1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 Free agent Contract Value discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by basketballholic, Feb 13, 2014.

1. basketballholic

Figured I'd start this thread to see what you all feel about pending free agents and what they will get in free agency and why. Of course we know what the superstar max guys are gonna get...the max. But what about the others?

1. Kyle Lowry - I think top end is 4/32. Can't see anybody paying more than that.

2. Spencer Hawes - don't know about him. He's a 7-footer. Will somebody reach and give him 4/40?

3. Evan Turner - I'm sorry I can't see more than the MLE for him and I wouldn't want him for 3/9. Who is going to value him enough to pay more than that?

4. Avery Bradley (restricted) - 4/20

5. KHump - 1/8 or possibly 2/20 with second year partially guaranteed

6. Luol Deng - 4/48

7. Kirk Hinrich - 3/10

8. CJ Miles - MLE

9. Shawn Marion - 1/9 or 2/16

10. Dirk - will probably re-sign for MLE in Dallas, could probably get 2/22 elsewhere.

11. Nate Robinson - 3/10

12. Darrell Arthur - minimum to bi-annual exception (possible value here)

13. Greg Monroe - 4/52

14. Lance Stephenson - 4/40

15. Danny Granger - MLE? w/non-guaranteed years

16. Pau Gasol - 2/22

17. Luke Ridnour - 3/10

18. Al-Farouq Aminu - MLE?

19. Thabo Sefalosha - 3/10 (3-point shooting has slumped big time)

20. Eric Bledsoe - 4/55?? (restricted, coming off injury, doubt if he gets max offer)

21. Jimmer Fredette - minimum to bi-annual exception

22. Gordon Haywood - 4/52 (restricted, somebody is going to offer big for him)

23. Marcin Gortat - 3/28?

24. Trevor Ariza - MLE?

2. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Kyle Lowry will get a long guaranteed contract for more than 8mil a year. I'm guessing a team will be willing to gamble a 4 year contract for 10-12mil per IF he can maintain his current performance levels.

You don't want Evan Turner for 3/9? Well lucky because he's not coming here for 3/9.
    KHump 2/20? LOL
    Marion 1/9 2/16? LOL

3. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

It's tough with Lowry. I think he needs the Lakers to get spurned by other free agents and get interested. If the Lakers want him, I would guess 4/50. If they don't, then I just don't see a big market for point guards this summer. He would end up with 4/30ish from the Raptors.

Lance Stephenson --probably around 4/50 and up. A big market for wings this summer. He's young, unrestricted and hitting the market at the right time.

Dirk - I don't know, that just depends on Dirk and how much money he wants to give up. MLE is extreme though. If he takes 10 mil a year like Duncan, it would still be a big paycut. He's still one of the best players in the league and definitely worth more than 2/22 in free agency.

Avery Bradley - 3/21 - 4/32. A black hole but overall a good young SG.

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I think Lowry will get 4/38ish

5. basketballholic

from who?

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

No way Dirk resigns for the MLE. He's going to collect a nice, blank check from Cuban. He'll be a maverick for life.

Agree with you on Monroe and Gasol. Thabo might get the vet min. (like Ronnie Brewer). Marion will make more than Humphries, but neither will be in your ballpark.

7. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Dirk and Lowry to the Rockets for a below-their-market-price contract.

8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Woah Spencer Hawes 4 for 40 mil!? No thank you

9. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

Dont forget shane battier