1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 National Signing Day

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Bear_Bryant, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

National Signing Day is two weeks away (February 5th)

I like to talk about recruits and there aren't any dedicated threads so I'm making one.

Here are class rankings so far from various websites

ESPN: http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/classrankings?action=upsell

Rivals: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/teamrank/2014/all/all

and my personal favorite 247 sports: http://247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Any predictions on where the top remaining recruits will go? Marlon Humphrey should be a slam dunk for Bama(Dad played there and is from Hoover, AL)

2. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

4 Star DT Poona Ford, former Louisville Commit (when Strong was there) essentially a lock for Texas, I would think

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This thread is basically going to be people hyping up their own school and their own recruits...in which case I love it!

Really hoping Rashaan Evans comes to Auburn, which most people think he will do. Would fill our biggest need on defense, so I hope he's jumping on board. Malzahn is building something special.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Otara Alaka sticks with UT and Dimitrius Knox flips from OSU to UT.

And Poona Ford will also commit to UT. Those are my 3 predictions.

5. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I like your optimism, but I'm probably only on-board with your Ford prediction . If Alaka sticks, Charlie Strong will have done a great recruiting job. Knox - who knows and who cares?

6. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Rashaan should be a virtual lock. Unless he pulls a Rueban Foster :)

In non recruiting news, Jacob Coker will transfer to Alabama. I think he'll start for us next year. Also, have you seen Alabama's offensive line recruits so far?

#1 OT, #1 Center, #1 Guard, #3 OG, #3 OG, #6 Guard :eek:

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Eh, Reuben was always considered likely to bolt after Chizik and Trooper Taylor were fired. Everybody is saying Rashaan is Auburn bound, which I hope is true. He'd instantly help.

And indeed, I have. Bama will always be the premiere place for offensive lineman. Auburn's doing the same with their D-Line and DB's. Call me crazy, but I think the state of Alabama will continue to be the elite place in CFB. :grin:

8. ths balla

ths balla Member

A&M and Bama with 6 of the top 10 recruits, 3 for each school....still can't believe people thought the move to the SEC would be a bad decision for A&M

9. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I don't know why Alaka would pick UT. Both Strong and Sumlin visited him today and there are so many reasons to go to A&M as oppose to UT. Obviously where the program is but also it's a chance to be in a top recruiting class and play with those guys for the next 4 years. He also cancelled his trip to LSU after his visit to college station.

What are 3 good reasons to go to UT?

#9 Brando2101, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  10. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

A&M moving to the SEC and hiring Sumlin has done amazing wonders in getting recruits.

11. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

This is a fun one to watch. A&M really needs a LB of that quality and Strong needs to hold on to one of their top recruits. Both teams gain more than just a football player by snagging this guy.

12. Brando2101

It's less about the SEC and more about Sumlin and what he did with the guys that were already there from the Big 12. Used that momentum to now build a very attractive program no matter what conference.

13. vj23k

There are none...why would anyone want to go there???

:rolleyes:

14. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

If A&M flips Alaka and somehow manage to get Young, either of Parker or McGraw, and one of the linemen (Gates, Smith, or Tucker) I'd call that a top 4 class and probably one of the best in A&M history. Combine that with last year's class and what's starting out as another elite class in '15, and I'd say the Aggies are set up.

15. crash5179

One word... Defense.

As in Sumlin doesn't coach it and Strong does...with a passion. Alaka is a defensive player.

Charlie Strong finished in the top 10 last season in Louisville and has typically had one of the nations best defenses as both a Head Coach and a Coordinator.

I would ask myself one question before counting Alaka out at UT, why hasn't he de-comitted from UT? National signing day is 13 days away, I guess we will see where he signs then.

16. vj23k

If he doesn't decommit tonight, I think he'll be a 'Horn.

17. crash5179

keeping fingers crossed

18. Brando2101

That's one reason.

19. smr6

smr6 Member

My school is representing hard with that #110 recruiting class!

20. crash5179

[​IMG]

Both Sumlin and Strong took turns trying to woo Otaro Alaka yesterday. It looks like he hit it off with Strong. As of right now he is still comitted to UT

[​IMG]