1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 NBA Finals: San Antonio vs. Miami

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 31, 2014.

?

San Antonio vs. Miami

Poll closed Jun 4, 2014.
  1. Spurs in 4

1.5%
  2. Spurs in 5

4.2%
  3. Spurs in 6

30.5%
  4. Spurs in 7

33.2%
  5. Heat in 7

8.0%
  6. Heat in 6

21.4%
  7. Heat in 5

1.1%
  8. Heat in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The Miami Heat will actually get to play a real #1 seed...

Nyways...The reason why the Spurs were successful against the Thunder is primarily because they execute what they set out to do perfectly. The Thunder on the other hand, just believe that their individual talents alone are enough to beat the Spurs. This is why I truly believed the Thunder arent ready to take over the throne of the best team in the West.
    The Heat on the other hand have momentum and history on their side, and the best player in the game. What makes Lebron so great is his ability to make the right basketball play. He individually makes everyone on his team better. Lebron is the engine that enables the Heat to roll... Lebron rarely makes mistakes on the court, and thats what helped the Heat win last time. Ginobli was bad, and Kawhi missed some Fts in game 6 to ice the game. Tim Duncan missed a chip shot in game 7. These Spurs have proven everyone wrong, and are back in the finals with more depth and resolve. I am truly rooting for them, but its gonna take some heroic ish to beat Lebron and this new "Jordan-esque" aura that surrounds him and the Miami Heat. Spurs in 7...

2. Swishh

Swishh Member

What's your prediction J.R. ?

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Oh I don't wanna shell that much, lol. That's just what the prices are listed as now on the resale market. They go on sale Tuesday, at face value.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Meh. In this case, a game 7 in the NBA Finals is comparable to the final two drives of the superbowl by both sides of the offense.

At that point, you're just watching the best coaching / players in the world play for a title.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is nuts that this old farts are keeping young teams like OKC, Rockets, GSW out of the Finals.

It is pretty sad. OK they are good but that is just selfish.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Gross

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I feel disgusted.

I'm not rooting for San Antonio, but I rather see San Antonio win over Miami.

Only because it will raise more questions about legacies and stuff like that.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

As a Rockets fan I just do not see how any Rockets fan can root for an inter-state and division rival Spurs. Root for a team that already has a couple of more title over the Rockets. You must enjoy Spurs fans rubbing your nose in it.

I don't.

I don't like the Heat. But they are not a Rockets rival. The Spurs are.

Go Heat. #Rockets

9. xAliceInChains

I like Tim Duncan. Seeing him slap the floor in disgust last year really made me feel for him.

Go Tim Duncan, **** the Spurs

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I feel the same way as you do. Can't stand either one of them. I think Parker's ankle injury will spell doom for them, though. Heat in 6.

11. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

I despised the Spurs for 20 years. Especially in their finals runs years, they were boring to watch and all of their finals sucked. I rooted for them to lose every single series they ever played in until the 2013 finals. I wanted them to beat the Heat. and the way they played that series and the way they lost made get a new appreciation for them. I want to see them beat the Heat. It is meant to be.

12. rocketsmetalspd

The Spurs bench have been keyed in their current run to the finals. The teams they have played did not have the bench play to match the Spurs. The heat on the hand do have a bench that can at least match the spurs bench because of this and the heat's tough D, I have the Heat in 6. Oh, Yeah I hate Spurs:grin:

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't see it either.

Rocket fans better enjoy the Tim Duncan > Hakeem debates that will come a few years down the line though and that they rooted for Tim Duncan to strengthen his case for that debate.

I don't understand the hate against the Heat at all. They have done nothing against the Rockets...except build a really good team. Meanwhile Rocket fans are clamoring for a 3rd star just like the Heat did...so I don't get it personally.

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Patrick mills goes for 32

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

We have yet to see a fully focused spurs, and I'm sure the heat will bring that out.

Spurs in 6.

16. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

The Spurs got as close as they are going to get last year. The Heat take it again this year, this time in 6.

17. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Honestly that's a huge reason I'm pulling for the Heat. I 100% believe that Duncan is a product of the Spurs system and had he gone somewhere else he would not be considered to be nearly as great as he is now (not that's he's bad, I just really doubt most people would think he was better than Garnett if he didn't play for the Spurs, and he sure as hell wouldn't even be mentioned alongside Hakeem).

18. adobo

adobo Member

Was their any doubt these 2 were going to the finals again?

I think the Spurs will take this series out...they have been more consistent throughout the whole season, and have had a greater improvement overall compared to the Heat compared to last year.

With the Spurs playoffs run..having a close series with the Mav's actually helps them. Then having a game 6 against OKC reminiscent of the game 6 in the finals against Miami (missed FT to seal the game, opponent hits big shots and the game goes overtime) but this time able to pull through for the win also helps them.

Miami on the other hand has not really been stretched as yet with a close series, so if the game or series gets close, it could have a negative effect on them. But Miami do have Lebron, Healthy Wade, Bosh and Ray Allen who seems to be winding the clock with his recent play.

Very interesting series and really looking forward to it. My money is on the Spurs with HCA and all the points above.

Spurs in 5 or 6 games, but would not be surprised if it goes 7.

19. rocketsmetalspd

The get the question by Spurs fans down here in the RGV, Why don't you root for the Spurs they are from Texas? My answer to them is this, Are you a Longhorns fan or an Aggies fan? Most answer Longhorns fan, then I tell them, Would you root for the Aggies to win the BCS Title? All answer No! Why not the Aggies are from Texas? All answer I hate the Aggies! :eek:

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Actually some Longhorns rooted for the Aggies to kick ass in the SEC because they were no longer in the same conference