1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Final Draw

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by FeaR, Feb 3, 2014.

1. FeaR

FeaR Member

Group A (GRANADA): Spain, Egypt, Iran, Serbia, Brazil, France

Group B (SEVILLA): Argentina, Senegal, Philippines, Croatia, Puerto Rico, Greece

Group C (BILBAO): USA, Finland, New Zealand, Ukraine, Dominican Republic, Turkey

Group D (LAS PALMAS): Lithuania, Angola, Korea, Slovenia, Mexico, Australia

If anyone is interested ...

Omer Asik vs Dwight Howard

2. Beavis Stiffler

Group A is the "Group of Death"

3. Beavis Stiffler

My predictions for the 1st round:

Group A - Spain, France, Serbia, & Brazil advance. Iran & Egypt eliminated.

Group B - Argentina, Croatia, Puerto Rico, & Philippines advance. Greece & Senegal eliminated.

Group C - USA, Turkey, Dominican Republic, & Ukraine advance. Finland and New Zealand eliminated.

Group D - Lithuania, Slovenia, Australia, & Mexico advance. Korea & Angola eliminated.

4. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Philippines over Greece, are you kidding me???

Finland over Ukraine or Dominican Republic.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Phillipines are trying to add NBA star JaVale McGee or Andre Blatche.

6. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Dante Exum for tournament mvp

7. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Still can't beat the T-Mac of Greece.

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Groups C and D will be a joke and a snooze fest. FIBA has to stop inviting multiple countries from continents that can't play basketball. Give those spots to teams that can play.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ain't no World Cup without teams from all continents, all teams should have the opportunity to play at the biggest stage and represent their continent or country.

Only thing I'd change is the wild card system. Currently teams can buy in, that's a reason why you have someone like Finland in there instead of a Germany with possibly Schröder, Harris, Dirk, Kaman, Ohlbrecht. FIBA wanted lots of money for that buy-in, it's a shame when money is more important than good competition.

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

What's the point to have 3 terrible teams from Africa when there are 10 much better teams in Europe that don't qualify.

Re Finland, they deserve to make it either way, they finished 9th in the EuroBasket and Germany finished no.17. But the wild card system in general could use more clarity.

11. jas0n

jas0n Member

Even if we have any of those two, we still would not finish on top of Greece. I think we'd have a hard time winning against Senegal too since I'm sure they have tall, athletic players. Our players are on the shorter side. 4s and 5s that are 6'5"...

A lot of people here are also against naturalizing any of the two because of several reasons. Plus I would really hate being featured on Shaqtin a fool.

12. FeaR

FeaR Member

Group A (GRANADA): Spain, Egypt, Iran, Serbia, Brazil, France

The easiest Group ... I don't see any surprises.

Group B (SEVILLA): Argentina, Senegal, Philippines, Croatia, Puerto Rico, Greece

The same with the Group A , Argentina is weak , croatia is incosistent, Greece will not be as bad as in Eurobasket and Puerto Rico is always dangerous but not enough too compete for much more ...

Group C (BILBAO): USA, Finland, New Zealand, Ukraine, Dominican Republic, Turkey

Domican Republic could be the surprise and qualify but it is unlikely ... every European team is playing organised basketball so ...

Group D (LAS PALMAS): Lithuania, Angola, Korea, Slovenia, Mexico, Australia

Lithouania I imagine will have a more refreshed roster without Kleiza and players who become older and older but for me will probably be the leader of the group