenged much harder than last year with a more athletic and deep Spurs and veteran clutch players.

16. ada32

ada32 Member

Kevin Durant and Paul George walk in a sport bar to watch the final.

They found Melo arrived earlier and now drunk!

Meanwhile, Reggie Miller is tending the bar and Phil Jackson is looking through the window! :p:p:p

17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Texans are pretty chauvinistic, given a choice we will take another Texan over out-of-staters.

Wilt Chamberlain said "nobody roots for Goliath"

To the dude that said Duncan is a system guy, his nickname is Big Fundamental. He has been cranking out all round solid play for the 20 years I've watched him. But as much as I hate him though, Karla Malone is the best PF I've seen ... just sheer power.

The match-up could be labeled Team System vs. Team Talent but Miami has actually been playing some pretty good team ball too.

Heat in 6, Lebron is playing like Jordan right now. Put it in the memory banks because no one will ever do it better.

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Why do people think SA should've won last year?

They lost fair and square.

19. roksoer

roksoer Member

Kawhi on Wade, Danny on LeBron?

I hope the Spurs win, maybe it will spring a change in the NBA and teams will start playing more like teams and bball iq will be more appreciated, resulting in much more watchable basketball.
    But America needs its heroes I guess

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm hoping this is the big X factor... Spurs look better this year.

LOL
    Don't like SA, but I acknowledge Leonard's awesome defensive skills.

Duncan winning FMVP would give him a great argument for Top 5.

Duncan is already Top 10

THANK YOU!!!!
    It's a travesty how so many Rockets "fans" are rooting for SA. Maybe it's more so an anti-Heat sentiment.

Someone who gets it.

Nice story, lol.
    #hypocrisy