1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 NBA Draft Lottery Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by redhotrox, May 20, 2014.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

LOL... take their talents to South Beach. Class of '14

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Wow...missed the draft...and the game, but man how are the Cavs gonna screw this up again??? And yes...wow Mallory Edens winner of the internet...might be more talked than Lebron on ESPN...nah who am I kidding...

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Take a behind-the-scenes look at the 2014 <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NBADraftLottery&amp;src=hash">#NBADraftLottery</a> drawing procedure, won by the <a href="https://twitter.com/cavs">@Cavs</a>: <a href="http://t.co/JxBYKabMkZ">http://t.co/JxBYKabMkZ</a></p>&mdash; NBA (@NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBA/statuses/468964578752471041">May 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Video won't play on my phone, but I guess they got tired of all the conspiracy theories. I don't remember them ever doing this before.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

I love how they had to go out of their way to explain how secure the entire draft process is. Stuff like the actual lotto balls are in the locked suitcase vs already out in the open, etc.

6. theangrycanary

seventy sixers with that third pick...

mcw, nerlens noel, jabbari parker...

thats a young, cheap, talented core right there. they pulled off a hell of a tank job.

cleveland? they are pretty stupid. probably going to trade the draft pick, dion waiters, n tristan for kevin love.

then minnesota would have...

rubio, wiggins, waiters, tristan, pek, n that other center, whatshisname. pretty formidable team.

7. Raven

Raven Member

And what makes anyone believe Love will re sign with the Cavs? Minny is probably one of the least favorite NBA cities, because it has crappy weather and no glamor or prestige to balance it out. Cleveland is even worse! The Browns are a different story, but I strongly suspect Love feels that he's paid his dues and wants to live in a glamor city or join a ready made team, preferably both.

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

FIFY.

9. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Rubio is the problem with Minnesota. No defense, can't shoot, can't drive. The guy can only pass.

10. basketballholic

No defense, eh?

(Doh, 9 posts)

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

RIGGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh right.

12. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

If Parker is somehow still on the board at 3, I bet Utah trades up to get him. Not sure they have enough to get to 1 or 2, but Utah has a history of trading with the Sixers so I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade the 5 and 23 for 3.

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

23 would not be enough to move up this in this draft two spots into the top 3. They would have to give up more IMO

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Wiggin's and Embiid's reaction:

[​IMG]

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

So the Cavs get two no. 1 overall picks and two other top-four picks in the past three years, rehire the same coach they already fired, give him a five-year deal, then fire him again after the first year. Bravo

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

They really need a rule to prevent **** from this. You shouldn't be getting three number one picks over 4 years. Especially when there's other teams that need the help just as bad and haven't caught a lucky lottery bounce (Kings, Bucks etc.)

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

wait I thought it was rigged for NY or LA?

18. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

IDK...they traded 6 and 27 to Portland for 3 back in 2005, which Portland could've had DWill or CP3. I don't think they'd need to add any more this year.